• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

I went by on my lunch break and it looks pretty good for all the rain! There is some standing water the creek is not full. The rain stoped at 9am today so we will see what 2 days of sun can do! I did see two guys playing back by 820 and they looked to be haveing a great time!

Good to hear heh. That course usually holds massive amounts of water for LONG periods of time.

I am in town a bit and will get to play the Warm up next weekend. But, I haven't played either course in about 10 years.

I am looking to play the Leonard course and Lake Lewisville this Sunday. 29th.

Hoping to find a local guide to show me the added OB at the city course Sunday morning ----- then head to the lake course during the afternoon.

Any takers?

Thanks,

Ron Pittman

I am in town a bit and will get to play the Warm up next weekend. But, I haven't played either course in about 10 years.

I am looking to play the Leonard course and Lake Lewisville this Sunday. 29th.

Hoping to find a local guide to show me the added OB at the city course Sunday morning ----- then head to the lake course during the afternoon.

Any takers?

Thanks,

Ron Pittman

You still looking to play LLWoods(as the kids call it) in the morning?
What time r you looking at?
I'm not a very good golfer, but I know the course pretty well and I might be free in the morning.

You still looking to play LLWoods(as the kids call it) in the morning?
What time r you looking at?
I'm not a very good golfer, but I know the course pretty well and I might be free in the morning.

Dave,
Looking at 10ish. Will that work? My son and I will be there then. Red Prius, TN plates. Thanks,

I heard a while back about a second course going in at Weatherford in soldier springs park. Anyone know any details about that? Is it still happening?

"Heart breaking news today. The Weatherford Parks Commision has turned down our request for a new Championship style disc golf course at Soldier Spring Park. We've been told we can't throw a frisbee in a park. It was said to not fit in to the city's Master Plan. They want to keep this park natural."

Basket #1 at North park is now to the left of where it was. Closer to the road and in a stand of trees.

Don't know if this is coincidence or intentional, #8 tee pad has a big patch of course grain sand to the left of it. Looks like a no mando tee.

So Haleigh and I might try and go play a new course this weekend and I'd like to hear opinions on where we should go. We will have our 1 year old son with us in the jogging stroller so keep that in mind. It also looks like rain tomorrow so mud pit courses are a no go. What we haven't played, starting with the highest rated:

Cherry Creek in Canton (probably farther than we want to drive with the little one)
Crossroads of Life in Duncanville
Haslet (redesign still under construction as of 1/31)
Wellington of Flower Mound (listed as private, not to far of a drive though)
Sonora in Kennedale
Greenbriar in Fort Worth
Trophy Club Park (listed as private?)
UT Dallas in Richardson (very close to home, might play it on the way home)
Tommy & Sue Brown in N Richland Hills (6 holes? worth the time if you are in the area playing something else?)

another 8 we haven't played are listed, at 2 stars or less I'm not sure I'm interested.

Even if we don't make it out this weekend I'd still be interested to know what courses we should visit first that we can push our baby in his stroller around.

Canton is sweet. I think it will be the best bet since the lake is taken if there is any good rain. There are bridges down there now from what I heard so youll be fine. Greenbriar is meh and the drive to Canton would be more worth it if you ask me

UTD is definitely stroller friendly, but not very challenging.

BTW,didn't you play Sonora right after Layviar's memorial service?

UTD is definitely stroller friendly, but not very challenging.

BTW,didn't you play Sonora right after Layviar's memorial service?

No sir. Don't think I had the honor of meeting Craig and didn't attend his service.

Canton is sweet. I think it will be the best bet since the lake is taken if there is any good rain. There are bridges down there now from what I heard so youll be fine. Greenbriar is meh and the drive to Canton would be more worth it if you ask me

For the 1:20 drive to Canton I'd rather go the extra mile and see what the reopened bEast is all about.

Its not 120 only bout an hour, and thats was with an ole lady driving. Ya I agree but thats all of 1.5 andit may be nasty if there isnt any grass down?

Stroller friendly dry courses after rain are rare. Have you played Porter in Mesquite? That one and BB Owen likely fit the bill for Saturday. I can't say about most on your list because I have not played most of those.

So Haleigh and I might try and go play a new course this weekend and I'd like to hear opinions on where we should go. We will have our 1 year old son with us in the jogging stroller so keep that in mind. It also looks like rain tomorrow so mud pit courses are a no go. What we haven't played, starting with the highest rated:

Cherry Creek in Canton (probably farther than we want to drive with the little one)
Crossroads of Life in Duncanville
Haslet (redesign still under construction as of 1/31)
Wellington of Flower Mound (listed as private, not to far of a drive though)
Sonora in Kennedale
Greenbriar in Fort Worth
Trophy Club Park (listed as private?)
UT Dallas in Richardson (very close to home, might play it on the way home)
Tommy & Sue Brown in N Richland Hills (6 holes? worth the time if you are in the area playing something else?)

another 8 we haven't played are listed, at 2 stars or less I'm not sure I'm interested.

Even if we don't make it out this weekend I'd still be interested to know what courses we should visit first that we can push our baby in his stroller around.

Cherry Creek is cool, but last time I played there was a lot of sand (tee boxes and most of the back9) probably not too great after a big rain.

Greenbriar is a quick play, but a few holes 11-14 or 15 hold water pretty good.

This Trophy Club course?

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=4460&mode=rev

Played it once a few months ago. It was $1 to get in the area of the park that has the course. No reservation or permission required. The course was rough. It was barley carved out of the thorny, cactus laden scrub woods it's in. No tee pads and hardly a marker of where they should be. Not much for paths. Grass not mowed outside of the field areas near the road.

We did see a few DGers who'd played it before and they pointed out roughly where things were. We still didn't find all 9 baskets. I got scratched up pretty good getting my disc out of the sticker vine patches.

But hey, if you wanted to safari, this is the place. It's kinda pretty in that au naturale kind of way. I'll play it again one day. Wild courses can be fun.