• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Developing a "how to disc golf" clinic

BenBVDiscGolf

hey dgcr community.
i am looking at doing a series of dg clinics in 2015
1. at the start of the season(end of may when you can play up here in northern bc) this would be the introduction(object of game,basic fundamentals,overview of rules and sportsmanship)
2. mid season july revisting fundamentals and expanding shot selection(rollers,spike hyzers,ect.)
3. late season september(just before our club championship) which would revisit past clinics along with strategy,ettiquette,pressure situations ect...

to the question is there a format course plan that people have seen/used that can make these clinics fun and rewarding? I am thinking the demo/teaching would be about 30mins-45mins and would then have a round where we can be walking around helping where needed.

what would people charge for a clinic(looking at offering a disc to entrants)
we would also be working with the city's parks and rec program for their summer activities program.

goal of this would be to grow the sport introducing dg to people not familiar, help exisiting players elevate their game, and to broaden our brand(bvdga) to the area that we are here and want to help people to enjoy the game.

thanks for your help
ben.

The Infinite Disc clinics last month with Shusterick, Wysocki, and Ulibarri (probably just butchered those names) are up on YouTube. I learned/refreshed ALOT, and I like how they did it, especially Paul, having everyone throw, and giving direct feedback.

The Infinite Disc clinics last month with Shusterick, Wysocki, and Ulibarri (probably just butchered those names) are up on YouTube. I learned/refreshed ALOT, and I like how they did it, especially Paul, having everyone throw, and giving direct feedback.

Yep, I was in that clinic, and I've got to say.... Will's instruction was good, but Paul's instruction with letting players throw was so useful. My "session" wasn't recorded with Paul, but he really broke down players, and used them as demonstrations of what to do and what not to do.

It was awesome!