• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dan Beato... Who is he?

Dan, I thought I recalled you saying putting was your downfall? =P

it used to be my downfall until i started throwing 3000 putts a day. heh

Blake put me through hell and the only way i can explain it is he was trying to form a player that had a unique throwing style that put all of his knowledge that he knew about the throw, and threw in some other things and theories he had into my form, that completely 100% focused only on the "hit" point. imagine Tiger Woods' dad that implemented the "perfect" smash factor into the ball while he was coaching his son.

building someones entire form from the ground up. building it to be perfect basically. that is the kind of hell i went through. lol

I expect to see you holding up some trophies soon then. Best of luck to you Dan, I hope you kill some of those guys at some of these major NT events. Come to the Vibram dude!

add me to the pile of users that loves your video and hawks it to anyone who will listen.

thanks dan!

Thanks for doing the video, Dan! I'm an older player and using a "more correct" form (still working on it) has resulted in fewer injuries and more disc golf!

Thanks again!

I expect you'll also see an influx of posters due to DGR's forums being down for over a week. People need their internet DG Forum fix. One thing about the DG community in general is that most people are always happy to help you out. Beto is one of those. The fact that he has all this really insanely detailed knowledge that Blake drilled into him makes his help quite a bit more valuable.

Congrats Dan!! I have enjoyed our chats in the past and it is good to see that you and your female protege are doing well!!

Yeah man, go to the Vibram Open. Huge pay out, and a big way to make a statement as a pro now. Steve Dodge would probably love to know you're there, hopefully one day some of use will get to tee off with you.

Hope to send you some videos and all that, getting better every day :)

P.S. Thanks to you and Blake btw for Joe's flight chart. I don't buy a disc anymore without checking it out. Most reliable rating system out there (and it is really nice to have one chart that incorporates all discs instead of one brand).

Last edited:
P.S. Thanks to you and Blake btw for Joe's flight chart. I don't buy a disc anymore without checking it out. Most reliable rating system out there (and it is really nice to have one chart that incorporates all discs instead of one brand).

:thmbup: :thmbup:

it used to be my downfall until i started throwing 3000 putts a day. heh

Blake put me through hell and the only way i can explain it is he was trying to form a player that had a unique throwing style that put all of his knowledge that he knew about the throw, and threw in some other things and theories he had into my form, that completely 100% focused only on the "hit" point. imagine Tiger Woods' dad that implemented the "perfect" smash factor into the ball while he was coaching his son.

building someones entire form from the ground up. building it to be perfect basically. that is the kind of hell i went through. lol
IIRC you said you spent a couple hours a day for a couple months (or about that) to work through the "working from the hit back" exercise, right? So rather than using it as a drill, that's all you did for quite a while to build your form that way. Does that sound about right?

Contrads on it all coming together! Having a pro that got that way by following Blake's advice will hopefully make it easier to get people to listen. I don't have anywhere near the credentials to convince many people to listen to advice they don't necessarily want to hear.

I'll P.S. Thanks to you and Blake btw for Joe's flight chart. I don't buy a disc anymore without checking it out. Most reliable rating system out there (and it is really nice to have one chart that incorporates all discs instead of one brand).

I'll second that. Anytime I find a disc on the course I've never thrown, I pull out my phone and open up the flight chart :D

IIRC you said you spent a couple hours a day for a couple months (or about that) to work through the "working from the hit back" exercise, right? So rather than using it as a drill, that's all you did for quite a while to build your form that way. Does that sound about right?

Contrads on it all coming together! Having a pro that got that way by following Blake's advice will hopefully make it easier to get people to listen. I don't have anywhere near the credentials to convince many people to listen to advice they don't necessarily want to hear.

i spent 8-14 hours a day for 10 days straight on it, and that is all i did was the right pec drill. ever since i turned pro more people are wanting me to give them advice even people that would not listen to me before about anything because i was competing against them.

people ask me how to throw higher and i give them a 100% accurate answer "aim higher." and if i said that last year they would laugh and walk away, now i say that and they take it in. kind of strange how that works.

as for Vibram i kind of have to play it i think since i promised Steve i would go and play his awesome course.

Dan's cool

Yeah he's not too bad of a guy, he let's me show him up on the course pretty regularly so I've got no complaints.

Wait...that's me letting him show me up...well not letting him...he just does.

jerk

On that note - Dan let's get out to Acorn soon it'd be good to play a round with you again!

Latest posts