• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique my putting, vid inside.

2 things

1 has been said

a) don't practice putting rapid fire with a stack in your off hand

b) by putting the basket in your garage with a wall (presumably) not too far behind it

in the garage there is no wind
the wall gives you a back drop and a depth of field to consider

basically points a and b are about making the practice realistic

I can tell you that when I practice in my basement, where there is no wind and a back drop that prevents blow bys and gives me an easy sense of depth (i.e. where to pitch the putt to) I make a very high percentage

if I go to my local course and practice from multiple positions as in real world putting my make percentage will drop

the artificial nature of your practice means that when you get to the course it feels different
you won't be used to the wind
you won't be used to the lack of back drop
you won't be used to the lack of added depth perception without the back drop

2 things

1 has been said

a) don't practice putting rapid fire with a stack in your off hand

b) by putting the basket in your garage with a wall (presumably) not too far behind it

in the garage there is no wind
the wall gives you a back drop and a depth of field to consider

basically points a and b are about making the practice realistic

I can tell you that when I practice in my basement, where there is no wind and a back drop that prevents blow bys and gives me an easy sense of depth (i.e. where to pitch the putt to) I make a very high percentage

if I go to my local course and practice from multiple positions as in real world putting my make percentage will drop

the artificial nature of your practice means that when you get to the course it feels different
you won't be used to the wind
you won't be used to the lack of back drop
you won't be used to the lack of added depth perception without the back drop

All good points. Time to get out in the yard. Gonna need to pick up a fair amount of dog logs tonight :doh: