• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Demand for a Disc Golf Auction website?

Not here. I can usually get what I want through my regular seller on eBay, Innova Pro Shop, local pro shop (2) or Play It Again Sports.

One big advantage you may have over Facebook is that your site should be searchable by search engines, and I don't think the Facebook sites are. A Google search is how I first ended up on Discaroo so many years ago. Another advantage would be the ability for a user to set up alerts for when a mold they want is being auctioned. I get sick of searching for "Banshee" on 3 sites every day.

I am not saying that this is necessarily a good idea, just that there are some advantages.

One big advantage you may have over Facebook is that your site should be searchable by search engines, and I don't think the Facebook sites are. A Google search is how I first ended up on Discaroo so many years ago. Another advantage would be the ability for a user to set up alerts for when a mold they want is being auctioned. I get sick of searching for "Banshee" on 3 sites every day.

I am not saying that this is necessarily a good idea, just that there are some advantages.

If you use Google and you search using the "site:" function, you can search FB or any site for specific items. Example--- site:facebook.com discraft auction

There is a worldwide audience of your target demographic right here, 24/7, why would you want to auction something anywhere else ?

Wow! Some great feedback over the last day or so. I really appreciate it. You're all touching on some issues I've thought about, such as how to get users to "care" about a new site and I don't know that I've solved that and it really is key to this ever working.

I'm familiar with Saucer Shuffle and was a bit discouraged when I found that site as it's similar to what I had in mind and obviously the buyers and sellers haven't flocked to his site in favor of eBay and Facebook. Still, sometimes there are several paths to a basket from the tee pad and this is no different. I still think there is room to disrupt eBay and Facebook in this area, I just have to figure out how to do it.

Getting all of this GREAT feedback is part of that so, again, I really really appreciate it. You've all given me a lot to think about!

If you use Google and you search using the "site:" function, you can search FB or any site for specific items. Example--- site:facebook.com discraft auction

Yes, but now you're talking about having to educate people on how to use a completely unrelated service (google search) to find auctions on Facebook. The easiest way to keep people from buying your product is to continue to put barriers in their way. If I go to your car dealership and you don't have prices, I'm not buying from you. Similarly, if finding what I want on your auction site is not easy, I'll go somewhere else.

There is a worldwide audience of your target demographic right here, 24/7, why would you want to auction something anywhere else ?

A very good point and yet, most people have said that the marketplace on DGCR doesn't see nearly as much activity now that people use Facebook instead. The market is fickle and people will go where the market takes them. If sellers can get more money by selling on facebook they're going to go there and if buyers can't find what they want on DGCR, they'll go somewhere else.

Latest posts