• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

I was probably going to drop DGV an email to see if there are PDs in D plastic later today. I'll let you know what I find out.

Furthur said:
I was probably going to drop DGV an email to see if there are PDs in D plastic later today. I'll let you know what I find out.
there is not.....yet

got out and played a round with the PD in the bag today, my first impression is that its like a SOLF X pretty much, id say its a notch faster than the OLF also, its alot steadier into the wind than the OLF, for me at around 380/400 feet of power i was having to throw it flat or a little anny to stretch it out for D but with such a reliable fade it was very accurate for me and i nearly aced with it the second time i threw it off the tee during the round. I think it is a really great disc but i really hope they put it out in the D plastic sometime soon as i could cover a huge amount of shots with this mold if i could get me a nice beat one. I think these would actually be a good compliment or replacement to a 1.1 SOLF if you feel that the OLF is just not quite stable enough, I think having the same wing on both would actually make them a pretty lethal combo also (although i wouldnt carry both myself)

RustyP said:
I sent an email to Jussi Meresma (sp?) asking about the possibility of a D PD...hopefully he'll reply

Meresmaa if anyone cares about spelling the winner of Big D correctly.

JR said:
RustyP said:
I sent an email to Jussi Meresma (sp?) asking about the possibility of a D PD...hopefully he'll reply

Meresmaa if anyone cares about spelling the winner of Big D correctly.

Missed it by one "a" ;)

I got a reply from Jussi just a few minutes ago...he said that making the PD in D-line plastic isn't in theeir schedule, but they are working on a new softer plastic similar to Innova Pro plastic. He said they plan on releasing the PD and DD in that new plastic.

Can't wait!

Month long revival....Does anyone still throw any of the Discmania drivers? Primarily CD, DD, or PD?

Im more curious actually is how long is a DD compared to Wraith/Teerex?

I still throw the CD and the PD. The CD flies like a little less stable but longer flying TL, and the CD flies like what I think the child of a Teebird and Firebird should fly like. The PD's plastic is really hard Star though, and that stuff is impossible to grip in cold temps.

I was going to also add that Mark at DGV told me that the CD and the PD are going to be released in some sort of Pro plastic type material. I would assume before the end of March; he said it will be on his website.

edit: Another acronym: DGW stands for Disc Golf Values.

Furthur said:
I still throw the CD and the PD. The CD flies like a little less stable but longer flying TL, and the CD flies like what I think the child of a Teebird and Firebird should fly like. The PD's plastic is really hard Star though, and that stuff is impossible to grip in cold temps.

I was going to also add that Mark at DGV told me that the CD and the PD are going to be released in some sort of Pro plastic type material. I would assume before the end of March; he said it will be on his website.

edit: Another acronym: DGW stands for Disc Golf Values.
Sick! i was wondering when their pro plastic would come out, looks like it time to shelve my OLFs when i can get a PD in easily beatable plastic, 1.2 SOLF and 1.1 MOLF out S PD and Pro PD in :) , anybody need some OLFs :(

I just bought a new Innova Christmas disc just because it said SPD 170 on the bottom and I thought it was some new super secret mold. Then I thought if it was a secret why send it out to everyone for Christmas. Oh well. I currently carry Predators for overstable and Teebirds for stable fairway discs. Maybe I'll take this out to the field and give it a shot. I hope it's between a Pred and a Teebird.

chainsmoker said:
I just bought a new Innova Christmas disc just because it said SPD 170 on the bottom and I thought it was some new super secret mold. Then I thought if it was a secret why send it out to everyone for Christmas. Oh well. I currently carry Predators for overstable and Teebirds for stable fairway discs. Maybe I'll take this out to the field and give it a shot. I hope it's between a Pred and a Teebird.
thats what it is

It's a terrible disc. You'll hate it, I swear. You should just save yourself the trouble and send it to me. Seriously, just send it to me, now.

Got my CDs in yesterday. S seems to be the ChampyStar, D is grippier than my dx Eagle-X bought last winter. The D came out with a 'ramp' flat angle between 1&4, and a nice dome elsewhere. No biggie as the S is a better comparison to the 1.2 SOLF/S I usually throw, and the x-out Star Valk I also ordered seems to be 'perfect' right down to the bass bait day-glo greenish yellow I'd pay extra for on the visibility scale.

And the CD sure seems to be the 1.2 S Orion top and Valk wing profile.

Now after moving a friend, I'll see if I left my form in a box somewhere....

So the consensus here on the PD is that it is NOT a Z Pred replacement, but just a tad more stable than a 1.1 OLF?? This sounds to me as if it is right there with a 1.2 SOLF/QOLF depending on weight/plastic.

I REALLY want a Z Pred replacement with a smaller rim/wing. I love the disc for what it does, but I never feel comfortable throwing it.

I was told the PD is similar to the starfire, with just a tad more glide on it. I got to try a friends DD for a few holes, but I thought it was just a tad more stable than the wraith. I should have one next week to do some real testing.

I like discmania's philosophy, take an innova mold and tweak it a bit. My only complaint is the lack of US distribution.