• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2014

Hit my first "official" ace yesterday. Hole 3. Spirit Ridge Halloween Tournament. A short right turning hole that I usually lightly flick a Trident at, but on my very first shot of the tournament I lost that Trident... On the same hole. I had a backup, but since I've been going long on that hole with Tridents anyway I decided to lightly flick a Buzzz the second time around. The course designer thought it looked good. I thought it was long. He was right. I was wrong. Now I finally have a reason to use one of the other Buzzzes that I've stockpiled over the years.

A couple weeks ago, at a tournament at my home course, I aced this hole with a Nebula on a lhbh flex line. I didn't believe them for a second when they said they heard chains :D even though I knew I hit the line I wanted. I'd gotten close to the pin years ago when I threw forehand, so I knew the line was there. Everyone else said "Well that's an easy rhbh hyzer!" ... but the ace line's lefty! :p

That's the stuff that keeps me coming back :D

Hah, just wait until you see my 75' "ace" I nailed while they were in town. We played some longer stuff like Renny Gold, then decided the last day was ace run day. Did Eager Beaver short tees, then Pinewood elementary haha. I think it was 151'

Hah, just wait until you see my 75' "ace" I nailed while they were in town. We played some longer stuff like Renny Gold, then decided the last day was ace run day. Did Eager Beaver short tees, then Pinewood elementary haha. I think it was 151'

hahaha. i hit a 100 ish foot ace. might have even been a touch less. a good jump putt has a great chance at it. i dont jump putt but standstill long putted it.

ace run days are always fun

post the video on here!

hahaha that looks almost identical to the ace i had. i dont jump putt either. i standstill and throw that same way you did in the video. just like that 100 footer i hit.

as in your position is against jump putting being necessary?

as in your position is against jump putting being necessary?

No, my position is who cares. I think its funny seeing people get all worked up about jump putts like we're doing Michael Jorden free throw line dunk style jump putts and getting some crazy advantage over people too uncoordinated to jump putt.

Actually that reminds me, I do an MJ style jump putt in one of the videos we shot over the weekend :D

No, my position is who cares. I think its funny seeing people get all worked up about jump putts like we're doing Michael Jorden free throw line dunk style jump putts and getting some crazy advantage over people too uncoordinated to jump putt.

Actually that reminds me, I do an MJ style jump putt in one of the videos we shot over the weekend :D

idk you see uli? jump putts cause early celebrations cuz they almost always hit, but then gets awkward when you run half way to the basket and then have it miss haha

May 14 at Warrior's Path State Park Course on number 19. My Buzzz GT hit the chains after a beautiful fade underneath the tree limbs. My second ace ever and put me 1 under on the day, best score ever at Warrior's.

Hole #7 from the Red Tees at Knobley Mt. DGC. Was throwing three molds that I've never thrown before for fun. On this hole I normally throw a Star Aviar P&A. I threw a DX Aero today. My line was closer to the big tree protecting the left side of the fairway than is ideal for my Aviar which would normally fade out and hit the tree. But the Aero went straight with just a little right turn, slamming dead into the chains for my first Ace of the year. Here's a pic of the hole.

picture.php

I threw my second career ACE today on the 9th hole at the Sinks in Chattanooga. The anhyzer felt smooth leaving my hand and I felt I had a great line as my Avenger SS began its slow fade back to the left. The basket is over a ridge and out of view, so the sound of the chains, like glass shattering in the distance, was music to my ears! That's 2 for me, and 2 for my Avenger SS!

Got my seventh ace today. Hole #10 and UW Whitewater. Only 160 feet, but plays awkwardly up hill with a fairly tight opening in a tree line and trees all along the tight fairway.

Hit an ace on hole 18 at McPherson Park in Flagstaff, Az during a round of Wolf today. Luckily I was the one choosing on that hole.

Hit an ace on hole 18 at McPherson Park in Flagstaff, Az during a round of Wolf today. Luckily I was the one choosing on that hole.

What position? What and how did you throw it. I blew up the chains so many times on that hole, but none of them stuck.

Got hole 15 at my home course today. Hole 15 at cedar hills in raleigh, nc. Dark Ness had descended and we switched to glow mode, I threw my glo flx buzzz hard and low and she stuck. That makes 5 there for me.

First-shot-of-the-day-ace today, 276' hole #1 at Tyger River, lefty backhand smooth low hyzer with perfect fade into center chains, with the parks guys to witness from their golf carts:

21c68c35.jpg

10369140_10152876835058035_1174351159159262803_n.jpg

Congrats on the Ace, Bennett!

...but also sorry for your loss (caught on video, no less?). Sort of a YAY!, ..aw crap! day, or was it the other way around? (referring to the lost Reaper at Tyger River... was that the same day?)

Congrats on the Ace, Bennett!

...but also sorry for your loss (caught on video, no less?). Sort of a YAY!, ..aw crap! day, or was it the other way around? (referring to the lost Reaper at Tyger River... was that the same day?)

Nope -- lost the Reaper on Saturday, the ace was today. Took the same shot today on that hole today with similar wind, and parked it.
Here's the post for the lost Reaper with video of the shot.

The hard part today was NOT bringing the camera --- I bring it every round, but today I looked at it and said "you know, it'll be nice not to lug that thing around today."

Wouldn't you know it, first shot, ace.... :wall:

Last edited: