• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Highest player ratings ever documented (aka DGV Hall of Fame)

picture.php

This has probably been answered already, but do only pro tour rounds count for rating, or do multis count as well?

In 902 I have had a few putts go straight through the chains and some other weird spit outs but I am not good enough to know how much is the game and how much is my putt.

Haha. That's true. Apart from the 1 or 2 really funky spitouts, I did have 1 or 2 go through the chains, particularly weak side. But they weren't particularly good putts.

Highest player ratings ever documented (aka DGV Hall of Fame)

picture.php

I approve wholeheartedly of this list for entirely selfish, egotistical reasons ;)

Good work putting it together!

If you happen to be free around midday next Tuesday we're running another competition which should hopefully be our biggest yet with a win your own Disc Golf Valley bag giveaway - 6 DGV discs (Ballista, Pure, Dagger, Explorer and Musket and a DGUK bag to carry them in. It was fun last night and great to have a few from the US playing and representing well, GrdGuJosh from the list took second!

Just got an accurate and sticky Pure. So far I am not really that impressed. I am going to going to give it a chance but I don't know if it will make the bag.

The sticky/accurate Pure is in the bag and I removed the glide/accurate Pure. I have now had a few putts that stuck that probably wouldn't have without the stickiness. It has also helped to keep the disc a little closer to the basket on approaches and drives since it doesn't slide as far. So I think it might be better for me but I do miss the extra glide on a few of the shorter tee shots.

The sticky/accurate Pure is in the bag and I removed the glide/accurate Pure. I have now had a few putts that stuck that probably wouldn't have without the stickiness. It has also helped to keep the disc a little closer to the basket on approaches and drives since it doesn't slide as far. So I think it might be better for me but I do miss the extra glide on a few of the shorter tee shots.

Exactly my experience
I just run the Fuse at those old Pure holes instead

I added a glide/sticky Pure to the bag the other day. I know all of the top players say you need accurate, but all of the top players also pull back and release so fast that the disc doesn't get wobbly. So I'm not sure how necessary the accurate attribute is on a putter (which is the dumbest sounding sentence I've used in a while). I've had a couple of longer shots in wind where the accuracy has seemed questionable, but the stickiness has saved me in those cases too. The worst that's happened is that I've overshot something because I haven't adjusted to the glide again yet. I at least think the disc is worth trying if you have one. I'm going to bag it for a while and see how it affects my scores.

I know all of the top players say you need accurate, but all of the top players also pull back and release so fast that the disc doesn't get wobbly.

I didn't realize that the quicker you make a shot the more accurate it is. But it would explain some of the crazy shanks I have had. I guess I need to stop holding shots so long.

but all of the top players also pull back and release so fast that the disc doesn't get wobbly.

Wait, what? I had no idea this was a thing. I did figure out that letting the reticule drift left creates a flexier line with some anny, but I was always under the impression that the wobble was just variance we had no control over.

Exactly my experience
I just run the Fuse at those old Pure holes instead

I've found that my Fuse on a forehand goes a pretty similar distance as the glidey Pure does on backhand. And with them both being such straight flying discs, the shot shape really isn't that much different BH vs FH.

Can anyone confirm if this is legit? I'll test it later after work.

If it's true, how fast do you have to release? I have been holding down all my shots for a few seconds while I work out what angle/power to throw.

I've never noticed a difference! Now I'm wondering if I missed something

I'm no expert. I read somewhere that "accurate" means there's less wobble on the pull, and I also heard someone say that the best players just pull back and go. I've seen it on some of their videos, so I know that part's true. I just put the two together in my head and figured they were related I guess.

I've never noticed a difference! Now I'm wondering if I missed something

I started going for pull and go after watching David Sallee doing it last year on sme of his videos. I think it gives me a more repeatable shot each time. When I hold it back it tends to fly a bit more random. This however has not been scientifically studied!

Hi all!

During lockdown we've been running a weekly Tuesday Disc Golf Valley tournament streamed live on our Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/discgolfcoursesuk/

These have been great fun and seen players from all over the world involved.

Harry Messenger the brains behind the streaming has improved it week on week and we're happy with what we are doing now so this Tuesday we're going again but this time are running a fantastic tournament to go with it!

Just by playing you can win your own Disc Golf Valley bag! all you have to do is Like and Follow our page Disc Golf UK and sign up to play on the form below.

It kicks off at 7.45 BST on Tuesday 19th May and everyone will play at least 4 games. It should all be over in about 2 hours. You'll need to be playing to register for the competition and we will do the winner draw live at some point during the night. We will ship to anywhere in the world.

Come and join us this Tuesday for Tuesday night in the Valley!

Please share for anyone you think might be interested.

https://docs.google.com/…/1FAIpQLSd9i2uf3vBk1D4Am…/viewform…

Registered Players will be loaded into the table - https://docs.google.com/…/1xvkhGyr2aNyBbAY00RFJi9hJfn…/edit…

Currently capped at 64 players so signup soon!