• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf rake!

I see where this is going...

Happy Hallowe'en!

Haunted-Landfill-Garbage-Garage1.jpg

I like hanging out near the basket on blind holes. When I see a disc on the ground and no owner nearby, I just assume that the original owner has given up on the disc and I happily add it to my ever growing pile of junk in my trunk.

I generally refer kids to their parents for the value clarification on right and wrong. Though, I am convinced the fine folks here will gladly fill in for them russ.

I like hanging out near the basket on blind holes. When I see a disc on the ground and no owner nearby, I just assume that the original owner has given up on the disc and I happily add it to my ever growing pile of junk in my trunk.

You eat your found discs?

Just throw a Wahoo you silly geese..BTW, anyone ever try out one of those triangle shape drag retrievals? I saw them at play it again for $29. looked easy to carry in a bag, pretty small.

Just throw a Wahoo you silly geese..BTW, anyone ever try out one of those triangle shape drag retrievals? I saw them at play it again for $29. looked easy to carry in a bag, pretty small.

Was wondering the same, they seem like they would either pull the disc out or dig it in deeper.

This?
http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=461
Never seen one used. Looks like it would work alright. You'd probably have to make it on the first try though. Once the mud gets stirred up on the bottom you cant see anything for a while.

view_image.php

The guy that live next to this hole uses an old TV attenna on a rope and retrieves about 10 disc a/week

Last edited:
Eric I actually call the numbers on the back lol so I wouldnt call those stolen. I got a free six pack last week for returning 2 discs to the same guy. I do keep and sell the ones with no names or numbers though.

I don't play near wide open water on a regular basis yet but seems small enough to put in the trunk for road trips...and i make it a point to play water hazard courses when i travel since i don't have many here.

Golden Retriever gets a bunch of use. It works great when you can see your disc. If I can't see my disc I don't even bother unless I know exactly where it went in.

Golden Retriever gets a bunch of use. It works great when you can see your disc. If I can't see my disc I don't even bother unless I know exactly where it went in.

I've had some luck with a Golden Retriever, even when I couldn't see the disc, if I had a rough guess where it might be and enough time to make 20 or 30 tries.

But you need a smooth-bottomed pond.

We've graduated to a "pond rake"---a big triangular metal contraption---so I don't use the retriever much anymore.