• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT Pro Tour Championship 2020

Odd to see Paige P beeing Caddie for Kona. . Paige is sponsored by Grip and Discraft.....now she carries a Pound bag filled with Innova disc?!?

Maybe I'm missing something but...

The format of this event seems different when I pull up the live scoring and PDGA websites. Can someone tell me how this event works, cuz I don't see scores by everyone's names.

Do the highest rated players/those with the most DGPT points get a bye, while the lower rated players/those with fewer points have to "play their way in" on day 1?

...or something along those lines?

Maybe I'm missing something but...

The format of this event seems different when I pull up the live scoring and PDGA websites. Can someone tell me how this event works, cuz I don't see scores by everyone's names.

Do the highest rated players/those with the most DGPT points get a bye, while the lower rated players/those with fewer points have to "play their way in" on day 1?

...or something along those lines?
Yes. Top four scores of players who qualified for each progressive round move on towards the Final four.

Last year, the first for this format, I believe, they had a few ties at the end of the round. At least one competitor did not know the tiebreaker rule, or thought there would be a playoff.
But he was wrong, any ties for a "move-on" or be eliminated spot, are broken by their DGPT points from the season. So it helps to play as many events as you can.

It would be nice if the DGPT scorecard (UDisc), had their season points (maybe beside their name), so you would know who wins any tiebreakers. It would also be helpful to the competitors as they are checking UDisc.

Last edited:
Last year, the first for this format, I believe, they had a few ties at the end of the round. At least one competitor did not know the tiebreaker rule, or thought there would be a playoff.
But he was wrong, any ties for a "move-on" or be eliminated spot, are broken by their DGPT points from the season. So it helps to play as many events as you can.

It would be nice if the DGPT scorecard (UDisc), had their season points (maybe beside their name), so you would know who wins any tiebreakers. It would also be helpful to the competitors as they are checking UDisc.
Basically "bag tag" number tiebreaking, you must beat the player with more points to finish ahead of them.

Not looking great so far for the top3 rated FPO players. .will all of them miss the final ?

Other than in this thread I have not seen the format explained. Since this is different than every other tournament you would think DGPT.com would explain it somewhere.

Looks like Heimburg, Dickerson, Hannum and Jones. All four of which when hot can beat the best of the best when the best of the best are taking a rest.(building a nest,worried about a covid test, thinking about some strippers chest)
This is our future and it is mediocre until consistency adheres to their talent and ability.

Watched R2 today... felt for Philo. He struggled, but gave it his all. That roll after his tee shot hit the pedestal on 18 was obscenely rude.

Really glad to see KJ made it to Sunday.
Hard to be surprised at Dickerson and Heimburg are joining him. They've been in the thick of it all season.

Last edited:
Watching the GKPro FPO coverage.
Sounds like Luke Humphries joined Heather Young for the commentary, but he never introduced himself (not very professional)... so I'm just guessing.

Whomever he is, he just killed it for me. No excitement in that monotone voice, and so cliched.

Last edited:
Watching the GKPro FPO coverage.
Sounds like Luke Humphries joined Heather Young for the commentary, but he never introduced himself (not very professional)... so I'm just guessing.

Whomever he is, he just killed it for me. No excitement in that monotone voice, and so cliched.

The commentary was brutal. I ended up turning it off. The commentary was Humphries interviewing Young and she had no answers. Plus she has a weird staccato cadence to her speech that is awful for commentary.

The commentary was brutal. I ended up turning it off. The commentary was Humphries interviewing Young and she had no answers. Plus she has a weird staccato cadence to her speech that is awful for commentary.
Yeah, the whole thing was tough to listen to, but I didn't want to rag on Heather. She seems like a likeable person, even if commentary isn't her strongest skill.

But something about Luke Humphries just rubs my fur the wrong way. During the skins coverage, he just strikes me as kinda smarmy.

Dave's got Dustin Keegan... I got Luke Humphries.
:(

Last edited: