• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD Classic (firm) Judge First Look

SteezeOG

Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi
A FedEx man barely escaped an attempted hijacking of his truck this afternoon. I played two rounds in between two trips to DD in hopes these would be arriving. On my third trip I was greeted with smiles and no longer embarrassment.

That said I don't have the energy or daylight to go a third round but tomorrow it's on. Get a look at these bad boys.

e5qk5y.jpg

Two 175g and One 176g (max) weight Classic Judges in the most awesome swirl gray I've seen.

They're flat profiled like the Classic Soft. :hfive:
Not OVERLY firm. No chance of a PDGA issue on these but still firm and KC Pro like but velvety and tack to them. I'm sacrificing one of the 175g ones tomorrow to torture testing for my own curiosity and your viewing pleasure.

Available now in-store only at the Emporia location I'm sure the others will have them in store shortly. They will be online for sale on Friday. First Run stamps 14.99 Production stamped ones coming soon and those will be $11.99:thmbup: Please do not buy the gray ones. Those are mine. You're welcome to the white, black, yellow, pink, or light blue. Look out for a review and results with pics of my torture testing if you're interested.

Don't think so. I think you can only get Fuzion in dyemax at the moment and I'm not sure on which molds exactly. The website options can probably tell you. I got the Judge in a Fuzion Dyemax and I think there are Fugitive blanks for dyemax too. Not sure on the Escape or Trespess. I was surprised they did more first run stamps I'm happy about that. They're almost too pretty to trash one but I'm basing the wear on whether it's all Judges in my bag or I use up the soft wizards I have.

Last edited:
Is the feel similar to Classic Soft/Zero, just a stiffer disc?

The classic soft is a rubbery kind of grippy and these don't feel that way. Not exactly like gateway soft closest I can say would be the kc pro just better feeling in my opinion.

Based solely on look and feel and my experience with base plastic this seems really durable. I'll know tomorrow when I toss one into a rock bridge, monkey island, and a dozen trees.

I wonder how many of the swirl gray got ran. I was going to go with a black, white, and gray but when I got the three in hand you see in the picture it was love at first sight. The white does look good with a gold stamp.

I noticed with some other putters, like the rff wizard and the medium wizard, that the softer putters feel more "low profile" in the hand, while the firmer putters feel "chunkier." Is that the case with the judge?

I noticed with some other putters, like the rff wizard and the medium wizard, that the softer putters feel more "low profile" in the hand, while the firmer putters feel "chunkier." Is that the case with the judge?

Not at all. The classic judege (firm) is every bit as flat and low profile as the classic soft. I can't tell a difference in the hand. Both are flat and slim.

You guys better scoop them up fast I'm heading down to the shop in a bit to get a new bolt replacement. I may snatch up all the gray swirls. :eek:

Just got my Red, First Run, 173 g, Classic Judge. It's the same squeeky, sticky material as the soft only it's rigid. Not Chalky at all. I was expecting it to be more chalky from some of the pro statements. The shoulder feels a tad higher and more comfortable than the soft version but still a flat top. So far, it won't be replacing my supersoft wizards anytime soon.

How can the judge be classic already? How old does a disc have to be to be considerd classic?

Latest posts