• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

Not especially... I got a pink and an aqua and both are middle-of-the-road dome wise. Not enough to say it's "domey" but enough to say it's not flat. I have a red DM Oreo-stamped S-line from a couple years ago and the dome is about the same. Not sure if that helps since I don't know what run it was.

Thanks, might have to get one. Kinda pricey when DGC wants $24, hope Nate Perkins is a decent dude.

Thanks, might have to get one. Kinda pricey when DGC wants $24, hope Nate Perkins is a decent dude.

He is. Infinite has them for $23 and DGC ahs them for $24 if that helps

Haha, just saw you were talking about DGC. Thought you meant discmania (their shipping is expensive)

Last edited:
Not especially... I got a pink and an aqua and both are middle-of-the-road dome wise. Not enough to say it's "domey" but enough to say it's not flat. I have a red DM Oreo-stamped S-line from a couple years ago and the dome is about the same. Not sure if that helps since I don't know what run it was.

I think that was my fault for my lack of reading comprehension.

Got a P-FD last weekend from a player's pack. I'm guessing this would compete with my Thief to live between my flippy Rivers and straight Volts?

Took my new run S-FD out today. It's a max-weight, champy-star yellow with the slightly see through flight plate. The dome and profile is identical to my 3rd run C-FDs, very mild across the shoulder. Surprisingly, the flight has quite a bit of high speed turn to it. For me it will pop up and over from a mild hyzer, which is something most of my FDs won't do, it then goes into a fairly normal FD fade. The real stand-out though, is that it is super crazy glidey! Even more than my oldest S-line Jackal from when they first came out. I'm still making up my mind, but I'll be curious to see what others have to say about the flights on the new run.

Took my new run S-FD out today. It's a max-weight, champy-star yellow with the slightly see through flight plate. The dome and profile is identical to my 3rd run C-FDs, very mild across the shoulder. Surprisingly, the flight has quite a bit of high speed turn to it. For me it will pop up and over from a mild hyzer, which is something most of my FDs won't do, it then goes into a fairly normal FD fade. The real stand-out though, is that it is super crazy glidey! Even more than my oldest S-line Jackal from when they first came out. I'm still making up my mind, but I'll be curious to see what others have to say about the flights on the new run.

My S-Line doesn't really flip up either, I'm hoping my p line will get there, but I want one of these now too!

Got out my champ blue sixth runs. They are max weight and straight. Ideal, as I was trying to find the most stable run (that was available at the time).

Currently, I'm looking for a hint more turn. Trying to find that perfect tweener disc that will help with those tight slight turning fairways in the woods.

Anyone know how the s lines are flying?

For my arm, the GFDs seem to fly as you describe with a slight turn and fade. There's a good chance you would prefer S, as they seem to fly more stable off the shelf IME.

One FD that has evaded my grasp is the PFD - I would like to get a hold of a couple to cycle into a flippy slot above a DFD and below the premium plastics. Has anyone beat up a GFD and can comment on its lifecycle vs the lower plastics?

Has anyone beat up a GFD and can comment on its lifecycle vs the lower plastics?
Up until recently I had a 1st run G-FD in my bag that was considerably broken in and it served as my consistent turnover disc. Could hyzerflip it for a straight to anny fade or just throw it flat for anhyzer shots that would hold all the way through the flight. Unfortunately I lost it so now I'm throwing a P-FD in its place which flies similar, if not with a little more fade (which I'm hoping will beat out soon).

I have an upper 160s g fd that I like for turnovers and had always wondered about p fds also. Seemed kinda interchangeable since the p fds weresupposedly gummy. Ordered some custom stamped ones got a tournament and there must be a new batch. The ones I received were firmer plastic.

I've been busy and haven't thrown much the last week or two but wanna throw one next to my g line.

Has anyone beat up a GFD and can comment on its lifecycle vs the lower plastics?

I have a pair of G-FDs that have each gotten a few dozen spring-time rounds and they both are barely usable for me in summer now. They are straight ROLLERS. Even with a significant hyzer release, they still flip over heavily and barely flatten back out before hitting the ground on a ~350' sweeping flex shot. (unintentional flex)

I have an upper 160s g fd that I like for turnovers and had always wondered about p fds also. Seemed kinda interchangeable since the p fds weresupposedly gummy. Ordered some custom stamped ones got a tournament and there must be a new batch. The ones I received were firmer plastic.

I've been busy and haven't thrown much the last week or two but wanna throw one next to my g line.

Right on, I would not want to risk picking some up and ending up with a gummy run - not a fan.

I'd have to lean on my Gs for a bit and see how that does. Right off the bat they have more of an S flight than any of my other FDs which is nice.

Got my first FD. 168g C-Line. Feels nice. Has a nice dome that seems nice and squishy. Can't wait to take it out and compare to a Z-Mantis, would be fighting for the same spot in my bag. Hoping for slight turn and beautiful forward fade. The Mantis didn't do anything poorly for me, but it's the first I've seen a discmania disc in a non max weight - so I had to get it :cool:

I'm sure this has been asked, but - difference between FD's and Leopard3's? Considering trying some FD's to contend with my Leo's. More/less glide? Straighter out of the box?

I'm sure this has been asked, but - difference between FD's and Leopard3's? Considering trying some FD's to contend with my Leo's. More/less glide? Straighter out of the box?

I've thrown a few S-FDs, and one Star Leopard3. I found the Leo3 to be slightly more overstable. Other than that they seemed pretty similar to me.

Latest posts