• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Daylight

tigel

Double Eagle Member
Does anyone else get pissed off it gets dark by 5:30pm? gahhhh I just want to throw after class/work but noooo.

This is my first year playing disc golf and in general playing an outdoor sport so this is a first for me. I'm sure some of you vets are used to it. Sad sad day.

it does suck. i tried to play a round today and it was dark by 6 .on a brighter side (no pun intended) it makes for early glow golf during the week around 630 :mrgreen:

on the truly brighter side, you can play earlier in the morning. early bird gets the birdies...

I'll show myself out.

J

You guys never heard of glow? My group T's off every Wednesday at 4 year round; lately by 5 we are geared with LEDs on discs and glow plastic charged. When we are close to the basket we light it with small LED spots and play until we are ready to quit. Really, it's not to expensive, LEDs at Radio Shack for a buck or two, batteries at the local grocery store, a few spots or flashlights and you're good to go. You'll like it, and even though it's a bit colder than similar rounds in the summer, you don't have to wait until 10 to get started.

I actually would love to play glow. However, I don't really know all the details to play it. Maybe someone could write a detailed post about glow golf? What you need, tips on how to find your disc easier, ways to glowing your disc, etc etc etc.

J-Man said:
You guys never heard of glow? My group T's off every Wednesday at 4 year round; lately by 5 we are geared with LEDs on discs and glow plastic charged. When we are close to the basket we light it with small LED spots and play until we are ready to quit. Really, it's not to expensive, LEDs at Radio Shack for a buck or two, batteries at the local grocery store, a few spots or flashlights and you're good to go. You'll like it, and even though it's a bit colder than similar rounds in the summer, you don't have to wait until 10 to get started.

We have a glow league, but my vision is poor at night so it becomes very difficult to play.

It's tough to play glow around here. One course has the baskets out from October - April and the two others it's trespassing to be out there after sunset. The cops have showed up a couple times we've played. So it really sucks around here when the darkness comes. It's dark at 445 here now, tough for me to get out of work and just throw in the field. I've got a fully lit putting arena in the back yard though.

Yeah but throwies can be < $0.25 a piece.

Don't get me wrong, I think bobber lights are the tip top and I prefer them to throwies but... everyone around here has throwies now and I just buy 5 sets for $2. Ps, when you disconnect the leads from the battery the LED turns off. :D

mzuleger said:
Furthur said:
Tape these to the top of your disc with duct tape. You're good to go.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W785EE

These are pretty good but I wish they lasted longer... I got a bunch in July that I used maybe 3 times and when I pulled them out last month they were almost dead.

Disagree. I've used the beacon lights for a whole glow season. Generally the switch fails before the battery.