• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT Pro Tour Championship 2020

E was rated 1018! That's a hard course

No Paul, Eagle or Ricky on ESPN is that good for he sport?

E was rated 1018! That's a hard course

No Paul, Eagle or Ricky on ESPN is that good for he sport?

Maybe not, but I'm not sure it'll make that big a difference in the number of people who tune in to watch it. I think the important thing is whether the event is competitive and compelling, and the coverage provides a good feel for how the course plays.

Jamie Thomas looks like he forgot to shower, shave, etc. Not a good look for pro disc golf.

This has come up before but why does Catrina "get to" putt out of order in terms of being "out" after she misses a putt? Putting 4 times in a row I don't think helped her there. I guess her card mates are okay with her continuing to putt if the result is a 4 putt.

i dont even know what they are playing for tbh i meant it in the sense that worlds and usdgc seems like a big deal this just feels like another a tier

Neither of those are DGPT events. You are probably right about what does and does not feel like a "big deal." But kudos to the DGPT for creating a consistent, sustained tour. I'm happy to watch their "second tier" tour championship. It might not be second tier in 5 or 10 years and events can exist without being the most important.

i dont even know what they are playing for tbh i meant it in the sense that worlds and usdgc seems like a big deal this just feels like another a tier

The fact that FPO & MPO winners are playing for the same amount of money is absolutely enough to make this the premier event of the 2020 season. :clap:

If you follow the DGPT tour all year long, this is an awesome championship to close out the year. You can't just show up, pay to play and become "Worlds Champion" for instance.

Nice win Hailey . . but i wanted that "pro tour win CryZtal Fierce"

Paige threw that CryZtal Fierce on basicly every shot. . and you can´t buy it

Disclaimer--I've never played this course, so maybe TV is not doing it justice...

While I like the event, and think the format is fine (not every event needs the same format), I think the course itself focuses way too much on the ability (or lack thereof) to throw a perfectly (and I do mean perfectly) straight shot 400'. Yes, that is a skill a champion should have, but it just seems like many of the holes require a very similar perfect throw. And being pros, of course every one is going for birdie every time, which means lots of kicks.

IDK, I guess I feel for that kind of coin, every possible skill of a player needs tested. Seems the sport is locked in to the same courses every year for two of its three biggest payouts. This would tend to continue to reward the players whose skillset best matches that course. It also tends to neutralize, to some extent, great C2 putting, as trees come into play so often, that looks from 35'-65' are often obstructed. Seems this even moreso tends to highlight just the far, perfect laser throw.

Curious to see if anyone else (e.g. better skill level than me--wouldn't take much) has a different take?

Disclaimer--I've never played this course, so maybe TV is not doing it justice...

While I like the event, and think the format is fine (not every event needs the same format), I think the course itself focuses way too much on the ability (or lack thereof) to throw a perfectly (and I do mean perfectly) straight shot 400'. Yes, that is a skill a champion should have, but it just seems like many of the holes require a very similar perfect throw. And being pros, of course every one is going for birdie every time, which means lots of kicks.

IDK, I guess I feel for that kind of coin, every possible skill of a player needs tested. Seems the sport is locked in to the same courses every year for two of its three biggest payouts. This would tend to continue to reward the players whose skillset best matches that course. It also tends to neutralize, to some extent, great C2 putting, as trees come into play so often, that looks from 35'-65' are often obstructed. Seems this even moreso tends to highlight just the far, perfect laser throw.

Curious to see if anyone else (e.g. better skill level than me--wouldn't take much) has a different take?
A significant portion of that design influence comes from Stan McDaniel, the godfather of course design in Charlotte. Stan was known for laser straight roc shots during his reign at the top of elite level Masters and Grandmasters competition.