• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf... at Night

I've seen it done, but never personally tried it. :thmbup:

It's, uh, REALLY cool when altered, if you catch my drift. ;)

The guys I saw doing it called it "crop-dusting" because if you do it correctly, and keep the liquid on top through the throw, and throw it down a tunnel shot, the glow liquid shoots off and coats the trees to a certain degree.

A couple of different colors mixed together is just sooo awesome. :cool:

You just like, blew my mind bro.

Yes, I saw that, probably start with a much smaller amount, 1-2oz and paint and just try the pole and basket. I found some people who will powder coat, but I'm sure it's outrageously expensive.

Well testing a smaller 1oz or 2oz is a lot cheaper, the powder coating is probably better because of the abuse from discs. I was thinking a private course or just someone's yard course with a couple baskets might be more in this realm. Obviously no city parks departments are going to want to pay for this. But allowing you to play into the night, especially here in Texas during the summer would be worth it to me. Perhaps a local DGA would do fundraisers to help a local public park or something. I'm just curious how well it works. Per the website it says it glows with full charge for about 12+ hours, more than enough to play until 10-11pm (most parks closing time around here).

So, for the second time in three months, my brother, friend and I went out and played disc golf at night, four rounds of 18 tonight.

I think we've got a pretty good setup. We have a rural course with solid teepads and Discraft baskets. This course only has one hole over 350, but each shot has some sort of obstacle. We haven't been bothered once at this course, and there isn't too much traffic.

Our setup includes lights for discs, one driver, one mid, one putter each. We also have push button lights, some LED, that we place on top of each basket. We don't use lights or glow sticks/bracelets for the teepads because of their proximity to the previous basket. One of us (or more) uses a head lamp for the rare occasion we can't find a disc, or the light falls off, which has only happened on rare occasions.

My question and reasoning for this thread is, does anybody else have tips or routines for night disc golf that may help out our community? Also, what type of course do you usually play at night? Our course is somewhat challenging, but the rural aspect I think is what makes our course ideal. I've played at Blue Ribbon Pines at night, and I didn't like it as much, because the holes are tight, pretty long, and you only usually have so many lights on discs.

We have a blast at night, there are no crowds, winds are down, etc. Although we've done this only twice, um, it is winter and we're in Minnesota. We're looking at making it a part of our routine.

Ham Lake?

Latest posts