• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Idlewild Open driven by Innova & The Nati Aug 7-9

It's been announced in the local group on Facebook that it's closed starting today.
Another thing they are trying to avoid is tearing the course up with too many playing since there's been rain in the area lately. But the weather for the week looks great!

It makes even more sense considering covid. I know its not that likely that someone could get infected on the course but why take the chance during tourney week. It sucks for people that want to play the course in the great condition it will be in, but it should still be in top shape next weekend if you can make it then drchain. Plus, I think they pull all the unused baskets during tourney week, so if you come next week, you would get to play all 24 holes.

It makes even more sense considering covid. I know its not that likely that someone could get infected on the course but why take the chance during tourney week. It sucks for people that want to play the course in the great condition it will be in, but it should still be in top shape next weekend if you can make it then drchain. Plus, I think they pull all the unused baskets during tourney week, so if you come next week, you would get to play all 24 holes.

All good. I've played Idlewild the week before the tourney 3 of the last 4 years. Always fun to play a course with freshly marked OB and baskets in tourney position--especially this one! So this weeklong ban definitely seems Covid-related and I totally get the need to keep the surfaces in good shape. I'm gonna have to get up there next Monday!

Side note/thought: ever since the 2017 DGPT (and that layout permanently saved to UDisc), I've played the additional holes only once. That DGPT layout to me is so incredibly good, I don't want to waste time and energy on the others (blasphemy!).

That DGPT layout to me is so incredibly good, I don't want to waste time and energy on the others (blasphemy!).
I've played there 3 times, and only ever the DGPT layout. My second favorite course behind Maple Hill. I've never loved a course that beats me up so much. Still dreaming of my first back-9 birdie there...that whole throw straight thing seems to get me. Very punishing course once you get even the slightest bit off the fairway.

All good. I've played Idlewild the week before the tourney 3 of the last 4 years. Always fun to play a course with freshly marked OB and baskets in tourney position--especially this one! So this weeklong ban definitely seems Covid-related and I totally get the need to keep the surfaces in good shape. I'm gonna have to get up there next Monday!

Side note/thought: ever since the 2017 DGPT (and that layout permanently saved to UDisc), I've played the additional holes only once. That DGPT layout to me is so incredibly good, I don't want to waste time and energy on the others (blasphemy!).

I honestly think this is more of a trend to coddle the pro players. Allows them to practice without fan distraction. I remember last year some whining of no water out on the course for practice rounds.

Already posted this in the Brodie thread but figured there might be some people who would want to check out the course conditions that wouldn't look at that thread...

Fridays live cards...

FPO:

Becca Cox
PP
Heather Young
Val Mandujano

MPO:
Eagle
KJo
Keith
Zach Arlinghaus… Hopefully he has as good an event as he did last year. It was real fun to watch that young man tear up Idlewild. Last weekend at the Lexington Open, he shot 960 the first round and 1078 the second:eek:

Fridays live cards...

FPO:

Becca Cox
PP
Heather Young
Val Mandujano

MPO:
Eagle
KJo
Keith
Zach Arlinghaus… Hopefully he has as good an event as he did last year. It was real fun to watch that young man tear up Idlewild. Last weekend at the Lexington Open, he shot 960 the first round and 1078 the second:eek:

Nice to see the young Texan, Valerie Mandujano, get a shot in FPO. Most people don't know she's now the second-highest rated in Texas ... ahead of Lisa F, Stephanie V, Christina L, Rebecca C., and her older sister. She doesn't tour yet; mostly only regional competition.

Nice to see the young Texan, Valerie Mandujano, get a shot in FPO. Most people don't know she's now the second-highest rated in Texas ... ahead of Lisa F, Stephanie V, Christina L, Rebecca C., and her older sister. She doesn't tour yet; mostly only regional competition.

That is pretty awesome for Valerie. She's also the 7th highest pro woman.

Ian, JVD or JamieT, if any of you see this, who's got what cards the first round?

So, as always Live is the final card.
Jomez will have the card behind the live card. (McBeth card)
Disc Golf Guy channel will have an earlier featured card (noon-ish).

Sorry, I don't know the players that are on each of the cards yet. Just the live one. But, when the tee times get announced, I am sure you will be able to figure it out.

So, as always Live is the final card.
Jomez will have the card behind the live card. (McBeth card)
Disc Golf Guy channel will have an earlier featured card (noon-ish).

Sorry, I don't know the players that are on each of the cards yet. Just the live one. But, when the tee times get announced, I am sure you will be able to figure it out.

Thanks... but Terry should do that 10:10 card... just saying.:D

Though, if he did the 12:22 card, I could live with that. AB, Hannum and a local GM player that still has a lot of game and can carve a KC Roc with the best of them.

If its the 12:10 card, that could be fun to watch also. MJ, Koling and Harbolt on a woodsy track...

I wonder how fast the live card will catch up to that 2nd card ;)

Depends on how the lead card does really. If Zach is struggling for instance, it might take awhile. If they are all playing well, it might take 6 holes... maybe less.

Not having the FPO out in front of the MPO this year might help. One early group having problems could wreck play times for the whole day. They seem to have spread out the player ratings pretty well, so hopefully none of the MPO groups get too bogged down and its smooth throughout the day.

Latest posts