• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

Rediscovered my c fd and it is AWESOME. Straight as anything without being flippy. I can't begin to say how much this one disc has changed my game. A very versatile disc.

However, the color glow FD that I have is really underwhelming. Very understable and not nearly as predictable as my normal run C line FD.

I'm sure this has been asked, but - difference between FD's and Leopard3's? Considering trying some FD's to contend with my Leo's. More/less glide? Straighter out of the box?

I haven't thrown the leo3 but I think of the FD as more of a nice beat in Teebird than a Leo.

The S-line showcases that the best I think. C-Lines seem a little les stable out of the box.

I haven't thrown the leo3 but I think of the FD as more of a nice beat in Teebird than a Leo.

The S-line showcases that the best I think. C-Lines seem a little les stable out of the box.

FD's beat in to great turnover drivers, I imagine. Probs gonna try a couple S lines.

A new C FD (no idea on run) seems glideless and not very workable, seems slower than a TL. Will it get better?

A new Nate Perkins glow FD on the other hand presents me with great glide and control, holding angles magically...

A new C FD (no idea on run) seems glideless and not very workable, seems slower than a TL. Will it get better?

A new Nate Perkins glow FD on the other hand presents me with great glide and control, holding angles magically...

Post a picture of it. Doesn't sound like any FD I've ever thrown. I probably own about a dozen of them across many different runs too.

What is the deal with only max weight S Lines? I have some mid 160's I like but starting to fear throwing them all the time if they aren't making them.

What's wrong with the max weight ones?

Even Barry Schultz says he believes drivers fly better in the 170ish range, 3-4 grams below max weight. I agree with him, although there isn't a large margin of difference. I was a little salty I couldn't find a couple 170-172 night strikes or S-lines though..

Picked up a couple 175 Night Strikes though! So pumped.

I don't know about FDs, but w well known (former) innova sponsored player explained to me that 168g Aviars are much more overstable than 175g due to the injection process. From what he said, only 168 grams in material could be injected the first time. The second time added to final 7 or so grams and this final addition affected the flight. I tried 168g discs and it's true for me.

I'm sure this has been asked, but - difference between FD's and Leopard3's? Considering trying some FD's to contend with my Leo's. More/less glide? Straighter out of the box?

The FD and the Leo3 are very similar for me. Maybe the glide on the Leo3 is a hair better, but they're mostly redundant.

Pretty sure Discmania lost the recipe for discs under 175g, at least for FDs and PDs. Scored a like new 170g S-FD in a used bin the other day, so I have 2 fresh and 2 kinda beat in the 170 range.

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Pretty sure Discmania lost the recipe for discs under 175g, at least for FDs and PDs. Scored a like new 170g S-FD in a used bin the other day, so I have 2 fresh and 2 kinda beat in the 170 range.

The heart wants what the heart wants.

I've got an S-line FD at 167g and one at 175g. I've got two C-line FDs in the 160s, but they're F2s. And my D-line FD is 170g. So they're out there. The biggest problem is when the only ones left on the online site are in the 150s...

My noodle arm gets them to 250-260 ft. on average, depending on conditions, on a (near)-full-power throw. Less distance but with more accuracy in the woods when powering down some.

So both are probably fairly stable for you then? I'm comfortable throwing the FD out to 350 in the woods. They shape lines so beautifully. Just enough fade to prevent squirrelly behavior and they glide for days. Teebird like glide. I don't believe any "3" disc will glide this much.

So both are probably fairly stable for you then? I'm comfortable throwing the FD out to 350 in the woods. They shape lines so beautifully. Just enough fade to prevent squirrelly behavior and they glide for days. Teebird like glide. I don't believe any "3" disc will glide this much.

Good to hear. 350-375ish is where I get my Leo3's out to. 400 if I really get on it. I can't wait to try my Night Strikes after you mentioned "Teebird glide".. hoowee mama I love me some Teebird glide..

Hurry up mailman!

Latest posts