• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Dynamic Discs Open

Its one event... If this hadn't been the first real tour event back since the pandemic, how many people would even care? Most people loathe watching events on this course anyway.

Next weekend's event is normal coverage. We've had 3+ months off, I think another week isn't much to ask for the people who bring us this coverage wanting to try something new...

...and can you really blame Jomez and CCDG for wanting their efforts shown on a real TV channel?

Where I do think they missed the boat was not offering the entire event for free live since they won't have the normal postpro coverage. That would let people skim thru the coverage at their own speed during the day and not piss as many people off.

Where I do think they missed the boat was not offering the entire event for free live since they won't have the normal postpro coverage. That would let people skim thru the coverage at their own speed during the day and not piss as many people off.

I did just that last night. Coverage was on past 9pm est. I watched the men's coverage mostly live and them skimmed through the women's before bed.

She's maxed at about 540-550' to my knowledge. That's how.

Here ya go

Now if you ask me about MPO, I'm gonna say, "under what rock have you been hiding?"

Tried to watch this FPO coverage, I generally enjoy the FPO division. But, watching them heave plastic in a wide open, windy field, filled with tiny flags is mind numbing. It is nearly impossible to tell what flags are for what and where OB is. This is boring golf. If I were trying to present the game to a national audience, this would not be my choice. Really, it is not even that picturesque.

But, watching them heave plastic in a wide open, windy field, filled with tiny flags is mind numbing. It is nearly impossible to tell what flags are for what and where OB is. This is boring golf. If I were trying to present the game to a national audience, this would not be my choice. Really, it is not even that picturesque.

Emporia, Vegas, the Memorial...this comment could be about any of them.

Ball golf courses are just boring to watch

. If I were trying to present the game to a national audience, this would not be my choice. Really, it is not even that picturesque.

I agree, it isn't disc golf like I know it though I suppose no pro level course even in trees would be either.

But the course isn't a lush green golf course even, and the houses and streets you see in the background are nothing special. Makes DG look like a 3rd rate niche game being played on old, small town golf courses to help them make money.

Emporia, Vegas, the Memorial...this comment could be about any of them.

Ball golf courses are just boring to watch

Ball golf courses are more boring than wooded courses, but not all of them are as boring as Emporia. I actually enjoy watching people play Gleneagles in San Francisco, which a least features nice views and lots of elevation. Emporia, as you mentioned, is just the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, it isn't disc golf like I know it though I suppose no pro level course even in trees would be either.

But the course isn't a lush green golf course even, and the houses and streets you see in the background are nothing special. Makes DG look like a 3rd rate niche game being played on old, small town golf courses to help them make money.

Yeah man, if this is the chance to present disc golf to a national audience, they couldn't have picked a worse venue. What about maple hill or green mountain? Even blue ribbon pines is way more interesting golf with the woods portion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECC may not look great on video, but it's nicer on the ground in person. The geese who live here are raising some goslings, and they're so cute!

But, watching them heave plastic in a wide open, windy field, filled with tiny flags is mind numbing. It is nearly impossible to tell what flags are for what and where OB is. This is boring golf. If I were trying to present the game to a national audience, this would not be my choice.

The bold section is valid, and it is something that I hope is modified digitally for the eventual presentation. It would help a new audience to see the blue circle 2, the red circle 1, and the white OB flags all represented with digital lines to give clear delineations of boundaries. Or if not digital lines, at least enhanced in some manner. And if not that, perhaps a brief introductory segment explaining to the audience what each color flag represents before the round begins.

I do understand this isn't necessarily done for traditional golf in national broadcasts, but I do agree that to an audience unfamiliar with the quirks of the sport, it would be helpful.

His level of play over the past 12 months has been nothing short of incredible.

Living near him, I get to run into him on the course every now and then. It's stupid how good he is. Even in practice rounds he's a machine.

No offense to the Matt Orum thread.

Wait until you see the Preserve this weekend then. It's on a former golf course, all the dead grass and brown greens make Emporia look like a paradise.

Its so windy today... Some of these shots look like my group at E White the first year I went to BG Ams, lol.