• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DC Elite Reaper Z Sub?

LITSOR

Hi guys, new to the forum, just had a quick question. I'm an amateur, been playing for a few years, but don't know a whole lot about disc stability ratings outside of general knowledge. I am a righthanded-forehand thrower, and recently lost my disccraft elite z reaper. I know that it was discontinued but I've found that it is the only driver that I am above mediocre with. It has a 2.5 stability rating on disccraft, however I am not sure what weight I was playing with; and I havent been able to find one for sale. My question is what would you guys recommend as an alternative disc to this one? I am assuming I will need an overstable disc of some kind? I apologize in advance for the lack of knowledge.

I recommend buying my used one 7.5/10 I will check for ink and weight, looking for $15 for it.

P6060055.jpg

Welcome. The usual suspects are form, form and form followed by Z Predator, Z Force, Banshee, EXP1 (Banshee close copy out of production) and Spirit. Spirit is a meat hook and the shortest out of these but is the easiest to keep from flipping over and will fade the earliest and hardest. Force is the fastest and longest and way longer than the Reaper. Depending on your power the Banshee and EXP1 might be the closest match distance wise or the Spirit. Pred is faster and longer than those two and they are faster and longer than the Reaper.

If you drop the ease of throwing requirement a bit in favor of closeness of speed and distance then an E Blaze could work. I haven't thrown them side by side but i think the Blaze is slower and shorter with a fairly similar flight path to the Reaper.

Form bug numbers one and two i think are too much speed and rolling the wrist. Many are astounded by how far they can throw with a reach back where the front of the disc is at the same level as the right back. Almost extending the arm straight at the rip produces good distance while not rolling the wrist so easily. You want to have a quick, quick, quick wrist flick in the end of the throw followed by a long follow through on the same plane of hyzer you threw at. The thumb should point to the right not to the left once the arm has stopped. How much up or down the thumb points after the follow through depends on hyzer, flat or anny angle release of the flight.

JR said:
Welcome. The usual suspects are form, form and form followed by Z Predator, Z Force, Banshee, EXP1 (Banshee close copy out of production) and Spirit. Spirit is a meat hook and the shortest out of these but is the easiest to keep from flipping over and will fade the earliest and hardest. Force is the fastest and longest and way longer than the Reaper. Depending on your power the Banshee and EXP1 might be the closest match distance wise or the Spirit. Pred is faster and longer than those two and they are faster and longer than the Reaper.

If you drop the ease of throwing requirement a bit in favor of closeness of speed and distance then an E Blaze could work. I haven't thrown them side by side but i think the Blaze is slower and shorter with a fairly similar flight path to the Reaper.

Form bug numbers one and two i think are too much speed and rolling the wrist. Many are astounded by how far they can throw with a reach back where the front of the disc is at the same level as the right back. Almost extending the arm straight at the rip produces good distance while not rolling the wrist so easily. You want to have a quick, quick, quick wrist flick in the end of the throw followed by a long follow through on the same plane of hyzer you threw at. The thumb should point to the right not to the left once the arm has stopped. How much up or down the thumb points after the follow through depends on hyzer, flat or anny angle release of the flight.
Thank you for the help. I would like to think I have decent form, but I get a lot of torque/spin on release. I throw it decently far, but I usually never have a problem with the disc turning over. I just generally try to keep it low. It has an S type flight path.

NoLifeLeft said:
How beat was the one you lost?
It actually wasnt too terrible. It had some scrapes and one good size ding, but it still handled well. But it had met its' fair share of trees.

Latest posts