• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

disc junkie said:
PD = Longer TB.........However its not significant. I found I can get my TB out just as far just not on a low line. The only reason I really ever threw my PDs were if I needed more distance than my TBs on a lower line or if I needed a lil more of a flex shot.

It will not handle a FB/Pred headwind but it will hold up to a milid headwind pretty nicely.

Out of all the Discmania I have thrown which is the CD, PD and DD the PD was the most useful.

DD = super sweet plastic. Its very similar in HSS (just a tad less) to the Teerex but less LSS. It truly is right in between the Teerex and Wraith. I could always throw my DD longer han any Teerex but they were never as long as my Wraiths.

The only reason the DD never found a true spot in my bag was because it is on the flatter side. I like my distance drivers to be DOMEY.

CD = I cant really comment too much. It never really wowed me. I do think it would be an excellent roller due to the blunt nose. It didnt impress me enough to remove my TBs. It just comes down to preference.

Just my .02

Is the PD longer than the Striker you've been throwing?

TeamTollandDG said:
disc junkie said:
PD = Longer TB.........However its not significant. I found I can get my TB out just as far just not on a low line. The only reason I really ever threw my PDs were if I needed more distance than my TBs on a lower line or if I needed a lil more of a flex shot.

It will not handle a FB/Pred headwind but it will hold up to a milid headwind pretty nicely.

Out of all the Discmania I have thrown which is the CD, PD and DD the PD was the most useful.

DD = super sweet plastic. Its very similar in HSS (just a tad less) to the Teerex but less LSS. It truly is right in between the Teerex and Wraith. I could always throw my DD longer han any Teerex but they were never as long as my Wraiths.

The only reason the DD never found a true spot in my bag was because it is on the flatter side. I like my distance drivers to be DOMEY.

CD = I cant really comment too much. It never really wowed me. I do think it would be an excellent roller due to the blunt nose. It didnt impress me enough to remove my TBs. It just comes down to preference.

Just my .02

No...but thats mainly because I throw them on totally different line.

The Striker has more Glide and is less HSS so it has a lot more distance potential. I think the PD and Striker compliment each other well. The PD is more stable so itll be better into the headwinds.

The Striker though...I have a man crush with right now. The more I throw it the more I love it. I just parked a 415 hole (almost ace) with it on a nice gentle hyzer flip to anny shot.

Back to the point the PD and Striker are just too different to really compare but as far as distance goes, my Striker is longer

disc junkie said:
TeamTollandDG said:
disc junkie said:

Just my .02

No...but thats mainly because I throw them on totally different line.

The Striker has more Glide and is less HSS so it has a lot more distance potential. I think the PD and Striker compliment each other well. The PD is more stable so itll be better into the headwinds.

The Striker though...I have a man crush with right now. The more I throw it the more I love it. I just parked a 415 hole (almost ace) with it on a nice gentle hyzer flip to anny shot.

Back to the point the PD and Striker are just too different to really compare but as far as distance goes, my Striker is longer

Thanks that's what I was looking for. I've got a DD and a PD on the way to try out.

I think the PD can be huge on flex lines. It has such a long fade after the flex that just keeps going forward while fading. The flex portion of the disc is quite long as well.

I do need to get my hands on one of those Strikers though. I don't really want to mess around with my bag right now, but I could see it replacing both the Sabre and the CD.

The Striker Replaced my TLs and is getting thrown a LOT more than my TBs.

You are right about the flex shots with the PD, you can definitely get some D with enough room. The PD really is a sweeeeet discs and can replace a lot of molds in most peoples bags.

I got a couple of PDs in other other day and i got to say I really like it. It is a great moderate headwind disc and is really versatile. The problem is that it is close enough to the SOLF that I don't know if I can really justify carrying both. I especially see the PD throwing like an orion once it breaks in.

It also makes a pretty good flick disc.

Frank_Delicious said:
I got a couple of PDs in other other day and i got to say I really like it. It is a great moderate headwind disc and is really versatile. The problem is that it is close enough to the SOLF that I don't know if I can really justify carrying both. I especially see the PD throwing like an orion once it breaks in.

It also makes a pretty good flick disc.
you could rock both but it would be like carrying a TB and eagle or a wraith and teerex, aka you can get it all done with one or the other. i chose the PD and ive been loving it, the pro plastic ones need to come out like NOW though, i need some to fill my MOLF slot

I think the PD might be too similar to the starfire for me to make the change. I'll get some PD's eventually, but I rarely use overstable discs so it's not a high priority.

I've played a few rounds with the DD and I'm very impressed so far. It's quite similar to the orc in the hand, but it's longer and slightly more stable. The wing is very similar to the orc, just slightly wider. So far it's consistently 20 ft. longer than my normal max distance, which is around 380 right now with the orc. This disc also skips a bit more than I would like, but it could be used as an advantage if you aim correctly.

I think innova might be onto something with their tweaked molds for discmania. It seems like dave is making his own pet project discs, he seems to love the PD from what I've read on the pdga forums.

So the CD is apparently like a longer TL, though I haven't thrown TLs so that doesn't mean a lot to me. Is it closer to a Teebird (straight shots/holding a line only) or an Eagle (workable to different flight patterns)?

I've been considering a CD, and what I can gather from people is what Animix has said. It may be a little slower than the Striker but might be able to handle the wind better. I forgot who, but one guy said that the CD was 15 ft. shorter than his Striker.
One good thing about the CD is that you can get it in base plastic unlike the Striker.

I also think it's a good thing that it's like a Viking with more glide.

yea the CD is a touch slower than the striker and although id say its a bit less HSS it does handle wind better, kinda like an eagle VS teebird

Jesse, how much distance between the Striker and CD are there?

Since I throw Eagles (X, naturally) I might benefit having a Striker.

If I throw both 330ish, my S CD is 15 back and left of the Striker, while my D CD is straighter finish/closer. Flight difference is mainly finish glide/last 10% and the Striker is clearly skippier on landing.

I can be happy throwing either, but like choosing from a pile of puppies, the Striker has 'made things happen' on course and just wants to be in my bag...

PS- the S is ChampyStar blend, so for cold/wet you'll want the D too

Domey are good for distance. They have a lot of glide. I don't think I've ever seen a flat PD. The 1st runs are flatter than the Freak stamp, but no drastic difference.

sunspot said:
Jesse, how much distance between the Striker and CD are there?

Since I throw Eagles (X, naturally) I might benefit having a Striker.
depending on conditions i can get around 20 feet more out of my striker on most lines, for me the EX Striker combo is pretty money

The CD is more of a control fairway driver than the Striker, which is more of a controllable distance driver. The fat nose on the CD gives it a good deal of predictability, but also robs it of more potential distance. All and all, the CD is a solid disc, and a very solid disc for people in the 300' range.

Furthur said:
The CD is more of a control fairway driver than the Striker, which is more of a controllable distance driver. The fat nose on the CD gives it a good deal of predictability, but also robs it of more potential distance. All and all, the CD is a solid disc, and a very solid disc for people in the 300' range.
this is true, id feel much more comfortable using the CD for my only fairway mold than i would a striker, that being said the CD is a weird one, its speed would clearly put in in the hybrid category with the OLF, PD, Avenger etc. but that fat nose robs it of speed so fast and reduces the glide enough to put it back in the fairway driver slot, i really do like the CD....just not as much as i like having the eagle and striker

Jesse B 707 said:
Furthur said:
this is true, id feel much more comfortable using the CD for my only fairway mold than i would a striker, that being said the CD is a weird one, its speed would clearly put in in the hybrid category with the OLF, PD, Avenger etc. but that fat nose robs it of speed so fast and reduces the glide enough to put it back in the fairway driver slot, i really do like the CD....just not as much as i like having the eagle and striker

That's how I felt about the disc too. The CD is solid, but I ended up using it less and less with my Cyclone/PD combo. It would make a hella roller though...