• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discbeeper

gcoghill

Birdie Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Http://www.discbeeper.com

From the site:

"Disc Beeper is an electronic device that is centrally placed underneath a Disc or Frisbee that allows players to easily find their Disc or Frisbee especially during the sport "Disc Golf." This device only weighs 6 grams and shows absolutely no noticeable effect on disc flight. Disc Beeper also has a waterproof design. It has 3 distinct modes that allows up to 3 players to play at once. Disc Beeper has a push-button to turn it on requiring 550 grams of force to engage. Once the Disc Beeper is turned on, there is a 45 second delay to allow launch and attempted retrieval, allowing the user to throw it and will beep every 3 seconds until you turn it off. Disc Beeper is rechargeable via included micro usb cord. It holds up to 7-8 hours under 1 charge of 1 hour."

On their Facebook page they said available in July. No word on pricing.

I've been following them on twitter to get more info as it comes out. I think it's a cool concept but at six grams I would only want to use it on my lighter drivers I think. Certainly wouldn't need it for every shot but if there is a chance it's going in some dense brush it would be worth the cost.

It's waterproof so even though I can't see my disc in the middle of a pond I'll still be able to hear it :D
Great concept, I can pay for my own lost disc to tease me :p

But in all seriousness its a cool idea its just not likely to catch on.

It's waterproof so even though I can't see my disc in the middle of a pond I'll still be able to hear it :D
Great concept, I can pay for my own lost disc to tease me :p

But in all seriousness its a cool idea its just not likely to catch on.

I'm not so sure about that. They are followed by the pros on twitter and many retailers already. They are doing a good job of initial marketing and if they don't wait too long to hit the market I think they'll catch on. I would certainly spend ten bucks on a pair of these before buying another golden retriever. If you can hear where it's coming from under water you may be able to get it with a retriever or at least get your disc if you dive for it. I'm just thinking of those discs I lose in heavy brush near dusk and I've looked for thirty minutes already. With one of these it would take seconds to find. If they work as advertised of course...that will be the kicker.

What's a "band aid light"?

And yeah, this would be something to add to the disc when there's a big risk of losing it. Not all the time.

I'm skeptical of those thinking it'll help in water, if it's submerged I don't think you'd hear it. It sounds like a cool thing for courses with tall grass or thick brush.

Will they fit on my new Flickers? I have found that with their insane 70ft range when I am trying the RIIISSSEEERRR or the CUUUURRRVVVVEEEEE, it is very easy to lose them in my den.

I've been following them on twitter to get more info as it comes out. I think it's a cool concept but at six grams I would only want to use it on my lighter drivers I think. Certainly wouldn't need it for every shot but if there is a chance it's going in some dense brush it would be worth the cost.

It would make more of a difference on lighter drivers. The percentage of the beeper's weight to the disc's weight is larger on the lighter discs. Drop that percentage down a bit and you will have less of an effect.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR you could just watch your disc the entire flight and take note of where it landed. :doh:

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR you could just watch your disc the entire flight and take note of where it landed. :doh:

Can't believe you've never thrown a disc, watched it land, walk to the exact spot and then have to search for 20 minutes ;) My discs always seem to end up in the Twilight Zone given half a chance.

Might come in handy although may not be legal in tourney play... Just lost my pearly teebird yesterday and am still grumbling about it.

Not-sure-if-company-has-genius-idea-or-is-just-trying-to-sell-snake-oil.jpg

Latest posts