• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

I think people who throw closer to flat or anhyzer (me, discspeed) prefer the PD, while those with a natural hyzer release would find more benefit with the OLF. They're both very versatile discs.

zj1002 said:
so are we supposed to see new discmania discs this year? curious if they would put out something like a fairway driver or ludicrous speed driver. guess I could ask Dave D.

from what I hear,they're making a disc similar to a more stable katana. I don't remember where I read this but it would be nice if this was indeed true and had the pd top :shock: . Guess we'll have to wait.

I agree with timko,I guess the reason I like it more is because I release flat or anhyzer most of the time. Which is probably why discjunkie dropped the pds because I think he's used to throwing hyzer flips or atleast some hyzer on releases.to each their own,I know the pd works for me

you have seen my throw. I throw with a ton of hyzer as well, when I started throwing flatter the pd didn't work very well for me out(see manor). I like that I can flip it to flat and it holds nice and straight. it is like an Orc and Teebird had a magical baby

Discmania.fi @ Facebook (either Jussi Meresmaa himself or Maaret, who takes care of the store most of the time posts there) said that this spring they're coming out with a new mid, a Coyote-type disc. He'd been very pleased with how it was coming along. They've also been testing two more understable drivers (they've got the straight/overstable market pretty covered, truly understable is missing though) and a Katana-type distance driver, a bit more stable though.

booter said:
from what I hear,they're making a disc similar to a more stable katana. I don't remember where I read this but it would be nice if this was indeed true and had the pd top :shock: . Guess we'll have to wait.

You probably heard it from me, since I've been saying it every time I get a chance. =)

zj1002 said:
cant wait

mid sounds cool but i would be shocked if it ever replaces the Roc

What, you think a Coyote-type disc could replace a Roc in any circumstances?

The Coyote has been a favorite of mine, you can do so many shots with it. It'd be nice to have one from Discmania so I can get the Innova discs out of my bag. Though that would also necessitate a Sidewinderish disc.

I used to throw the panther and puma exclusively. didnt ever touch the roc. so yeah I would give it a try. If the puma wasn't OOP and they hadn't put out domey crappy panthers I would probably still be throwing them

zj1002 said:
I used to throw the panther and puma exclusively. didnt ever touch the roc. so yeah I would give it a try

They're completely different types of discs. The old Coyote (which I love) is -1 turn and +1 fade, Roc is 0/3. I can understand Coyote maybe replacing a really beat up Roc, but I don't think it can replace a Roc in what it's supposed to do.

I think it would be awesome if they made a coyote/makoish disc that has a small Stalker-size bead on the bottom. It wouldn't kill the great glide and it would provide some stabilization and slow its movement as well as give it a little more LSS to start with. The MD1 is a tank of a power disc, so I still don't think it would overlap much.

jubuttib said:
zj1002 said:
I used to throw the panther and puma exclusively. didnt ever touch the roc. so yeah I would give it a try

They're completely different types of discs. The old Coyote (which I love) is -1 turn and +1 fade, Roc is 0/3. I can understand Coyote maybe replacing a really beat up Roc, but I don't think it can replace a Roc in what it's supposed to do.

well that is basically what I meant. I would give it a shot in that slot. I wont expect it to replace a stable mid slot. The roc is basically in the bag for life. I would drop my bevy of beat up rocs if I could find a good stable/understable mid. I like the mako but the star plastic is not very stiff. I am waiting for the CFR champ ones Dave D said they are going to put out later this year

discspeed said:
I think it would be awesome if they made a coyote/makoish disc that has a small Stalker-size bead on the bottom. It wouldn't kill the great glide and it would provide some stabilization and slow its movement as well as give it a little more LSS to start with. The MD1 is a tank of a power disc, so I still don't think it would overlap much.

Really? I always thought it was like the Shark (same ratings, very very similar profile) which isn't known as a tank. But my S MD1 is pretty overstable, handles wind nicely. My beat D MD1 is more like a Mako at the moment, very easy to lock on to any line, very straight finish even with very little power.

By the way, I got my first chance to try a Craze stamped S-Line CD today. I have a FR S-CD in my bag along with my Craze stamped P-CD and I love them both. The S is just straight under any conditions (I don't know if mine is a freak, but that's how it works) and the P is straight when powered down and does a small S when thrown normally. It also holds a decent anhyzer that straightens at the end. The Craze S CD was very, very understable compared to either one, it felt almost like a beefy Sidewinder. Very nice long annies, but hard to throw straight. It seemed weird and I thought I had lots of OAT or something, because I thought it should be like the P one, but when I got home I noticed it has very low PLH, so it's natural that it'd be much more understable.

Does anyone have any Craze S CDs? Are they understable, low PLH etc.? I love my FR one and I love the P one, but the Craze S one I've tried is a completely different disc. It might replace the Sidewinder from my bag until Discmania comes up with a true understable driver (one that's supposed to be that way), but if they're all over the place stability wise I'd have to travel around 250 miles to the Discmania store to compare the damn things if I want a replacement for my FR one or an understable one. I don't think that's such a good idea.

I have a new S CD, but I haven't thrown it. I'll try to throw it in the bag this weekend, and give it a toss.

I do have a P CD in the bag right now, and I'm loving it. I agree with what you say about the P CD. It's very easy to throw powered down. I threw it a couple of days ago on a 300' hole that forces a shallow hyzer with a 15' ceiling, and parked the pin. I threw it last night on a 320' anhyzer, and it held the turn the entire way to the pin. I can make a PD fly on that line, but I feel like I have to force it onto that line more than the CD.

Put the s and the p on a flat table, does the s have lower plh? If it does, congratulations, you've just bought the equivalent of an s sidewinder (not that I've tried an s sidewinder, but the s craze I tested was a bit more stable than my dx sidewinder, definitely roller material).

No, not really. Star generally molds up a lighter tighter, so it's got a skinnier nose, but they look pretty much identical.

Dave D on the Discmania putters:

I was throwing the P-Line P1 for a while, then I switched to the P-line P2 and threw that very happily until the Dart came out. Now I use the Star Dart. The plastic for the P1 and P2 is an R-Pro type with a lot of grip. While the P1 made an excellent putter, it didn't hold up well for driving. The P2 was a little more stable and held up very well for driving or putting. My opinion is that the P2 is the best of all the Aviar models for high speed stability, grip, and less low speed over stability. The KC and JK both drive about the same, but because they finish with more dive, they are not as straight of a putter.

Wonder where he got the P-Line P2, to my knowledge the P2 has never been made in P. Probably just hogging them for himself. Boo.

Timko said:
Dave D on the Discmania putters:

I was throwing the P-Line P1 for a while, then I switched to the P-line P2 and threw that very happily until the Dart came out. Now I use the Star Dart. The plastic for the P1 and P2 is an R-Pro type with a lot of grip. While the P1 made an excellent putter, it didn't hold up well for driving. The P2 was a little more stable and held up very well for driving or putting. My opinion is that the P2 is the best of all the Aviar models for high speed stability, grip, and less low speed over stability. The KC and JK both drive about the same, but because they finish with more dive, they are not as straight of a putter.

Sounds about right! I've been throwing a D P2 for about a year now and absolutely love them.

P2s are pretty kick ass. I used one for a while when I was on a hunt to replace my 10x aviars. I'm messing with a P1 maniac right now and its pretty nice.