• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf pants?

I'm trying to keep the barbed grass seeds out of my shoes and socks. They dig into the shoe lining and sometimes never come out.

Here is a link to the ones I bought from REI. Very lightweight and made for trail running and light snow. Can be worn with pants or shorts, I wouldn't use them if the snow is more than 2"-3", switch to boots or the knee high versions.

I'm a huge fan of gaiters... I've been wearing them for about 4 years now especially in the winter... they're also very, very helpful when going through thorns or tall grasses (with sticky briars and such)... also keeps ticks away pretty well

Huge value add to your gear to add a pair of gaiters. I use knee-high ones but I really like the ones FP posted too :thmbup:

Agreed. Think I may splurge and snag a knee high pair for next winter. The knee highs are very popular around here on the courses in the wintertime. This winter my low gaiters worked great, but the previous winter with deep snow they would have been less effective.

I think I may try the gators for this coming winter if I play enough snow disc. As for this spring, summer and fall I may go with the convertible suggestion. I'll have to stop at EMS and see what they have, or Sams Outdoor Outfitters.

I have a pair of Timberland Ripstop cargo pants that are lightweight and dont restrict movement at all. Thats essentially what I want in waterproof/resistant material. (Timberland has since discontinued these). I may try tactical outfitters like 5.11 or Propper, or Blackhawk. A lot of those pants are similar material, extremely comfortable, I just dont know about the water repellent factor

Eastern Mountain Sports convertible pants and shorts. They usually have good sales if you check consistently on the site and the gear last.

http://www.ems.com/

Prana Brion when it's warm. Carharrt double fronts most of the year. Nike Golf pants (they're affordable on eBay) goes over whatever is underneath when it is really pouring - those live in my trunk year round.

Prana Brion when it's warm. Carharrt double fronts most of the year. Nike Golf pants (they're affordable on eBay) goes over whatever is underneath when it is really pouring - those live in my trunk year round.

I tried wearing my Carhartt work pants - not with the intention of wearing for disc golf, but played a round after doing some work at a buddies house. They're comforable enough but they felt a little heavy hiking around the woods in the summer with them.

I picked up some btu's from the army surplus store. not exactly waterproof but have not failed me in real rainy conditions. They do pickup water but not as bad as one would think

I picked up some btu's from the army surplus store. not exactly waterproof but have not failed me in real rainy conditions. They do pickup water but not as bad as one would think

Not BDUs, but my 5.11 Taclite Pro pants are the ripstop fabric. They arent sponges like my gym pants or jeans. They're not waterproof but they're stain and moisture resistance. The water seems to bead off a bit. It takes quite a bit of rain to get these to actually feel damp. I'll probably stick with these. If its down pouring I'm probably not playing honestly. If it was a tournament thats one thing, but casual rounds can wait lol .

Has anyone else tried Fjall Raven pants for disc golf?
https://www.fjallraven.us/collections/womens-pants
https://www.fjallraven.us/collections/mens-pants

They're pretty expensive but they hold up incredibly well, and they are feature rich for DGers.

water resistant, and pretty much water proof if you're take the time to apply the greenland wax. reinforced knees, Kebs have gaiters/shorts conversion, and the g1000 fabric is dense enough to be mosquito proof, and thorn resistant even where its not reinforced. The Vida and Keb pants (the two styles Im familiar with) also have kindof a camel back shape to the knee that reduces resistance when walking (or hiking, running, x-stepping, etc). lots of giant pockets in places that dont impact your movement that button AND zip.

I've had a couple pair that I've worn discing for a year now and they are the most comfortable and functional pants I've ever worn on the course.

If its pouring I'll put on some light weight Columbia polyester rain proof slicks, but for anything else the fjall ravens are freaking awesome. definitely find them on sale though!

I use the Gander Mountain Guide Series convertible hiking pants, $25.00 on sale I think normally $35.00. They're 100% nylon tight woven lightweight with a factory durable water-repellant finish. I have been using them for 3 years no rips still looking new. The key to keeping the water-repellant finish is not to use laundry detergent or fabric softener instead use the sport wash found at WalMart in the hunting clothes aisle. After 9 washings with sport wash time to reproof using Nikwax wash in water repellent found online or Cabellas just pour in two caps fills into washing machine with up to three pairs of hiking pants take out of washer and dry on low for 30 minuets good for another 9 washings. Breathable and highly water resistant.

Not BDUs, but my 5.11 Taclite Pro pants are the ripstop fabric. They arent sponges like my gym pants or jeans. They're not waterproof but they're stain and moisture resistance. The water seems to bead off a bit. It takes quite a bit of rain to get these to actually feel damp...

Agreed. I wear the EMT version, more pockets than can ever be utilized. :thmbup:

I think any activewear pants are gonna be fine. I've had REI,Patagonia,North Face pants and all were fine. My favorites now are North Face Paramount - they are perfect for spring or fall, or even winter if you put a layer underneath