• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Looks like most of the ESP 991 Fierces ended up om eBay. . one guy have 20pc of them selling for +$60

Is Discrafts doing these small special runs just to get the "value" up on their disc? to make them exlucive and rare

Probably taking care of their top pros as a priority during trying times for production. I'm not on email lists or newsletters or social media so I miss out on most of that stuff. Not that I care, there are still plenty of frisbees to be had. I got turned off of the limited stuff when I thought I'd like to try an ESP Luna last year.

...Discrafts swirl game is weak as a frog doing pull ups...

When they first started to sell the swirl ESP, their injection process must have been slightly different. There were a lot of discs that looked like they had swastikas on them.

I regret not taking screenshots of retailers selling them.

I'm sure they received complaints because the swirls note have more branches and the curves don't seem as angular.

I just bought a ESP pulse from Nate Doss' backup stash. I've never thrown one and I don't know what to expect. What is it similar to? Is it worth bagging? (there are 2 Pulses left on nate doss' website if anyone is interested)

Last edited:
I just bought a ESP pulse from Nate Doss' backup stash. I've never thrown one and I don't know what to expect. What is it similar to? Is it worth bagging? (there are 2 Pulses left on nate doss' website if anyone is interested)

They beefy. Thumb track type of groove on top of the plate. If you are looking for an OS fast driver it will fill the role

So. Gonna have a few beginners off n on with me this spring playing for the first time. Was thinking about piecing together a "starter pack" of sorts. What would you guys recommended? Gonna use this as a reason to buy some Discraft discs. One of the individuals has played a few times, but nothing major.

I think I seen that Discraft has a three disc pack. Is it any good?

So. Gonna have a few beginners off n on with me this spring playing for the first time. Was thinking about piecing together a "starter pack" of sorts. What would you guys recommended? Gonna use this as a reason to buy some Discraft discs. One of the individuals has played a few times, but nothing major.

Buy them all X Comets.

I generally start most beginners out with pretty understable plastic. Maybe some X Heat, X Avenger SS for drivers. Comets, Meteors and Status for mids. Keep the putters near neutral. If they keep playing these discs will fill slots, but they will mitigate the usual noob hyzers for now.

Buy them all X Comets.

Or X Buzzzes (if you can find any). That would work well enough as a putter, but you could also grab a few random putters for people to choose from. No strong recommendation for drivers, other than keeping speeds on the lower side.

I learned to throw backhand and FH with an old Z avenger, X Buzzz, and a Z magnet. All three are great choices for beginners.

The Pulse is actually a pretty decent mold. It reminds me a lot of a Crush or Starfire. Speed 10-11ish with maybe a hint of high speed turn. Hard late fade.

I found the Pulse to be dependable and accurate. The Pulse is worth bagging if you basically want a shorter Force. Same general flight.

I'd rate it something like 11, 4, -0.5, 3. Just a tiny bit of turn when you really lay into it.

Mantis...

Hey people,

I've been looking for a comparable disc to my Prodigy F3, as I cant find 400 F3's right now, anywhere....

Has anyone thrown an F3 and a Mantis and noticed similar flights? I've seen rim profiles from them both and they appear to be fairly similar.

Please don't say Stalker, its deeper, has a disgusting bead and feels nothing alike lol. I would love to like stalkers, but a bead on a driver is cynical.

Tv.

I throw quite a few Discraft discs but I find their stamps for the all the recent tour series discs rather dull. It's just the pro's name in the same typeface on every disc. I bought a Presnell Drone and it wasn't as stable as I expected, so it's not in the bag. I also didn't really fancy putting it on the wall because it's such a boring stamp.

Any guesses what plastic the 2021 tour series will be?

After Swirl ESP and Swirl Z can we hope for Swirl Ti for 2021? OTB have some Swirl Ti so we know Discraft can make it.
If Discraft CAN make any tour series discs this year, looks like they far behind. . and they soon have to start making all those Ledgestone discs

Hey people,

I've been looking for a comparable disc to my Prodigy F3, as I cant find 400 F3's right now, anywhere....

Has anyone thrown an F3 and a Mantis and noticed similar flights? I've seen rim profiles from them both and they appear to be fairly similar.

Please don't say Stalker, its deeper, has a disgusting bead and feels nothing alike lol. I would love to like stalkers, but a bead on a driver is cynical.

Tv.

I have a couple Manti (Big Z and Z) that I've found on the course and I would say they feel terrible in the hand to me. They have a very high shoulder before a flat top. Feel wise I would say it's nothing like the F3. I honestly hate the feel over any other fairway disc, jmo.

I would say the XL is a closer comparison in both flight and feel to the F3, but maybe the XL is a tiny bit more stable though I only had one F3 before.

I would say the Mantis has a little more turn then an F3 as well where the XL is a bit more stable.

Any guesses what plastic the 2021 tour series will be?

After Swirl ESP and Swirl Z can we hope for Swirl Ti for 2021? OTB have some Swirl Ti so we know Discraft can make it.
If Discraft CAN make any tour series discs this year, looks like they far behind. . and they soon have to start making all those Ledgestone discs

In Ezras announcement video, he got a crystal z shimmer (maybe it was glimmer?) nuke. Wonder if that is what it will be for everyone.

In Ezras announcement video, he got a crystal z shimmer (maybe it was glimmer?) nuke. Wonder if that is what it will be for everyone.

O is that was that NUKE was, thought it was a normal Z at first look.

Guess they will have some trouble fighting over who get´s which tour series disc. . i hope Paige takes a Fierce this year and leaves the Buzzz to someone else.

We need a stock run of premium plastic Fierce.. . and more LUNAs :)

I have a couple Manti (Big Z and Z) that I've found on the course and I would say they feel terrible in the hand to me. They have a very high shoulder before a flat top. Feel wise I would say it's nothing like the F3. I honestly hate the feel over any other fairway disc, jmo.

I would say the XL is a closer comparison in both flight and feel to the F3, but maybe the XL is a tiny bit more stable though I only had one F3 before.

I would say the Mantis has a little more turn then an F3 as well where the XL is a bit more stable.

I will try and find an XL to give a rip, even if they are slightly more stable I know a few trees that can help a guy out.

Thanks for the advice!