• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Cycling mid range molds.

I appreciate all of the input, a special thanks to everyone that said Roc, even though the OP specifically mentioned anything g but a Roc. Anyway thanks.

I remember this hunt. What do I bag now after hunting and hunting? Rocs. :|

I hear you...but that's why the Wasp/Comet combo is even more appealing. Even less hunting required if steps in the cycle are lost or severely gouged by a tree or rock.

And the LE's don't need to be core elements in the bag. I'm loving the ESP BuzzzOS from last years LE run and am using it as my freshy right now, but I still have several Z's that are mainstays. And this year, I'll be grabbing the JB BuzzzOS. It's still the same mold and the flight won't be anything new.

I appreciate all of the input, a special thanks to everyone that said Roc, even though the OP specifically mentioned anything g but a Roc. Anyway thanks.

Put a stupid caveat on an otherwise reasonable question, get several people giving correct but stupid answers.

I hear you...but that's why the Wasp/Comet combo is even more appealing. Even less hunting required if steps in the cycle are lost or severely gouged by a tree or rock.

You really do not understand how cycling works.

And the LE's don't need to be core elements in the bag. I'm loving the ESP BuzzzOS from last years LE run and am using it as my freshy right now, but I still have several Z's that are mainstays. And this year, I'll be grabbing the JB BuzzzOS. It's still the same mold and the flight won't be anything new.

I stuck with Wasp/Comet longer than any other combo until "those that shall not be named". While the Wasp is a wonderful mold, it's faster which often left me reaching for my Wasp when it wasn't the best choice because the Comet just floated too much for what I expected.

With my current mid mold, I have a slower, floaty Wasp (a Comet Wasp, if you will) and don't need the Comet since I have a perfect replacement in my cycle. Since I'm not a power thrower I prefer the float over the speed. I also like that the KCs start more overstable than my favorite Zs while having a more baseline grip.

I stuck with Wasp/Comet longer than any other combo until "those that shall not be named". While the Wasp is a wonderful mold, it's faster which often left me reaching for my Wasp when it wasn't the best choice because the Comet just floated too much for what I expected.

With my current mid mold, I have a slower, floaty Wasp (a Comet Wasp, if you will) and don't need the Comet since I have a perfect replacement in my cycle. Since I'm not a power thrower I prefer the float over the speed. I also like that the KCs start more overstable than my favorite Zs while having a more baseline grip.

That makes sense. I'm too OCD, and play too many rocky courses for baseline anything...

No matter how many times I argue they are KCs aren't actually baseline, but :thmbup: Different strokes...

I'm keeping the Wasp, I've decided I can't replace it right now so I'm going with the wasp comet combo, no cycling for me. Now do I take out the Buzzzes???

My question was going to be: what does the OP want out of a "cycle?" Because you can get the same thing with different molds and different plastics, but then it's not really a cycle, is it? I'd say use a Premium Wasp, a JB Wasp, and a Z Comet.

Gonna have to change the title of your thread to get that question answered!:D

It was more of a rhetorical question. I'll throw one in when I m working I'm playing a course where I may encounter low ceilings or need something to skip or just need similar lines but faster.

My question was going to be: what does the OP want out of a "cycle?" Because you can get the same thing with different molds and different plastics, but then it's not really a cycle, is it? I'd say use a Premium Wasp, a JB Wasp, and a Z Comet.

You're dead right. I'm not super fond of the JB so I'm gonna keep my beat comet, beat in wasp and probably a freshy of both molds also, I feel that should keep me covered. Not a cycle.

I'm looking for a mid to cycle that isn't a roc, I prefer a beaded mid and I like the wasp more than. Any other disc I've ever thrown, cycling Z plastic isn't really a thing. What are some other molds that are good to cycle and beat in to achieve different lines and keep the same feel across the board with my mids? Thanks for your advice, looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

Look for a Compass, I think that is made in more cycle ready plastic as well a premium stuff. Another is going the Buzz OS Buzz route if cycling, but then the Shark is another good choice to cycle in DX or Star. I do not know of meany discs like a Wasp in plastics that cycle, Lighting has one mid like between a ROC and Wasp in style and in baseline plastic disc is easy to cycle.

Latest posts