• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT Live Coverage Will Be Paywalled

I'll be curious what they do for Ledgestone. In it's current set up, I will have to decide whether I watch FPO lead card or MPO lead card.

I don't think $4.49/mo is enough money to be complaining about. Don't like the live coverage? Don't watch it. If you do, this is a small price to pay. I really really hate how so many people expect things to be free in disc golf, but then complain if their free things are lacking any quality.

Cost to watch DGPT events live for 2020:
Feb 21-24 - $4.49 per event
Mar 14-16 - $4.49 per event
Apr 12-14 - $4.49 per event
May 10-12, May 25-27 - $2.25 per event
Jun 21-23 - $4.49 per event
Jul 5-7, Jul 26-28 - $2.25 per event
Aug 29-Sep 1 - $4.49 per event
Sep 12-15 - $4.49 per event
Oct 17-20 - $4.49 per event

The live coverage for the entire disc golf season ends up costing you, if you choose, about $40. This is not much considering all the dedication, time and work from so many people that it takes to deliver live coverage.
I dont begrudge them for trying, I just think its still too soon and stated why I won't be subbing... at least not unless I can get a new comp and/or better net at some point. Also, I think its a very good idea to keep the final round free for now. I don't think moving from YouTube is a good idea. Its going to be harder to keep growing the audience without all those potential eyeballs...

Last edited:
Couple things...
The plan is for free live final round all year.
There are a few events where the MPO - FPO Plan will have to be adjusted.
I done begrudge anyone that doesn't sign up for any reason. But every year people say, "They should just wait one more year..." we have to take that leap sometime.
There should be apps for all major platforms to watch on. AppleTV. IOS, Android.

Will there be ads?

How much of the post produced coverage will be exclusive to the DGN?

Can we shut all the commentary off except for Terry?

And it sounds like the DGPT is trying to monopolize the disc golf video media market. I can just see this doing the opposite of growing the sport. Im not a fan.

At least we can be confident in the production because it's SB. JV, do you think not having a free pilot event is risky for the DGPT? You know how the internet can be and God forbid someone pays $5 and the broadcast isn't perfect.

Concurrent MPO/FPO seems like a new challenge right? Does streaming through a new platform have risks?

I'm buying for sure and I won't be crying regardless of how it turns out. I got two extra shots in my Latte and it was like $7. Robbery!

Will there be ads?

How much of the post produced coverage will be exclusive to the DGN?

Can we shut all the commentary off except for Terry?

And it sounds like the DGPT is trying to monopolize the disc golf video media market. I can just see this doing the opposite of growing the sport. Im not a fan.

They are trying to monopolize the live portion of the DGPT. But there will always be plenty of other events and NTs and Majors if this isn't someone's cup of tea.

To be honest, the coverage won't change that much, we are just leaving ourselves options to go to other cards if that is where the story is.

They are trying to monopolize the live portion of the DGPT. But there will always be plenty of other events and NTs and Majors if this isn't someone's cup of tea.
To be honest, the coverage won't change that much, we are just leaving ourselves options to go to other cards if that is where the story is.

So the early round Postpro won't be behind a paywall? The Silver Series part was also rather ambiguous about whether those would be also. I think all it said was something about standard coverage.

From how the article sounds, it sounds to me like they are going to buy up exclusive rights to post production as well from others. Did I read that wrong?

You're asking the wrong person, for I likely wont be.;)

But they aren't paying for just the early live rounds, it also sounds like the early Post pro rounds and other "exclusive content" whatever that means

this is a half baked money grabbing scheme

Yes. They want unique pieces from the post guys. Not the shot by shot. Imagine the Jomez profile things.

Well, that's better. You know me and how I love the live, I just can't justify it at this point. Maybe vimeo is better now(been awhile since the last time I tried it) and I wouldn't need a total upgrade of my gear. Then maybe I could pay a month here or there for really great events. Also, if I was still an active member it might be different with the discount.

Good luck.:thmbup:

So please spell it out for me.

In order to see post produced, shot by shot, tournament coverage of DGPT events, where/how do I view it? I have no interest in live at this point in time. Thanks.