• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] DD2 (retooled)

oldmandiscer

Banned
The old DD2 was a Katana bottom with Discmania anny top. Any guesses here? Shyrke bottom and Anny top? Have they done that yet?

2.3 rim width.
1.1 depth.
31.75 rim conf. (fairly blunt for a distance driver.)

https://www.pdga.com/technical-standards/equipment-certification/discs/dd2

I'll check it out and see how it feels. Although I throw Katanas I thought the DD2 (old mold) was a little faster and more squirrely. Didn't really love it. Seemed faster with less glide.

It'll be interesting to see how this one works out.

I always felt like the DD2 was a slight letdown compared to the Katana. The Katana is a hair faster and penetrates better. Head to head the Katana was beating the DD2 by at least 20' on every throw.

DD2s can also be surprisingly stubborn. I've seen some flippy ones, but also some really beefy ones.

If I'm going for hyzerflip bombs I'd take the Katana over the DD2 every time.

I always felt like the DD2 was a slight letdown compared to the Katana. The Katana is a hair faster and penetrates better. Head to head the Katana was beating the DD2 by at least 20' on every throw.

DD2s can also be surprisingly stubborn. I've seen some flippy ones, but also some really beefy ones.

If I'm going for hyzerflip bombs I'd take the Katana over the DD2 every time.

My Katanas have always been more glidier then the DD2's I had/still have. I like Katanas the best out of Innovas 13+ speed drivers. You do need to find ones that suit your disc speed though. I like medium/med-high PLH with medium domes. I think more bad DD2's exist as well just from looking at them and throwing some odd beefcakes.

This new mold has me slightly intrigued. I might buy one.

My Katanas have always been more glidier then the DD2's I had/still have. I like Katanas the best out of Innovas 13+ speed drivers. You do need to find ones that suit your disc speed though. I like medium/med-high PLH with medium domes. I think more bad DD2's exist as well just from looking at them and throwing some odd beefcakes.

This new mold has me slightly intrigued. I might buy one.

It seemed like I kept running into really beefy DD2s. I'd struggle to get any turn out of them, and they didn't glide remarkably well.

For Katanas I want dome on them. Dome = glide. Flat Katanas don't glide well, and they're usually pretty overstable. I like Katanas because I can really give them a hard rip without worrying about them flipping over. The late fade kicks in nicely.