• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

kern97871

Eagle Member
I've been looking at these discs for a while now. Anybody thrown them and what do you think? Good comparisons? Praises? Complaints? You get the idea.

I'm interested in most of their discs, not any one in particular.

I throw the CD, and have been for a while. It's a slightly longer TL for me, with good glide, and decent speed. I think it's got the TWrecks top, because it's got a nice blunt nose.

The one I want to get my hands on is the PD. Sounds like a predator with a more ergonomic grip.

I've been really wanting to try a CD. I think I read that Dave D said that the PD has replaced his teebird, starfire, and firebird in one disc. Makes it sound downright amazing.

kern9787 said:
I think I read that Dave D said that the PD has replaced his teebird, starfire, and firebird in one disc. Makes it sound downright amazing.

He did say that. I'm the one that asked :).

ok, I've tried/owned them all I think.

P1 - like an Aviar putter, rubbery plastic, sticks good in the chains
P2 - Small Bead Aviar, reeealy liking this one, amazing putter driver, stable-overstable
MD1 - Pretty stable, no bead I think, not as much glide as a Buzzz/Roc
CD - Longer TL, S-Line (lite grippier star) is more stable then D-Line (like DX)
PD - Not as overstable as a Pred as someone mentioned above. "Actually I belive the phrase: I think I read that Dave D said that the PD has replaced his teebird, starfire, and firebird in one disc", actually might be pretty accurate, really good disc. Not as overstable as a Firebird thought. Yes if you're having both a TeeBird and a Starfire in the bag, this one could easily replace those I think.
DD - Fast, like a Wraith maybe. I would place it in between Wraith and TeeRex in stability.

Gotta love the S-Line.

The P2 isn't a small bead aviar. Its an Aviar-X top with a beadless aviar bottom. These are some awesome discs.

I currently have the S DD and S PD in my bag and at one point the CD.

The first run S DD is ran in some of the sweetest plastic fo sho. As for flight I believe it to be right in between the Wraith and Teerex. I use it where most people use the Teerex, I find it to be a great compliment to my Wraith for the windier days. Also ny buddy Eli uses his for rollers, the DD has a nice blunt edge which makes it sweet for rollers, Ive witnessed it.

The S PD, first of all is NOT like a FB or Pred. I find it to be very similar to Starfires and Avengers. I use them when there is a lil too much headwind for my Teebird but if too windy Id go with the FB or Pred. I find the PD to be like a longer Star TB. I really enjoy this disc. Again I would compare it to a Starfire

The S CD. I have only had one so thats all I can compare. I found that my particular CD was very close to my Star TB, I would put the CD right between the TL and TB. Its a nice disc but for me it was not good enough for me to take out my TB or TL.

I have not tried the putters or mid. I have heard good things about the MD1 but I have no personal experience.

Go buy yourself a DD and PD and you wont regret it. Assuming you have the arm for these discs. :wink:

My .02

I've been putting the P2 like whoa... plastic is super rubbery and not floppy. Doesn't take hits too well though... but no biggie if you don't throw it at trees...

I really like MD1s. SG line is slightly gummy but still firm enough for consistent releases with the least amount of fade when new. S-line is a bit more beefy than a new Rancho DX Roc. D-Line is a pig when new and takes hard headwinds nicely and flies straight then. As it breaks in it'll be a straight disc in moderate headwinds. Haven't trashed one yet so don't know how little wind is required for laser lines then. A versatile disc in different beatnesses for sure. The last time I compared my different MD1s vs Rancheros MD1s flew farther. These days my form is less speed dominated than then so YMMV as might mine.

S-Line CDs are stable Valkyries basically. Less (almost none) HSS and about the same LSS than a 175 C Valk. shorter than DX Valk 170. But that's the natural order of things DX vs Star (S-line is one of the plethora of Star mixes).

dgdave said:
The P2 isn't a small bead aviar. Its an Aviar-X top with a beadless aviar bottom. These are some awesome discs.

oops...better check my resources next time :wink:

I just got a Discatcher sport from discgolfvalues.com and it came with 5 P2 putters. They fly pretty nice, not very understable and not too overstable.

I got some D CDs on sale, so I broke down and bought 3 PDs as well. I haven't thrown them, but they've got a nice, gradual dome. The underside is what facinates me: It's got a nice, curving rim, but it's also got a notch! The rim is somewhere around the OLF in thickness. I'll take them for a test drive this weekend.

Bradley, this is the plastic you love too. Stiff, grippy, championstar.

Furthur said:
I got some D CDs on sale, so I broke down and bought 3 PDs as well. I haven't thrown them, but they've got a nice, gradual dome. The underside is what facinates me: It's got a nice, curving rim, but it's also got a notch! The rim is somewhere around the OLF in thickness. I'll take them for a test drive this weekend.

Bradley, this is the plastic you love too. Stiff, grippy, championstar.

Hmm my heavy S-Line CD isn't the stiffest Star plastic I've touched. Maybe there are differences or different runs. It's still stiff enough for just about anyone but not totally without give on the flight plate. the 153 S CD has very floppy flight plate but ok in the rim but that's no surprise considering the weight.

I have 3 S CDs. 2 of them are like the white Star they add color to. Very opaque, kinda spongey. The other is a championstar blend. Much stiffer, but still grippy. All 3 are green, but the championstar is much darker, and has some swirls in it. The 3 PDs I have are all yellow, all the championstar, and swirl.

latitude said:
PD - Not as overstable as a Pred as someone mentioned above. "Actually I belive the phrase: I think I read that Dave D said that the PD has replaced his teebird, starfire, and firebird in one disc", actually might be pretty accurate, really good disc. Not as overstable as a Firebird thought. Yes if you're having both a TeeBird and a Starfire in the bag, this one could easily replace those I think.

Sounds like this could be a really very nice forehand disc. Anybody throw it thusly? I might have to get one, since I'm looking for a new go-to forehand driver to replace my Wraith.

Throw the PD, its a superior discs. Plus the plastic is schweeet!! Seriously the PD is better than the Starfire, Avenger, OLF, etc. (however, one misconception that most people seem to have is the PD will take over for the Pred/FB and that is false, the PD is nowhere near the overstability of the Pred/FB, it handles a headwind really nicely but its not a Pred/FB. If you like the Starfire/Avenger type discs then you will be Super Happy with the PD)

Do yourself a favor and buy one, also if you are fond of Wraiths and want a lil more stability buy a DD, its better than a teerex.

The Discmania PD and DD are sweet ( . )( . ), both have been in my bag for about 3-4 months now and the more I throw them the more I like them still. I cant say enough good things about both of these discs!!

disc junkie said:
I currently have the S DD and S PD in my bag and at one point the CD.

The first run S DD is ran in some of the sweetest plastic fo sho. As for flight I believe it to be right in between the Wraith and Teerex. I use it where most people use the Teerex, I find it to be a great compliment to my Wraith for the windier days. Also ny buddy Eli uses his for rollers, the DD has a nice blunt edge which makes it sweet for rollers, Ive witnessed it.

The S PD, first of all is NOT like a FB or Pred. I find it to be very similar to Starfires and Avengers. I use them when there is a lil too much headwind for my Teebird but if too windy Id go with the FB or Pred. I find the PD to be like a longer Star TB. I really enjoy this disc. Again I would compare it to a Starfire

The S CD. I have only had one so thats all I can compare. I found that my particular CD was very close to my Star TB, I would put the CD right between the TL and TB. Its a nice disc but for me it was not good enough for me to take out my TB or TL.

I have not tried the putters or mid. I have heard good things about the MD1 but I have no personal experience.

Go buy yourself a DD and PD and you wont regret it. Assuming you have the arm for these discs. :wink:

My .02

still think this is an accurate description

disc junkie said:
Throw the PD, its a superior discs. Plus the plastic is schweeet!! Seriously the PD is better than the Starfire, Avenger, OLF, etc. (however, one misconception that most people seem to have is the PD will take over for the Pred/FB and that is false, the PD is nowhere near the overstability of the Pred/FB, it handles a headwind really nicely but its not a Pred/FB. If you like the Starfire/Avenger type discs then you will be Super Happy with the PD)
What's better about it?

ok, well I say its a superior disc and for me it is, but for those who want to break down every part of the disc and compare every little thing I cant do that.

For me I found the PD to have better glide than the Starfire/Avenger/OLF and I can shape my line more accurately with the PD.

The PD is the first disc that I have thrown that actually does compare to a TB. I find the PD to be just as good as the TB its just faster so it takes more arm speed to get to cruising speed.

Again I know thats not the most technical answer and Im sure some will agree some will disagree but after throwing the PD the past 4 months I can see why DaveD said it replaced his TB/Starfire/FB because it can do everything those discs can. I think the only thing the PD cant do as well as those three discs is fight a headwind as good as a FB but other than that the PD is those three discs wrapped into one.