• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Diamond (in the rough?)

Just picked up a 155 Frost at a year end sale - someone said in the Frost thread that they were almost like light Rivers. Looking forward to tring it out, but your post adds to my anticipation. :clap:

I think that was me in the Frost thread. How's the Frost Diamond flying for you?

I think it was indeed - I haven't thrown it yet; wicked cold snap here, waiting for a balmy 20 degree day to try it, maybe next weekend.

Does anyone throw a blue opto? Just got one this week and love it! But it's not like the purple one I tried out. It is actually more stable will stand up and maybe in wind will turn 5-10-ft before having a good amount of LSS. The purple one I threw was a turning machine. Crazy amount of turn even on a steep hyzer. Was wondering if it was the color or just got a nice funky one?

Btw its 150ish. Don't have a scale and got it from PIAS.

Does anyone throw a blue opto? Just got one this week and love it! But it's not like the purple one I tried out. It is actually more stable will stand up and maybe in wind will turn 5-10-ft before having a good amount of LSS. The purple one I threw was a turning machine. Crazy amount of turn even on a steep hyzer. Was wondering if it was the color or just got a nice funky one?

Btw its 150ish. Don't have a scale and got it from PIAS.

Diamonds vary greatly in the PLH, and it does vary their stability greatly.

Anyone have two diamonds with different plus that they could take a pic of? Been looking for 3 weeks for another low plh Diamond and I feel like I'm just crossing my eyes to find it haha

So I have a retro Diamond that I had thrown and had a meh reaction that came to life today in a big way.

First, I started throwing it on short holes like a pitcher, plant foot, rear back and let it glide. Made some nice birdies today with it, on holes I thought the Colt was the answer.

Second, rollers. Damn, I made 2 sweet roller shots with it, one about 190', and got lucky with a tree hit that bounced under the basket, the second about 280' on a hole with a walloping locust that collects more discs than it misses and the Diamond just rolled on by and settled about 8 feet behind the basket.

It is much more understable than my trusty Opto, but I am suddenly a big fan of this disc.

They definitely have there place.
I just need to remember to use it then, and not do something else.
Oh hey, this would be a perfect time to toss something super flippy with tons of glide, around the corner then let it stand up and float in.
Or, I wish I had some room to move my arm more than half a throw.

Its my 16th wedding anniversary today, so i bought my wife some diamonds ;)
View attachment 46729

My wife is starting to get more interested in playing our short courses. She has been throwing an old Dx Leo I no longer use. I just bought her a Diamond. Can't wait to see her play with her own disc now.

Should I throw it some to beat it in a bit or just let her use take care of that?

Underworld will definitely go longer for me, and take more power. If you hyzer flip an Underworld it flattens out and bombs.

Diamond, even with a lot of hyzer, will still turn (The Opto less so). I just doesn't like a lot of power, and rewards finesse with some crazy glide.

Latest posts