• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Meet up - Minnesota 2024 - July 13th/14th

HAMPSTEAD SUCKS!

Awesome Fun GIF by Tactical Baby Gear

;)

How we all doing? Less than a month away so just wanted to see if there was any changes to anyone's schedule or whatever, just checking in I guess. I messaged the chains edge facebook guy and let him know there would be some campers and peeps playing his course that weekend, he seems pretty cool about it though I haven't gotten my high 5 yet from mentioning @playrecords name haha.

I still have the following list below as the list of attendees/maybees. If you're not on the list and want on, sound off, if you can't make it well then you suck worse than @Hampstead ! (Lub U Hamp!)

List of confirmed attendees so far:

@sillybizz
@wolfhaley
@Mrs. wolfhaley
@playrecords
@Countchunkula
@elmexdela
@discRabbit
@SheilaT
@Cgkdisc

List of possible attendees so far:

@Hampstead
@BuiltTooLong
@Magnet69
@BryanC

Last edited:
Has Hampy become the Primus of DGCR?

I believe so and I find it wonderful, as a Primus and Hampstead fan :)

I'm in for one day. Not sure which day but weather may factor in.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to meeting you sir. Played plenty of your courses over the years and been a beneficiary of the work you've done for the sport. (y)

Here's the situation. Some of my favorite DGCR people are going to be there. You are pretty much the only reason I continue to post here. If I could teleport, I'd be there no problem.

I've been dealing with a pulled hamstring on the same leg that I had knee surgery on. As time goes on, I'm finding that walking doesn't hurt nearly as much as sitting for long periods of time. One position and it starts to feel like a charley horse is edging my thigh. My drive to work is 10 minutes. Recently drove an hour to play a course and it hurt quite a bit. A 14 hour drive would take at least 20 with the many stops to walk and stretch. The injury happened in late April. There's a month of recovery between now and the meet up, but the slow healing has been distressing. That's where I'm at as of today.

Yeah, I suck.

Here's the situation. Some of my favorite DGCR people are going to be there. You are pretty much the only reason I continue to post here. If I could teleport, I'd be there no problem.

I've been dealing with a pulled hampstring on the same leg that I had knee surgery on. As time goes on, I'm finding that walking doesn't hurt nearly as much as sitting for long periods of time. One position and it starts to feel like a charley horse is edging my thigh. My drive to work is 10 minutes. Recently drove an hour to play a course and it hurt quite a bit. A 14 hour drive would take at least 20 with the many stops to walk and stretch. The injury happened in late April. There's a month of recovery between now and the meet up, but the slow healing has been distressing. That's where I'm at as of today.

Yeah, I suck.

#missedopportunities

How we all doing? Less than a month away so just wanted to see if there was any changes to anyone's schedule or whatever, just checking in I guess. I messaged the chains edge facebook guy and let him know there would be some campers and peeps playing his course that weekend, he seems pretty cool about it though I haven't gotten my high 5 yet from mentioning @playrecords name haha.
The "Chains Edge facebook guy" is the owner of the property, designer of the courses and did the vast majority of the labor. He has spent the better part of the past decade shaping the property to what it is today.

I know you are being flippant, but just wanted to point out that I have a ton of respect for what Chad has created with his complex.

Will deliver a high five next month :)

Thanks for remembering me on your list, Silly. I won't be able to make the cross-country trek for this one.

I've been dealing with a pulled hamstring on the same leg that I had knee surgery on. As time goes on, I'm finding that walking doesn't hurt nearly as much as sitting for long periods of time. One position and it starts to feel like a charley horse is edging my thigh. My drive to work is 10 minutes. Recently drove an hour to play a course and it hurt quite a bit. A 14 hour drive would take at least 20 with the many stops to walk and stretch. The injury happened in late April. There's a month of recovery between now and the meet up, but the slow healing has been distressing. That's where I'm at as of today.

Yeah, I suck.
If it would help, and you can make it as far as Chicago, I can give you a lift the rest of the way. Not sure if sitting in the passenger seat would be any better than driving, but I thought I'd throw the offer out there.

I decided to take off work that friday the 12th as well. could maybe play Springvale on the way up if anyone is rolling through around lunchtime is interested. Mostly want to be up there as the welcoming committee and to shut down @sillybizz blaring the raps as he rolls in ;)

If it would help, and you can make it as far as Chicago, I can give you a lift the rest of the way. Not sure if sitting in the passenger seat would be any better than driving, but I thought I'd throw the offer out there.

I appreciate the offer. What I'm finding is that if I sit with legs bent for a long period of time, I can feel the hamstring tighten up.

I appreciate the offer. What I'm finding is that if I sit with legs bent for a long period of time, I can feel the hamstring tighten up.
All good. If things take a turn for the better in the next couple weeks, just hit me up.

Who else is camping? Enquiring minds want to know.