• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Disc inconsistencies

Disc inconsistencies are just a part of the game. :shrugsmiley:

It's my least favorite part of dg, but I've learned to live with it.

I wouldnt have a major problem with disc inconsistency if availability was better.

If there were lots of local stores with good prices and selection of Trilogy and Prodigy, (or anything but Innova which is plentiful) then I wouldnt have any problem with inconsistency.

I dont mind sifting through the bins to find the PLH and dome that I want. Of those with the right shape, I'm going to pick the coolest looking / easiest to find in the brush disc that I can find.

The inconsistency bothers me when I order online and when I cant find a big enough selection to find a mold that fits what I'm looking for.

On that note, PM me if you have stable, high PLH, domey VIP Kings. Any weights. Or if you happen to have picked up any of those 2014 King Putt / Pyramid Open VIP Kings from Marshall St. and want rid of some... I'm your guy.

The inconsistency bothers me when I order online and when I cant find a big enough selection to find a mold that fits what I'm looking for.

Thats exactly my problem. Even if the stores have really good service, they can´t know what im looking for. (they won´t figure the plh and dome height out by a picture of my disc)

Disc inconsistencies are like crosswinds: You know they're out there, you know the flight of the disc is going to be affected, but it might actually be a good thing. Buy em light and buy em bright.

The small manufactures. The smaller the company, the more infrequent the runs and the less variation from disc to disc.

I agree with this, 100%. Skyquest discs is a perfect example, IMO. They only make 3 molds, but Every disc from the same mold flies the same.