• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dan Beato... Who is he?

NatiBuckeye

Eagle Member
I tried to look him up on PDGA and he is not a listed member. My first thought is that is not his real name. Well he has a 3 part you tube clip where he plays a course in MN and all his partners use their real name and 2 of them are pretty good and are listed on PDGA.

Someone has to know? His video is the best youtube instructional I know of and I saw him shoot -11 on a good looking course in another so he has to play tourneys....

Maybe deep down I just want to see how he does against others.

he might be a member and hasn't paid his dues this year...75$ for close to nothing is alot to shell out for some..when you look at the stats on the pdga page....there are lotsa people missing...me for one

$75 for a year membership? Damn, I thought it was only $50. Hopefully I will be good enough one day to actually play in some tourneys to cover my membership fees. Some day.....

Am is 50$

Ah thanks jeremy I think we found him.... I dont know I feel a little let down.

He must be a streaky putter, how else does one have a 91 pt spread between two rounds the same tourney? Or maybe he just doesn't like the 2nd rounds.

Dan's just raw. He is basically showing what he learned from Blake Takkunen, who started the Disc Golf Review website. Blake had always seemed reluctant to do videos becasue in disc golf your status all has to do with your scores on the course. Even though he has some great advise, you would inevitably get the "well, if you know so much why are you not 1000 rated" yada, yada, yada. Blake really never wanted to get out in front and deal with the BS. Dan, despite his rating, can crank some long drives and felt comfortable doing the videos. They are great companions to the articles on Disc Golf Review. They seem to be helping a lot of players, despite Dan's rating.

Anyway, it's pretty simple. If you are one of those people who won't listen to anyone but a World Champion, get the Climo/Figjam video. If you can accept the idea that somebody rated less than 1000 might know something, read Disc Golf Review and watch the Dan Beato vids. Your choice.

well said

sometimes in a lot of sports, the best teachers are those without the natural talent - having a lot of natural talent makes things come so easily that you sometimes don't know how to teach because you can't relate to what lower level players are going through

I never said he doesn't know how to drive.

Dan's just raw. He is basically showing what he learned from Blake Takkunen, who started the Disc Golf Review website. Blake had always seemed reluctant to do videos becasue in disc golf your status all has to do with your scores on the course. Even though he has some great advise, you would inevitably get the "well, if you know so much why are you not 1000 rated" yada, yada, yada. Blake really never wanted to get out in front and deal with the BS. Dan, despite his rating, can crank some long drives and felt comfortable doing the videos. They are great companions to the articles on Disc Golf Review. They seem to be helping a lot of players, despite Dan's rating.

Anyway, it's pretty simple. If you are one of those people who won't listen to anyone but a World Champion, get the Climo/Figjam video. If you can accept the idea that somebody rated less than 1000 might know something, read Disc Golf Review and watch the Dan Beato vids. Your choice.

As a PE teacher I couldnt agree more with you. Just because your incredibly good at something doesnt mean you can teach it. I was just dissapointed he doesnt play alot.

If your rating is better than his, you don't need his videos. For the other 98% of us, I think they're great.

Actually Dan Beato learned everything he knows from me, and I'm the most interesting man in the world. I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink Dos XX.

Stay thirsty my friends

As a PE teacher I couldnt agree more with you. Just because your incredibly good at something doesnt mean you can teach it. I was just dissapointed he doesnt play alot.

That is usually true. Most of your great coaches out there in any sport was not the superstar. Their ego tends to get in the way of their ability to coach/teach a player.

Very well said! I liked his teaching style because he broke it down into steps and explained.

agreed; i don't know who he is either, but that video of his driving techniques is superb.

I hope a lot of folks realize that they probably have some superb DG players right in their own backyards that don't have a PDGA membership, or haven't renewed it in awhile. I'm sure if one could make an attractive living playing disc golf they might consider the tournament circuit more, but alas other priorities have reduced their level of involvement in the sport to a local one. These are great people to learn from.

Latest posts