• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] DD Help!

does anyone have any info on the knight or the sword? i'm looking for something as like a max distance Tailwind Driver that i would be using as a replacement for my Tern. doesn't have to be an actual Tern replacement, but somewhere in that range or like a DDx potentially

Sword and Sorcerer would both be great Tern/tailwind discs. I haven't thrown one for some time, but I remember thinking of the Sorcerer like a better feeling Tern. Others will have more experience on this, but a guy I knew who threw ~350' would get laser straight lines with his all day long, and it's a good hyzer flip discs for those with more power than that (or tailwind).

I think i've changed my mind to include all trilogy now so these were my thoughts. I'm open to suggestion:

Long-range:
WS Giant - OS (not sure which plastic lasts longer or tends to be more OS)
DD Trespass - Straight to OS
WS Sword - US/tailwind driver (might do a Havoc instead)

Control/Fairway:
DD Felon - OS
WS Stag - straight to OS
Lat River - straight to US
DD Witness - US/rollers

Mids:
Verdict - OS
Emac Truth - straight
Warrant - US

Putter - Judge

might get a Harp for approach and throwing putter, but maybe next purchase to fill out the bag. also might look at Culverin/Longbowmen/SaintPro as a Thunderbird replacement

also, any thoughts on the King as my tail wind driver? i know the numbers don't really add up to what everyone says they fly like but i was trying to figure out between the Sword, King and Havoc and how they fly relative to each other

The Kings and Havocs I have thrown were understable. I'd stay away from the Havoc in particular as I've had them turn into rollers a lot. The Saint Pro is slower and less stable than the Thunderbird, haven't tried the Culverin/Longbowman. I enjoyed the few throws I've had with the Saint Pro's, but it's not a Thunderbird, closer to a Teebird with less HSS.

So I'm not positive if you are trying to go full DD or full Trilogy. But I threw I nova and discmania and switched to a trilogy bag.

Here is what I transitioned to:

Aviar/D-Line P2 -> Classic Blend Marshal
XT Nova -> Fuzion or Lucid Warden
S-Line P2 -> Recycled Mercy

Champion Mako3 -> Opto Claymore
P-Line MD3/McPro Roc3 -> Lucid eMac Truth
C-Line MD3/Champion Roc3 -> lucid Verdict

2nd Run FD/Champion Teebird -> Opto Saint Pro
C-Line PD/Champion Thunderbird -> Opto Culverin
Champion Firebird -> Lucid Felon

First Run C-Line PD2/Star Destroyer -> Gold Line Cutlass
C-Line DDx -> Gold Line Havoc

do you feel like the Warden flies similar to the Nova? obviously it won't feel the same cause of the overmold, but i need something that flies similar. that's my main throwing/approach putter so i want something similar. I was thinking maybe a shield, but wasn't sure about it.

also, i was looking at finding something for that DDx/Tern spot and saw you had a Havoc. have you tried the sword/king at all or do you still have your Havoc and love it?

theoretically, if Trilogy plastic tends to be less stable when comparing numbers to Innova, if i bought the Trilogy plastic in say +4 grams or so in that disc slot, shouldn't they fly more similar? i tend to throw Innova discs between 167-170g but if i bought Trilogy between 172&max, shouldn't a max Trespass fly closer to say a 168 Destroyer?

theoretically, if Trilogy plastic tends to be less stable when comparing numbers to Innova, if i bought the Trilogy plastic in say +4 grams or so in that disc slot, shouldn't they fly more similar? i tend to throw Innova discs between 167-170g but if i bought Trilogy between 172&max, shouldn't a max Trespass fly closer to say a 168 Destroyer?

It is easier to get a lightweight disc "up to speed" so I'd suggest staying around the weight you are comfortable with as your form wouldn't need changed or looked at. There are plenty enough discs in the trilogy family to fill spots vs changing weights.

I don't notice a few grams here or there. Some of my 167-169g discs have been the most OS in my bag...I feel you really have to lower the weight to 150 class to get a velocity difference and even then it's slight (but when discs are that light they do act a bit different too). So just get whatever you're comfortable with I suppose...

Most of the Trilogy numbers are pretty off, but some do act like you'd expect. Makes it very confusing. I've thrown Trespasses bought at the same time, both Lucid and similar weight, one was a -2/2 turnover/max D type disc right out of the box, and the other was a -1/3 control driver that always faded. But side by side you could tell from PLH before they were thrown that they would act different, and they did. So if you aren't ordering blindly online then the best option is to have an idea in your head of which discs/plastics should cover all of your shots (for example a Defender or Enforcer or Giant will always be more OS than a Trespass...never have heard/seen any freak differences), and then within a mold you can hand pick if you want a more or less OS version of that.

also, any thoughts on the King as my tail wind driver? i know the numbers don't really add up to what everyone says they fly like but i was trying to figure out between the Sword, King and Havoc and how they fly relative to each other

I use a 172 TP King for tailwinds, and it bombs for me. Very understable, can hyzer flip it with a favorable wind and get it out to 430' pretty straight.

Update: so I dove in and got all the discs I just mentioned. I've been told by a few people that the stag is similar to an Eagle-x but mine actually was more sloppy than my river. Is that normal? I got a VIP at 169. I tend to throw my fairway drivers at that weight but it was almost a roller out of the box. Did I get a fluke? I was hoping it would end up sitting between the river and felon but the river feels more like it's between the two instead. Kinda dissapointed

The Westside Destiny is a great understable disc too, especially if you drive in the 350-400' range. Don't let the 14 speed put you off, it is understable but in a controllable way. Kind of like a longer and flippier broken-in Trespass. I have a 172 VIP that I just started working with.

Latest posts