• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

I just picked up some fd jackals in the dx type plastic from the factory store......on first impression, probably not going to make the bag. I picked up an ultra light 140 for the wife, a150 and a 166. (300ish fairway power here, and a little oat issues)150 was too easy to turn over for me, and never tried to flex out at all.... So I didn't get to see any of the glide. I finally backed off a bit and got a nice turn with some glide and a bit of flex at the end of flight, but had to give it some height to do work for right around 270ft. I hit the field tonight with the 166 and was able to put a little more into it before the turn and burn, but not much more before it took a sharp right handler and lost distance. Around 300 ft. I know I tend to wrist roll a little bit, more so when trying to reach out to my max, butThe fd feels a little touchy to me. The 70% percent throws were easy and controlled 270 for me but in love with my cheetah for that slot right now. The cheetah will usually flex out of a turn or unintentional anny for me. I do plan on spending more time with the Fd as I feel it will force me to clean up my throws a little more in order to get a good and consistent flight out of it.

Yeah, the D plastic is definitely more understable out of the box. I am even finding my 165 gram S doesn't tolerate my wrist roll at all lately, either. I think the S between 167 and 172 is the bread and butter in terms of seeing the glide. The 3rd run C Lines from the store will eat your wrist roll for breakfast and bomb, but tends to be a bit more overstable than the S and a touch lower on the glide. Maybe check one of those out to get the true flavor of the FD.

Only DM store right now if you for sure for sure want to get a 3rd run. Too many 2nd runs floating around out there to gamble on maybe getting a 3rd run.

Wade at DGC said that he was putting in a Discmania order very soon and that they would be getting some FD2's. Maybe they'll get some FD's in too?
I just got a yellow 170 FD from DGC and it's definitely a 2nd run, it has the higher PLH and slightly concave wing, as well as the air bubbles in the core of the rim.

Anyone tried the g line FD yet?
Paging onemilemore...

I've thrown his just a couple of times and I would say from limited tosses that it's very similar to the S-Lines. Straight. Of all of the FD's I would venture to say that the G-Line is the closest to the advertised flight numbers. It's got a touch of high speed turn and a touch of low speed fade.

I actually just got an x-out in the mail today to pair with my C-Line. Hoping the G- will beat into a nice turnover disc that isn't too flippy.

Paging onemilemore...

I've thrown his just a couple of times and I would say from limited tosses that it's very similar to the S-Lines. Straight. Of all of the FD's I would venture to say that the G-Line is the closest to the advertised flight numbers. It's got a touch of high speed turn and a touch of low speed fade.

I actually just got an x-out in the mail today to pair with my C-Line. Hoping the G- will beat into a nice turnover disc that isn't too flippy.

Sorry, I was at Legoland!

Here is my initial take from a few pages back:

After initially not being a fan of the G-FD, I tossed it a lot more yesterday and was really impressed. For my lower power, it seems to fly with similar stability to the 3rd run C-Line, but with much more glide. Had a couple really long drives with it, both uphill, so it is definitely staying in the bag.

After another few rounds with it, my assessment is the same. It's a damn good workhorse FD, especially for those without the power to crank on a C-Line the whole time. I wasn't snapping it well enough the other day, and it would hyzer out on me a bit sooner than I wanted, but it still bombs. Annies that flex out late at the end are money with this thing, too. All in all, it's an S-FD in nice plastic. Can't really go wrong with it.

Anyone tried the g line FD yet?

I finally got mine out for a round. typically, i'm not a huge fan of super flexible discs, but this isn't really super floppy.

I'll have to echo a lot of what onemilemore said with his review.

I use it in almost the exact same way I would my S-Line FD. Thrown with some hyzer, it flips up, goes straight, and then fades left. Thrown on an anny line, it just holds the line the whole way for me. Thrown flat, it'll need some room to work it's full flight bc of its lateral movement. Loving the grip on these.

I cover all my fairway lines with a 2nd run C-Line FD and an S-FD, will probably replace the S-Line with the G-Line eventually.

The Jackals are coming

I'm late to the Jackal party but based on some advice in another thread (Longer Tangent) from OneMileMore I decided to try an S-Line FD and it's been working out great. A little turn followed by a little fade but really not too much of either which is what I was looking for. Anyway I've been having so much fun with it I decided to order them in a variety of plastics to the differences and hopefully find the perfect Jackal for me. I've got the more stable side of the fairway drivers covered (c-line) but ordered all other plastics including S-Lines, G-Lines, a D-Line, and even a LadyLine. Ladyline? Yep, because I'm just curious and can usually throw lighter discs further and don't care what people think. In fact I'm looking forward to outdriving my friends with a girls disc - LOL. I'm looking forward to testing these out. Special thanks to OneMileMore for the tip on this disc.

Attachments

• Jackals.PNG
    Jackals.PNG
    26.9 KB · Views: 49
I'm late to the Jackal party but based on some advice in another thread (Longer Tangent) from OneMileMore I decided to try an S-Line FD and it's been working out great. A little turn followed by a little fade but really not too much of either which is what I was looking for. Anyway I've been having so much fun with it I decided to order them in a variety of plastics to the differences and hopefully find the perfect Jackal for me. I've got the more stable side of the fairway drivers covered (c-line) but ordered all other plastics including S-Lines, G-Lines, a D-Line, and even a LadyLine. Ladyline? Yep, because I'm just curious and can usually throw lighter discs further and don't care what people think. In fact I'm looking forward to outdriving my friends with a girls disc - LOL. I'm looking forward to testing these out. Special thanks to OneMileMore for the tip on this disc.

Yes, another fan! Glad you're having some success with it, it really is a tremendous disc. The D-Line will cover turnovers out of the box, and the Ladyline goes, but is surprisingly more in line with the S-Line in terms of stability. Enjoy them!

I'm falling in love with my G-FD. My light weight(165g) S-line has gotten pretty flippy, and this G* has replaced it almost entirely. My other S-line in the bag is a max weight, so it's still got some decent fade. My new G* which is 170g is nice and straight with a slight hyzer flip. Also work great for soft anny angles, holding it the entire flight. Looks like I'm going to need to purchase a few back ups! I currently carry 3 FD's, all with different flights. A max weight C-FD, a max weight S-FD, and my 170g G* FD.

These FDs are just too awesome. The S-line has just enough controllable turn and the C-line is one of the straightest flying discs I've ever thrown. So little turn and so little fade.

I just got my C-line FD2 today and boy is that sweet. Very similar to a champ Teebird, just feels better in the hand to me.

I used to carry Teebirds and Rivers for fairways but I'm thinking of switching to cFD2, cFD and sFD.

The DD Escape is my all time favorite disc and these FDs even make me think of taking that out of the bag. The Escape is a bit longer and more of a control/distance driver so it's staying for now.

Discmania really won me over with these fairways.

My friend ordered a c line fd factory second from the factory store and it was green an jolly launcher for sure. Had anyone else gotten the same thing?

I am assuming... and we all know what can happen when you do that..

but all FS FD's should be of the 3rd run, JL, slightly domey (more akin to the intended flight numbers)

I'm pretty sure that 2nd runs (which were flat, beefy, sexy) were all molded last year at the latest..

again, I may be wrong.

FD's FOR LIFE!

has anyone decided to bag the fd2 over their 2nd run's?

if so, can you share why you made the decision to switch?

I don't like throwing hard to replace discs, so I threw champ Teebirds alongside my S-line FD for fairways. New 2nd run FDs are too hard to find now at inexpensive prices. After this next tournament I'm thinking of swapping out the Teebird for the C-FD2. I really love the feel of that FD2.

I don't like throwing hard to replace discs, so I threw champ Teebirds alongside my S-line FD for fairways. New 2nd run FDs are too hard to find now at inexpensive prices. After this next tournament I'm thinking of swapping out the Teebird for the C-FD2. I really love the feel of that FD2.

discgolfcenter is still only carrying 2nd runs. i've actually have had a harder time finding 3rd runs retail than 2nd runds.

Latest posts