• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

Not sure. It was just purchased from Marshal St, but I don't know how long it's been on their shelf.

The disc is quite flat.
Sounds like 2nd run fd.. look at the rim against a light, if there's small bubbles in the rim then it's 2nd run FD which are pretty beefy.

Sounds like 2nd run fd.. look at the rim against a light, if there's small bubbles in the rim then it's 2nd run FD which are pretty beefy.

Yep, there are bubbles all the way around the outer rim when held to the light. Flat as a board as well. No real point in having this in the bag along with the star Teebirds.

Are there other runs that would be a bit less stable or have a bit less fade?

Yep, there are bubbles all the way around the outer rim when held to the light. Flat as a board as well. No real point in having this in the bag along with the star Teebirds.

Are there other runs that would be a bit less stable or have a bit less fade?

The new Jolly Launcher 3rd Run ones on the store.discmania.net website are less overstable and super straight fliers.

Third run would be good, or an S line would also work if you like a little more glide.

Threw a LadyLine FD today and, despite the name, loved it. At 159 grams it is still plenty stable. Flew, for me, between an S Line and a 3rd run C Line in stability. Held a great anny but still flexed back at the end. I was planning on using this as my understable FD, but it is going to take a little while to get there.

The plastic is something else, too. The closest comparison I can think of is the stuff Skyquest was cranking out. It is flexible, but in a more rubbery way than FLX or GStar. Because of the grip to it, it makes kind of a funny, cork popping-type noise when it rips out of your hand. Pretty fun little disc.

Threw a LadyLine FD today and, despite the name, loved it.
Does it have the chrome stamp on it so that when it catches the sunlight just right it blasts your retinas so that all you see is 'Lady Line' everytime you close your eyes? Those one's are awesome! :cool:

Seriously though, after a few throws with the Lady Line, it's a super straight flier with tons of glide and really does whatever you want it to (just as a good FD should). Great disc, but I can already see it starting to beat in and chunking up a bit. Time will tell how the plastic holds up, but the 'feel' comparison to the Skyquest plastic is spot on.

Absolutely in love with the 3rd run JL FD's though. They're exactly what I've wanted in an FD. I've found the S-Lines tend to get a little too flippy a little too fast, where the 3rd run C-Line has enough fade that I can already tell, when they break in a bit, they'll pretty much be like a fresh S-Line with just a touch more high speed turn.

Does it have the chrome stamp on it so that when it catches the sunlight just right it blasts your retinas so that all you see is 'Lady Line' everytime you close your eyes? Those one's are awesome! :cool:

Seriously though, after a few throws with the Lady Line, it's a super straight flier with tons of glide and really does whatever you want it to (just as a good FD should). Great disc, but I can already see it starting to beat in and chunking up a bit. Time will tell how the plastic holds up, but the 'feel' comparison to the Skyquest plastic is spot on.

Absolutely in love with the 3rd run JL FD's though. They're exactly what I've wanted in an FD. I've found the S-Lines tend to get a little too flippy a little too fast, where the 3rd run C-Line has enough fade that I can already tell, when they break in a bit, they'll pretty much be like a fresh S-Line with just a touch more high speed turn.

Not sunny enough for the chrome stamp to kill me today, but now that you mention it I can see it happening.

Agree with you on everything else, and I do hope this one wears in a bit so it'll turn over some more. As for the 3rd run JL, I am also enjoying that one. I find it to have a touch less glide than my S-Lines, so I don't get quite the same distance out of them. But it is a good complement to the lineup for sure. I think I'll have 4-5 FDs in the bag for a bit now.

Anyone know of any retailers that have first runs? I'd love to add one to the collection but they aren't the easiest to track down

Nice,that looks very tasty. Are the jl runs out mostly or are there select few stores online that only carry? I think i recall the dm store cfd's are jl

Only DM store right now if you for sure for sure want to get a 3rd run. Too many 2nd runs floating around out there to gamble on maybe getting a 3rd run.

Wade at DGC said that he was putting in a Discmania order very soon and that they would be getting some FD2's. Maybe they'll get some FD's in too?

Just received my shipment from Discmania. GStar FD, Simond signature FD & FD2. The GStar FD's are flipping right out of the box! Not what I expected but I'm going to give them a few more rounds to see if they are truly that flippy. The FD2 is real close to my 2nd run JL FD's... They are going to be a keeper! The Simond signature disc is perfect right out of the box!.... I'll be buying a few more!

The 2nd runs are nice,i threw the flat pearly greens for a while but they were just too hss for what i wanted. I liked the gline fd at first but its not gonna last lomg in that soft plastic,id rather grab a gline pd.

Ill have to pick a jl ,sounds like what i want and i like the jl plastic a lot

After initially not being a fan of the G-FD, I tossed it a lot more yesterday and was really impressed. For my lower power, it seems to fly with similar stability to the 3rd run C-Line, but with much more glide. Had a couple really long drives with it, both uphill, so it is definitely staying in the bag.

I have a light S-Line that is starting to turn over on me pretty well now, so my FD lineup is currently:

170 G-FD - Workhorse
165 S-FD - Turns
171 3rd run C - hyzer lines
170 D-FD - Flip to flat to turnover until the S is worn in more

I also toss a 2nd run C in if it is windy or I know there are some dogleg holes. Love this mold.

I picked up a 3rd run C-FD and an S-FD. These are nice. I'm getting a tick more turn out of the S-line and a little more glide as well. Both are still fairly straight-neutral, but with a much more gentle fade than a Teebird. I think they could fit in nicely between a Teebird and a River in my bag right now.

Got a beautiful neon yellow Russian tournament stamped first run today, and I'm excited to toss it with my third run and s line this week.

With the smaller bag I'm using for now until I order and get my simian I am pretty much throwing just PD's and FD's this summer and I'm pretty excited to get the chance to really learn these discs :D

What would you guys recommend as a more stable compliment to my 3rd run JL FD? Go with a 2nd run FD, or FD2? Or does it really matter between the two? Don't have huge power, pushing the FD out 360-370, so I don't want to end up with a meat hook disc.

You'd probably be fine with either, but the FD2 is going to be easier to get and replace if necessary. The 2nd runs are nice but the FD2 will do basically the same thing.

If you want to compare them, let me know and I'll hook you up with a cheap 2nd run

Latest posts