• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

Furthur said:
It would make a hella good roller though...
:lol: lrn2hella.
you gotta put another word after hella to finish describing something.
as a Norcal native i cant sit by and let our dumb word be misused :wink:

Jesse B 707 said:
Furthur said:

Sounds good. I'll have to be on the lookout for any misinterpretations of southern dialog now. :D

Furthur said:
Jesse B 707 said:
Furthur said:

Sounds good. I'll have to be on the lookout for any misinterpretations of southern dialog now. :D
to be fair im pretty sure nearly everyone east of cali who says this word uses it just like you did, i'm pretty sure you're not the sole offender :wink:

I got several..."Damn man, what did you just throw???" this weekend when I was tossing the PD/Freak. I'm really diggin' on this disc. It is what I wanted my Teebirds to be, I almost could throw them both but the PD powers down to my max D with a Teebird with no real effect on the flight.

I too get a lot of the "what's that" when I throw my PD but then again I get that when I throw a pred. Living in innova county is fun sometimes.

A lot of people see the stamp on the Freak, and ask what it is because they've never seen anything like it. The disc I get asked about most because of the lines I can throw with it is my Cyclone.

I was impressed with the way it was handling the swirling winds at Hamilton this weekend, people were going all over the place and the PD was fighting pretty good to hold straight. It could be more that I was trying to keep my disc very flat and go through the wind and they might have been nose up/down but i was still impressed. It got me in the circle on 16 there which is a moderately tough drive 345' or so through some trees with OB left and right, but i 3 putted...QQ

So I know someone mentioned this before, but I can't find it now.

What (if any) are the flight differences between the Christmas, Standard and Freak stamps of the S PD?

I finally have a P PD beat in to wear it will hold a turnover line to the ground after it pans back to flat. Thing of beauty. During a windy second round on Saturday a lot of guys were fighting with rollers to combat a headwind, but it didn't seem to phase the PD. On two slightly downhill holes into a headwind I threw it over 475' on a hyzer flip line drive.

They are very close. The Freaks have just a bit more HSS, this shows more with a little seasoning.

I was told by Mark at DGV today that the Freak Run of the S PD is slightly less stable than the 1st Run. He also said the 2nd run is a bit softer, and easier to grip in the winter (which is what I'm looking for).

Freak PD has been in my bag for a few weeks now, nesteled in between my teebirds and my orcs. It's become a flip-2-flat disc so I may have to get another and another and another. It'll be a while before it replaces my teebirds though (if evar!)... currently rolling a 12x champ that is very similar to the pd (flip-2-flat) and 2 dx one new and beefy and the other a turnover disc... teebirds are amazing. So, the 12x is on it's way out because the pd matches it shot for shot and can still be stretched another 20'+, for me. I'd be interested in a D-line PD.

Have tried the DD... nothing flashy for me here. To me it flies similarly to a slightly faster new champ Orc. So, I'd just rather throw an Orc. I love Orc!

Is discgolfvalues.com still the only place that sells Discmania in the US?

Also any site sell discmania x-outs?

I want some Champ PDs. I'd REALLY like some flat Champ PDs, but that's probably asking too much.

Champ PD, yes!

I'm loving them, I lost another Wraith yesterday so I might just forget anything faster than a PD for a while and see how things go. I got a 167 P PD that is getting seasoned to fly on a 10' high line dead nuts straight for about 370' last night. This is very good for me as I probably top out around 400' with a Wraith using plenty of left to right and back again type flight.