• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

I'll throw a G-FD in the bag when I need something that I can easily hyzerflip to stay straight, put on an anny and trust it's not going to fade out at all, or throw flat and get reliable late turn out of it.

To me, P-lines and G-lines are interchangeable.

I'll throw a G-FD in the bag when I need something that I can easily hyzerflip to stay straight, put on an anny and trust it's not going to fade out at all, or throw flat and get reliable late turn out of it.

I've got a Leopard or two for that spot...was looking for something Leo length but dead straight. Was looking at the River or the FD for this spot and while the Gold and Opto lines in the River are readily available I'm not finding many of the FDs in any plastic except the G.

I appreciate your input!

TripleB

I've got a Leopard or two for that spot...was looking for something Leo length but dead straight. Was looking at the River or the FD for this spot and while the Gold and Opto lines in the River are readily available I'm not finding many of the FDs in any plastic except the G.

I appreciate your input!

TripleB

If you can find an S-FD that should work well. At 280-310'ish they should be like a -1/1 flight, very neutral. An FD around 300' should fly like a mild Teebird thrown 375+ generally. The River is a bit more glidey but much more finicky, I think the FD is an easier to throw disc overall. The FD just doesn't do wacky stuff pretty much ever.

I appreciate your input!

TripleB

Leopard... spot... I saw what you did there.

Seriously, I agree with slowplastic that the S-FD will work for ya. Rivers tend to get more understable as they (relatively quickly) season in.

Keep searching for FDs; an S-Line or two will show up. You can also check the Innova Proshop for FDs and Factory Second FDs.

I appreciate your input!

TripleB

Check Infinite Discs. As long as you don't mind X-Outs they have almost 30 S-FDs with about 20 of them 170+. They also have a bunch of C-FDs. If you want one that is more 0,1.5 at your distance.

How much of a difference is there between a flat or a domey s fd?

i rarely see flat sfd. the domey are much more prevalent around my neck of the woods, and just feels so gross in the hand if you flick ever. the domey flies pretty great bh though. its a huge bubble dome and not a baby dome.

I appreciate your input!

TripleB

I've found the G FD in similar weight as the GStar Leopard (171ish g) to fly with more lateral movement. The leo flies very straight for me with very little turn and fade. The FD on the other hand flips up a little and fades a little bit more, also the FD is longer and glidier.

A flat FD... hmmm.... Well, we can't call it the FD3 (!) but it might be interesting if they came out with a true 3-series-ish flat-top FD... :popcorn:

Picked up a flat, pearly blue Legacy Pinnacle Patriot used today. I love Legacy plastic and will test it soon. Might be breaking up with my elusive mistress, S-FD, in the near future.

or you know...consistent molding..

Yes, but I meant a deliberately molded new disc, a "3-series" treatment of the FD like the Mako3 is to the Mako. (The TL3 is not a real "3-series" disc, IMHO. Can't speak for the Teebird3 yet.). That would be interesting to me...

Anyhoo, the S-FD is an awesome disc for me in my bag.

FDs has been a part of my bag pretty much since I started playing. I have been using sFDs, I don't have a single c-line. I recently removed Teebirds from my bag, but I'm kind of missing a mellow Teebird as the step from a fresh sFD to a fresh Spark is quite steep, the Spark flies essentially like a Brinster Teebird. I'm considering adding cFDs to fill in this hole. How would you characterize the flight of the cFD compared to the sFD? My store has some Luster cFDs with a bottom stamp which looks quite good, but how do they fly compared to sFDs and stock cFDs?

FDs has been a part of my bag pretty much since I started playing. I have been using sFDs, I don't have a single c-line. I recently removed Teebirds from my bag, but I'm kind of missing a mellow Teebird as the step from a fresh sFD to a fresh Spark is quite steep, the Spark flies essentially like a Brinster Teebird. I'm considering adding cFDs to fill in this hole. How would you characterize the flight of the cFD compared to the sFD? My store has some Luster cFDs with a bottom stamp which looks quite good, but how do they fly compared to sFDs and stock cFDs?

I have two Factory Second C-Line FDs. They fly pretty much like a fresh S-Line FD, and true to the flight numbers; IOW I did find them to be more OS, but they won't season in as quickly as an S-Line. These were regular C-line plastic; I don't know how the Luster will do, comparatively.

I would lean a little more to the TL than C-FD in this case. The TL is a bit closer to the Teebird/has firmer HSS than the C-FD. I think the C-FD will show more turn than the TL the harder you throw, although the TL will fly like -1/1 when you throw quite hard. I have never owned either but have thrown several of both, although not the Luster plastic. Both should be a bit more stable than S-FD, but neither will have as much fade as a Teebird or be as firmly HSS.

I would lean a little more to the TL than C-FD in this case. The TL is a bit closer to the Teebird/has firmer HSS than the C-FD. I think the C-FD will show more turn than the TL the harder you throw, although the TL will fly like -1/1 when you throw quite hard. I have never owned either but have thrown several of both, although not the Luster plastic. Both should be a bit more stable than S-FD, but neither will have as much fade as a Teebird or be as firmly HSS.

Hmm okay. I might as well use Teebirds rather than TLs. I just wanted to keep the amount of molds in my bag to a minimum .... I guess cFDs are not quite what I'm looking for. I guess I gotta beat up some Sparks

Heads up - infinite has a bunch of X-out SFDs. I called and asked about the X-out CFDs and the one I ordered apparently just had some black flecks. The reason I mention this is that I typically avoid X-outs that have only the F2 stamp on them and no stamp underneath, as I would prefer to buy misprints over discs rejected for defects in the plastic.

I keep hearing SFDs are in short supply, so there ya go.

I imagine this is because the FD is such a popular disc in Europe, and not some other reason?

They haven't had any on their factory site in many months, outside of orange 175g or some in the 150's. None in the 5 shops I've checked in Okla either. Vague assurances on the ask DM thread.

Latest posts