• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania PD2 - CHAOS

How are the production C-PD2's? I'm interested in filling the "slightly overstable" driver slot in my bag and wanted to give the disc a second chance since it felt so great in the hand. I am just hoping it is a little more stable than the P line :?

now someone just needs to test the C-DD2 and we'll have the whole lineup checked out

fwiw, i bought a c-dd2 after falling in love with the p-dd2. out of the box i love the p line, but soon i was flipping it over more often than i would like so i was hoping the c line would be slightly more stable version.

i have a bright orange 171 c-dd2 and so far i love it. as expected the c line flies a bit more stable than the p and perfectly fits the flight path i was hoping for. i am currently using it on max D drives that arent into a headwind. just have to throw it clean and it flies forever.

anubis080 said:
How are the production C-PD2's? I'm interested in filling the "slightly overstable" driver slot in my bag and wanted to give the disc a second chance since it felt so great in the hand. I am just hoping it is a little more stable than the P line :?

I don't think I would describe the C-PD2 as "slightly overstable".

Frank Delicious said:
anubis080 said:

I don't think I would describe the C-PD2 as "slightly overstable".

Would it be like describing you as "slightly unstable", Frank?

carlitocal said:
now someone just needs to test the C-DD2 and we'll have the whole lineup checked out

fwiw, i bought a c-dd2 after falling in love with the p-dd2. out of the box i love the p line, but soon i was flipping it over more often than i would like so i was hoping the c line would be slightly more stable version.

i have a bright orange 171 c-dd2 and so far i love it. as expected the c line flies a bit more stable than the p and perfectly fits the flight path i was hoping for. i am currently using it on max D drives that arent into a headwind. just have to throw it clean and it flies forever.

If a P PD2 is as high speed stable as a C PD2 or less your power is either immense or you suffer from some form flaw that makes the disc flip. Or have massive headwinds.

JR said:
carlitocal said:

If a P PD2 is as high speed stable as a C PD2 or less your power is either immense or you suffer from some form flaw that makes the disc flip. Or have massive headwinds.
DD2 JR, not PD2.

carlitocal said:

I did test the CDD2...I was not that impressed. It had a lot of movement in the flght...More turn than a Champ Boss with an earlier fade. I could not get great D out of it in all my attempts. I'm not sure, but it also didn't seem quite as fast as the Boss/Katana/Vulcan.

If you really like all of Innova's speed 13 discs you may have a use for a CDD2 in your lineup as it turns and fades more reliably than any of those others.

jubuttib said:
JR said:
carlitocal said:

DD2 JR, not PD2.

Argh all the similar sounding abbreviations... No clue about the C DD2s because broken in ES DD2 is long challenging Nukes for distance king position for me and P DD2 can't take abuse for long without changing flight a lot but it could become killtastic max D disc. Possibly longer than Nukes which reminds me that now that practice field ain't white like my P DD2 i gotta break it out and break it in :-D Boooom i think.

discspeed said:
carlitocal said:

I did test the CDD2...I was not that impressed. It had a lot of movement in the flght...More turn than a Champ Boss with an earlier fade. I could not get great D out of it in all my attempts. I'm not sure, but it also didn't seem quite as fast as the Boss/Katana/Vulcan.

If you really like all of Innova's speed 13 discs you may have a use for a CDD2 in your lineup as it turns and fades more reliably than any of those others.

WOW. Well now I don't feel alone. I was gonna post practically the same thing but I didn't feel like hearing about how it's the Indian, not the arrow. I have tried several C-DD2s, 1 CFR and 2 regular run, and I have had unsatisfactory results. Before testing these c-lines I had an E* DD2 that was much more predictable and had better glide. Additionally, discspeed, I share your sentiment that it lacked the speed that my Bosses and Katanas do. Initially I was hoping for a disc that would resemble my first run bosses or super beat bosses, but it has definitely lacked the consistency.

I have an Asia Open C-DD2, and it is indeed pretty meh. The orange and green ES-DD2s are much better, and the P-DD2 is crazy long, if not all that accurate after it beats in. Nice to hear I don't have to sink money into the C-DD2, I already have a buttload of the other plastics. I will however try out a normal S-DD2 (released this week

But back on the PD2, and especially the relative HSS between the P and C, there really isn't a big difference between mine, but I acknowledge that my P-DD2 is most likely freaky HSS.

I finally got a chance to play around with these in a field last night in some stiff winds. I've been looking for something to get me some more D than my CFR PD's into the wind and I think I've found that in the PD2's. I have a production run PPD2 and a couple Euro Open CPD2's. The EO's are beefy and don't turn at all for me into a strong headwind. My PPD2 will track right into the wind and then come back to finish pretty straight for me. They were very reliable for me in the wind last night and seemed to net me an extra 40-50' over my CPD's.

I don't think I'll throw them a lot, but they definitely fill a role I've been looking for.... max distance into a headwind.

Finally picked up some production pd2s. Since switching back to pd2s after tr3ing my forces for a good while,ive been happy with the predictabilty of the cpd2. I still have my proto I was using but wound up sticking a fresh production in the bag. Orange just like my proto,similar dome and feel.both fly the same and that makes me happy.

Though,i have seen flat cpd2s around in production runs,anybody throw those yet to see any difference from domey ones?

I don't have a flat one, but I've got one of the AJ's in merlot that is super, super stiff. It's still mint, but feels like it's going to be a beefcake.

Booter said:
Finally picked up some production pd2s. Since switching back to pd2s after tr3ing my forces for a good while,ive been happy with the predictabilty of the cpd2. I still have my proto I was using but wound up sticking a fresh production in the bag. Orange just like my proto,similar dome and feel.both fly the same and that makes me happy.

Though,i have seen flat cpd2s around in production runs,anybody throw those yet to see any difference from domey ones?

I don't have any production C-PD2s, but I did pick up 3 of the CFR Euro Open C-PD2s. Two of them are uber domey (yellow and red) and the other is super flat (clear). The flat clear one has a noticeably higher PLH than the domey ones, so I assume this will be a meathook. The one I am currently using, my red one, was what everyone has described in terms of flight but its finally starting to beat in. I think its going to be a pretty sweet bomber when its settled in.

rusch_bag said:
So how do the production C PD2s fly compared to the EO CPD2s?

They are a hair less HSS and LSS, but have more glide and a more forward fade. I have orange max weights because all the other colors of 175s were OVERweight. I throw my production CPD2 at least twice as often as my EO CPD2. BTW, this disc is really catching on among my friends, especially the FH dominant throwers.

I'm a little late to the party but I just got my first P-PD2 yesterday. Bought it online and it's the Soft blend of P, kinda disappointed as I've read in this thread that it flies much more understable than the stiffer blend.

Meh. Oh well.

So I was quite surprised to see how deep the groove on the top is, the same one that destroyers have and PD's have to a lesser degree, it's quite noticeable especially compared to those two. Is this how all PD2's are or is mine a freak?

I don't need something as stable as the C-PD2's. I max Pro Destroyers out around 420' hoping for this to be a more stable version of that.

Latest posts