• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

DM too busy pumping out premium glamour stamps to actually bother with their core molds.

:|:|:|:|

Have you checked the DM questions thread in like the past two years?

It's just a wild list of people asking for stuff (plastic/mold combos that actually make sense) and DM responding maybe, not yet, and we'll see.

What a joke.

Unfortunately that's a growing pain when your business picks up and you rely on somebody else to produce your discs. Not necessarily a bad thing (because demand has grown that much), but probably isn't always a easy fix.

Pure speculation on my behalf, but I'd expect to see those kind of stock issues go away this year seeing how DM is handling their own distribution now.

How much spare capacity does Innova really have these days when they are producing for so many companies .... Innova, Millenium, Discmania, Hyzerbomb, Infinite, Guru ... I'm sure I have forgotten somebody else.

How much spare capacity does Innova really have these days when they are producing for so many companies .... Innova, Millenium, Discmania, Hyzerbomb, Infinite, Guru ... I'm sure I have forgotten somebody else.

they dont, but the money keeps coming so they dont care

quality? lolz forget that. its quantity these days!

FDs has been a part of my bag pretty much since I started playing. I have been using sFDs, I don't have a single c-line. I recently removed Teebirds from my bag, but I'm kind of missing a mellow Teebird as the step from a fresh sFD to a fresh Spark is quite steep, the Spark flies essentially like a Brinster Teebird. I'm considering adding cFDs to fill in this hole. How would you characterize the flight of the cFD compared to the sFD? My store has some Luster cFDs with a bottom stamp which looks quite good, but how do they fly compared to sFDs and stock cFDs?
I grabbed a cFD today. It has a slightly taller PLH than my sFDs and it showed when I field tested it. It flew with no real turn, and a late moderate to gentle fade. It flew very similar to a fresh g* Teebird. Seems like the exact disc that I wanted yay. It was pretty cold today and I havent really thrown plastic since November. My form was really bad and I didn't have my old sFDs with me to the field so I couldnt compare them back to back

I grabbed a cFD today. It has a slightly taller PLH than my sFDs and it showed when I field tested it. It flew with no real turn, and a late moderate to gentle fade. It flew very similar to a fresh g* Teebird. Seems like the exact disc that I wanted yay. It was pretty cold today and I havent really thrown plastic since November. My form was really bad and I didn't have my old sFDs with me to the field so I couldnt compare them back to back

Was there a noticeable difference in distance between the gstar tb and cfd?

Nice, I imagine the main difference will show when you start the C-FD on an anny. I think it would hold the wing down for longer/easier than even a Gstar Teebird. But you can definitely mimic the straight tunnel lines of a mild Teebird with a more stable FD.

I only had an Explorer, the cFD and a recycled Spark, all completely fresh so I couldn't really compare it against sFDs and the g* Teebird. I'll do a more thorough test at a later time when it gets a little bit warmer outside, its still below freezing here, its forecast down to -15c this weekend, but its going to heat up again after that. I'll bring out all my fairway drivers, can't wait

Last edited:
Been bagging a kinda beat S FD for some time, love it for hyzer flips, straight tunnels etc. Decided to add a fresh C line and it's a sweet compliment to the S line. S line is about -2/1 and the C line about -.50/1.50, both around 170g.

FDs and PDs could cover the vast majority of my fairway/control needs..........if I could count on Discmania to have a regular supply of the various plastics available on these highly popular discs.

I have played a few rounds now and I found out that the cFD isn't really a g* Teebird. It's really similar to the sFD, unsurprisingly. On a very gentle hyzer release it flips flat and just goes straight on a tight rope. On anhyzers it doesn't fight out, it holds the turnover for the majority of its flight. I guess I need to put a Teebird back in my bag until I have beat up one of my Sparks a little bit more. My recycled Spark still has a lot of overstability in it

Been bagging a kinda beat S FD for some time, love it for hyzer flips, straight tunnels etc. Decided to add a fresh C line and it's a sweet compliment to the S line. S line is about -2/1 and the C line about -.50/1.50, both around 170g.

FDs and PDs could cover the vast majority of my fairway/control needs..........if I could count on Discmania to have a regular supply of the various plastics available on these highly popular discs.
Same here, bag and s line and a c line and I'm in the same boat. :clap:

Nate Perkins Signature Color Glow C-FD is out! A godsent for those of us who missed out on the Color Glow FDs from the mystery boxes!

I would love to pick one up, but really don't want to spend $26 shipped for one disc. Wish they would make the color glow a stock run for a couple extra dollars.

I like discmania discs, but they need to check reality with their special disc pricing. I'd love to bag one of these Perkins FD's or the color Eagle MD3's, but I'm not paying over $20 for any disc.

I like discmania discs, but they need to check reality with their special disc pricing. I'd love to bag one of these Perkins FD's or the color Eagle MD3's, but I'm not paying over $20 for any disc.

It's a fundraiser disc. You're paying extra because some of the money goes straight to Nate. They're the same price as any other Innova tour series disc in champion glow plastic.

It's a fundraiser disc. You're paying extra because some of the money goes straight to Nate. They're the same price as any other Innova tour series disc in champion glow plastic.

No they aren't the same price. Sexton firebirds from Innova are $19.99. I just ordered 4 Philo Destroyers and they were $19.99. These discs support tour players without being outrageous.

Discmania is charging $23-$25 a disc for their tour stuff. It's just too rich for me.

Innova also gives you free shipping over $75. 4 philo destroyers cost me $80 shipped. 4 Perkins FD's would be $103 shipped. Do you think Nate gets $23 more than Philo for the same 4 discs? I doubt it