• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

Probably third run, although to be sure you could email hyzer farm and ask them when they got them. The 3rd runs are getting out to most online sites now so they are easier to get, for a while only the Discmania site had them.

Just got back from Gotta Go Gotta Throw, they have a decent selection on C-Line FD's. Not sure which run they are, but I saw at least 20 on the shelf, maybe 30.

Just got back from Gotta Go Gotta Throw, they have a decent selection on C-Line FD's. Not sure which run they are, but I saw at least 20 on the shelf, maybe 30.

I was there 2 weeks ago and they were primarily 2nd runs. I was in there looking for first runs and found one normal and one x-out. One can hope they get third runs in soon! :thmbup:

The stock release of the G-Line FD was just announced! Looks like they will be available for purchase starting tomorrow.

http://instagram.com/p/rr3cYlscCk/?modal=true

Was hoping to snag a 168g G-line FD, but I checked early this morning and there wasn't anything available in that weight. Looks like they either only ran over 170g this time, or someone else got to the lighter ones first....

Was hoping to snag a 168g G-line FD, but I checked early this morning and there wasn't anything available in that weight. Looks like they either only ran over 170g this time, or someone else got to the lighter ones first....

I checked at 5 am this morning and 171 was the lowest I saw. I be they took a number of lighter ones to the worlds fly mart.

I would've settled for 170/171 but I dislike red discs for the most part. Hopefully other retailers will have some soon

I have an S-Line and just got a C-Line (I think 2nd run). Played my first round with the C-Line today and I used it three times. I need to get used to it I guess, it wasn't very consistent. All three times were OB.

I can tell you the light weights are at worlds right now. Stacks of 2nd,3rd and new 4th run FDs!! I picked up a few Lizotte stamps. I have seen them down to 165g. 2nd run heaven. G-star galore as well.

What are the 4th run supposed to fly like? I'm jealous of everyone that gets to pick through all those discs :p

I figured out why throwing my C-Line has been so inconsistent. It has a slight bur on the bottom edge of the rim (where a bead would be on other disc's), and it makes it so I have a late release as well as adding a bit of drag when it leaves my hand. Have any of you delt with this? What's a good way to remove the bur, sandpaper?

Last edited:
I figured out why throwing my C-Line has been so inconsistent. It has a slight bur on the bottom edge of the rim (where a bead would be on other disc's), and it makes it so I have a late release as well as adding a bit of drag when it leaves my hand. Have any of you delt with this? What's a good way to remove the bur, sandpaper?

I do a few circles each way (wax on, wax off) on the cement of my basement walls. Does the trick each time. I can't stand that bit of sharpness on a new disc.

I just ended up using some 150 grit sandpaper and removed the bur. I was careful not to remove any more than just the bur. It throws a lot more consistent. Brick wall is a good idea tho, I'll have to remember that.

I love the S-line so much. I've never thrown the C-line and noticed it's the most popular. Anyone else prefer S-line who's thrown both and why? Also as far as fairway drivers I carry a beat and new S-FD and a champ Teebird. All 175g. Now I'll say for me the teebird is every bit of stable as I need it to be. Honestly I underestimate the stability sometimes. I think it'd be kinda cool to switch it out for either a C-line FD or C-line FD2 just cause. Which is most Teebird like. What's the FD2 like in general I guess compared the the SFDs

I prefer the S-Line to the C-Line, but that might be because I've had the S-Line longer and have it down. My C-Line is not even a week old. My C-Line is more stable so I plan to use both, but I think my S-Line will continue to be my go to fairway Driver.

The FD2 will be more like a fresh teebird, while a 3rd run C FD will be straighter overall, with much less of a fade at the end of it's flight. A lot of people cover all their fairway shots with different FD's in different states of wear.

I had 5 with me for a round this morning :D

Latest posts