• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Dynamic Discs Open

Becca Cox has put in some work during the downtime. She has a whole new runup. SHe's getting a lot more power into her throw. If she can get that dialed in... Look out

wow.. she looks frickin strong, smooth, fast, etc, with her new form. There is NO doubt as the season progresses she's going to be throwing bombs. Much respect to her for putting in the time. :clap:

wow.. she looks frickin strong, smooth, fast, etc, with her new form. There is NO doubt as the season progresses she's going to be throwing bombs. Much respect to her for putting in the time. :clap:

She had a rough go of it today. She was having some problems with nose angle control the first two days and I'm guessing the wind today made that a lot worse. But like I said in that post, if she dials that in, she might be bombing drives out there with PP before long.

Still remember the first time I saw her play. She was like 14 or 15 and I was playing my first tourney... Watching that young girl out drive me by 50ft was very humbling, lol

Last edited:
Watching Kona six putt from inside the circle in round two was something. Never seen that from her before so I'm not trying to jump on her, just one of those crazy things that make you say Wow. Jamie said, "That's happened to all of us." Nope, can't say I've done that. I would have been freaked out just watching that and having to putt afterwards.

Watching Kona six putt from inside the circle in round two was something. Never seen that from her before so I'm not trying to jump on her, just one of those crazy things that make you say Wow. Jamie said, "That's happened to all of us." Nope, can't say I've done that. I would have been freaked out just watching that and having to putt afterwards.

I've 4 putted from the circle once, but never 6. I was on a card with a guy who 5 putted once. Led to bad vibes on the entire card for several holes afterward

I'm with you in that I may have 4 putted before, but I don't believe that I've done worse than that. I figure that Jamie was just trying to play it down a little bit, being very kind. The look on her face after putt #4, I think, said it all.

I didn't see FPO round 3 but was very impressed with how Kona was able to regain her composure after that. That would have to have been ROUGH. I would probably have been laying up from 30' even with the good wind conditions after that. Kudos to Kona!

Cats putts looks worse than last year, did not think that would be possible. .. So much hyzer
22 missed C1 Putts.. .But even Paige missed 11.. .Missy only missed 4 and two of them was on the same hole, she had 2 100% rounds.
Many throws to gain inside the circle for the FPO field

This course is really set up for Paige P distance. . she had 8 Birdys per round and an Eagle in R1. . Paige S had 8 Birdys total
Quite a few holes that PP is the only player that can reach the pin on her drive

Over the 3 Rounds she had a birdy on every hole exept 11, 16 and 18 at one point in one or more rounds

This course is really set up for Paige P distance. . she had 8 Birdys per round and an Eagle in R1. . Paige S had 8 Birdys total
Quite a few holes that PP is the only player that can reach the pin on her drive

Over the 3 Rounds she had a birdy on every hole exept 11, 16 and 18 at one point in one or more rounds
This is why I often refer to Paige Pierce as more comparable to Climo than to McBeth as a player relative to her field.

Interesting to see Paige dominate like that and know that she doesn't like the course. She was skipping GBO because of that, prefers more wooded courses.

Warming up for this event, I played Hole 9 as well as I possibly can:

Shot 1: Forehand off the tee, landed in the middle of the fairway.
Shot 2: Forehand up the hill, landed close to the right hand side but in position to attack the opening.
Shot 3: Forehand along the fairway, through the opening, into circle 1.
Shot 4: Putt.

An eagle just isn't the cards unless it is just some kind of phenomenal throw-in. An eagle from C1...I'm just in awe. That was a heck of a pair of throws.

36:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ95HcrqZhQ?t=2190

Cat can probably reach most too. Her putting on the other hand...

Off topic, but does anyone know why there are spray bottles near some of the baskets?

Cats putts looks worse than last year, did not think that would be possible. .. So much hyzer
22 missed C1 Putts.. .But even Paige missed 11.. .Missy only missed 4 and two of them was on the same hole, she had 2 100% rounds.
Many throws to gain inside the circle for the FPO field

Yeah man her putt looks rough. I've been there with the tournament yips I feel bad for her. I've gotten to the point in a tourney where I just got super nervous before stepping up to any putt, no matter how long it was. Really messes with you mentally. Funny thing is her ex hubby gave the best advice on his "down the fairway " where he talks about going through your normal routine and aiming for a small target no matter how close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk