• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

I like how the Viking is like a more stable Valk. I hear the CD has more glide than the Vike, which I like. I'm wondering if there are other differences between the two discs? I'm curious because I would like to try them in base plastic but I want to make sure I get the better of the two.

Doh! I read wrong. Haven't thrown either type of Viking. The originals had LP disc type grooves on top and the recent ones should fly like that and the ones in between aren't how Dave D intended them. According to him on Ask Dave D threads on PDGA.

Timko said:
I throw the CD, and have been for a while. It's a slightly longer TL for me, with good glide, and decent speed. I think it's got the TWrecks top, because it's got a nice blunt nose.

The one I want to get my hands on is the PD. Sounds like a predator with a more ergonomic grip.

Classic post. :lol:

I've been on the Discmania train for a while. 8)

The new Craze CD feels much better in my hand. I actually don't think it flies that different from the proto, but I never liked that fat nose.

ive heard the PD described as "like" a lot of things, from what i gather, its closest to a starfire, is there a better disc to compare it to?

If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.

If you like Eagles, Teebirds, and Firebirds, the PD is like their multi-talented big brother. No gold dust, rainbows, or unicorns though. Considering the average hole length of a lot of courses and the different plastics/stages of wear the PD provides, it may be the most versatile single driver in terms of the amount of holes you can throw it on.

discspeed said:
If you like Eagles, Teebirds, and Firebirds, the PD is like their multi-talented big brother. No gold dust, rainbows, or unicorns though. Considering the average hole length of a lot of courses and the different plastics/stages of wear the PD provides, it may be the most versatile single driver in terms of the amount of holes you can throw it on.

or substitute Orion LFs and Preds for Eagles and Firebirds???

but can you putt with it???

ManU said:
discspeed said:

or use a PD in every plastic to replace all of those

zj1002 said:
ManU said:
discspeed said:

This is not possible. The PD is too stable. I have said it before and will say it again. You can not get a new PD to flip up and over from a hyzer, like you can with a 1.1 MOLF.

rehder said:
zj1002 said:
ManU said:
discspeed said:

This is not possible. The PD is too stable. I have said it before and will say it again. You can not get a new PD to flip up and over from a hyzer, like you can with a 1.1 MOLF.

Whose talking about just new discs? Its very possible with a seasoned P-PD, however, you cannot get a new Qolf or Solf to fly as stable as a new C or S PD. You also can't get any OLFs to fly like a mildly seasoned P-PD (long/straight w/o turn and late fade).

discspeed said:
You also can't get any OLFs to fly like a mildly seasoned P-PD (long/straight w/o turn and late fade).

I throw this shot all the time with my seasoned SOLF.

rehder said:
zj1002 said:
ManU said:
discspeed said:

maybe if its new. like discpeed said,a seasoned p pd can do this. pd is not too overstable unlesss your talking about a champ

Frank Delicious said:
discspeed said:
You also can't get any OLFs to fly like a mildly seasoned P-PD (long/straight w/o turn and late fade).

I throw this shot all the time with my seasoned SOLF.

what Frank said. ALL THE TIME.

And regarding the stable part, I have a max weight 1.2 Qolf thats pretty much as stable as Pred.

booter said:
rehder said:
zj1002 said:
ManU said:
discspeed said:

maybe if its new. like discpeed said,a seasoned p pd can do this. pd is not too overstable unlesss your talking about a champ

Which is what I wrote in my post.
You can not get a new PD to flip up and over from a hyzer, like you can with a 1.1 MOLF.

PD/OLF wars! :lol:

Here's something else to add some fire...Star plastic does not glide like pro at all, so SOLFS do not do what P-PDs do at the same distance and effort. If I could only use one PD, it would be the P-PD, and in just that I could have everything from overstable to flippy. I don't think that could be said of the MOLF. Also, and I'm sure this is personal preference, but I don't like the opaque plastic Qolfs are made of. It always seemed slick to me. I know they are CFR, so its not really fair to compare, but I the the plastic in the C-PDs much better. I also prefer the feel of the PD in the hand, as it is a little meatier where the OLF seems shallow where you grip it.

so are we supposed to see new discmania discs this year? curious if they would put out something like a fairway driver or ludicrous speed driver. guess I could ask Dave D.

discspeed said:
PD/OLF wars! :lol:

Here's something else to add some fire...Star plastic does not glide like pro at all, so SOLFS do not do what P-PDs do at the same distance and effort. If I could only use one PD, it would be the P-PD, and in just that I could have everything from overstable to flippy. I don't think that could be said of the MOLF. Also, and I'm sure this is personal preference, but I don't like the opaque plastic Qolfs are made of. It always seemed slick to me. I know they are CFR, so its not really fair to compare, but I the the plastic in the C-PDs much better. I also prefer the feel of the PD in the hand, as it is a little meatier where the OLF seems shallow where you grip it.

it really is probably personal preference and for me, the 1.2 MOLFs are plenty stable for that they do. If I paired a few 1.2 MOLFs with two preds I could probably have a pretty solid bag. I am also not a big fan of the QOLF and use a beat Z pred for shots that the QOLF would cover.

Latest posts