• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2014

First-shot-of-the-day-ace today, 276' hole #1 at Tyger River, lefty backhand smooth low hyzer with perfect fade into center chains, with the parks guys to witness from their golf carts:

21c68c35.jpg

10369140_10152876835058035_1174351159159262803_n.jpg

meh ... lefty hole

And I can't hyzer-spike it high to the left(LHBH), the trees around the green are thick at the top, there's no way to crash through to get close without being incredibly lucky.

First Ace in Japan! Showa Kinen park hole #15. It's not a long ace at 55 meters, but it was a tough route.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 27
I doctored up a photo taken from the course today to help illustrate my ace from a few days ago. I threw a RHBH hyzer skip that traveled about 82 ft forward and 30ft left after the skip just low enough to not be knocked down by the low hanging tree branches (6ft ) with a 158 Champ Firebird. There's a wall of trees guarding the basket, which made this shot even harder. Second lifetime ace with a Firebird, first with this particular beauty.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Wow!
381 and 384/5 # post, Rad extremely enjoyable at the moment. must be the bluegrass music in the background……and the Rangiest at the early morning hour.

When it rains, it pours. Today I threw a rainbow dime even Trent Dilfer would be proud of, this time at a course called Tama Hills. It was on the first hole of my third round from 220 ft out.

I hyzer-flipped a 155 Firm Summit and watched it slowly track right until it jiggled chains. This one was a real treat because it was the first time my wife had a chance to witness me in all my mediocre glory. 15th lifetime hole-in-one, second in Japan, first Rubber Ace!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
When it rains, it pours. Today I threw a rainbow dime even Trent Dilfer would be proud of, this time at a course called Tama Hills. It was on the first hole of my third round from 220 ft out.

I hyzer-flipped a 155 Firm Summit and watched it slowly track right until it jiggled chains. This one was a real treat because it was the first time my wife had a chance to witness me in all my mediocre glory. 15th lifetime hole-in-one, second in Japan, first Rubber Ace!

:hfive:

That pic is awesome, WESLEY!

Don't know how I missed this thread, got my 6th ace, 2nd this year last Tuesday, and it is my longest to date. #14 at Shaver Park, 300', slight downhill at the end. Got it finally with my Comet, I have been close to it so many times before. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy and stuff

2b37536f_t.jpg

Pic from this site, don't know how to make it bigger, one of my favorite holes on the course.

Wow, that looks like a tough shot, especially in the summer. How long have you been running that basket with a Comet? I'd kill for a Comet in the mid 150s. What plastic & weight did you ace with?

When it's a basket I've been barely missing or chained out on a few times I'm always in a disbelieving state of shock. I've seen too many spit outs to celebrate until a second or two after.

I used a 171 Z Comet for it, started using a Comet for it last year when I searched for a Fuse replacement, and have fallen in love with the Comet. This course especially sees a lot of use from it. I have hit the pole twice and bounced one off the top of the basket just this year with the Comet.

I have a 161 Z Comet as my lightest that I will throw in the bag when I decide to go with an al 150 Open bag along with 158 Obex and Ibex, but haven't used them since I got the Lucid Air Truth which is the best 150 class mid I have used.

I was walking off the pad because tree was blocking the view on the throw. The Comet was heading to the right like it was supposed to around the big tree on the right hand side of the fairway but looked like it wasn't going to fade back like it usually does when I heard the Ching and Chunk of it hitting, but I thought it bounced out. My friend had never seen an ace so he was freaking out . You can only see the number plate and top of basket from the teepad since it is downhill after about 240 feet, so I wasn't to quick to get to it until I saw it as we walked up.

If you hit the trees outlining the fairway, it tends to shoot the disc down to the left into a ravine which can turn into a bogey if you can't get the upshot through or around the scrub trees that guard the basket down and left.

And It would be nice to see a 150 class Comet ( and Zone and a Buzzz)

Last edited:
Just snagged my second career ace. 270ft sidearm with a Champion Boss on Hole 9 at Woodmere DGC in Evansville, IN. It also happened to be on the playoff hole after an even round of doubles! Not a bad day.

This picture is taken from the course profile on this site...

Teepad to basket
758998a4_m.jpg

Basket to teepad
7f8b96dd.jpg

Got my 1st ever backhand Ace on 15A(first of the new holes) at Holler in the Hills during a quick warmup round prior to Tick or Treat (Nov 1st). 10 KC Teebird - Took a few years but finally a backhand ace and loved getting it at Holler.

Got my first putter ace yesterday. It was a shorty, but played tee to pin, so I'll take it! DD eMac Judge - 175g (probably less as much as I've beat this thing) - ~140'.

Got out for my first competitive round in over 4 months, still playing on only 1 foot besides a couple putts. It finally worked out that the conditions were perfect and I had the time to make my way up to CP Adams for a doubles round this morning.

Hole 5, maybe 200' significantly uphill, plays maybe 250', hyzer flip up the narrow gap to the left, up the gut and a straight skip up and gently set down into the basket with a dx teebird.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ace1.jpg
    Ace1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 58
  • ace2.jpg
    ace2.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 56
  1. Nice beard
  2. Holy s&*t congrats!
  3. How do you throw with that thing that makes it look like your leg was amputated?
  4. Holy s#*t congrats!

*Not ace related, I took this video about a month ago, but it should clear up some of your questions. And Thanks! It was an awesome day :)