• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

I too used to love the D P2, but switched back to KC Aviars due to some serious tacoing problems. One proper hit and the disc is useless.

Good news from PDGA.com....

discspeed said:
Dave,

Will the Discmania P-line eventually be available to retailers here in the US?
Also, is there any chance that champion plastic will become a Discmania staple in the future? The CFR Champion PDs fly really great and I think people would like the disc to remain overstable as the S line beats in significantly faster.

DaveD said:
Yes to both questions. The P-Line should be available soon, if it is not already. The C-Line will eventually be available, but probably not that soon as we are working on completing the other lines first. Some C-Line discs like the PD will be available through fundraising or tournament discs.

discspeed said:
Good news from PDGA.com....

discspeed said:
Dave,

Will the Discmania P-line eventually be available to retailers here in the US?
Also, is there any chance that champion plastic will become a Discmania staple in the future? The CFR Champion PDs fly really great and I think people would like the disc to remain overstable as the S line beats in significantly faster.

DaveD said:
Yes to both questions. The P-Line should be available soon, if it is not already. The C-Line will eventually be available, but probably not that soon as we are working on completing the other lines first. Some C-Line discs like the PD will be available through fundraising or tournament discs.

Oh Snap.

Leopard said:
huh?

What of the P-Line is not already available in the states?

Someone on the PDGA board didn't know what they were talking about earlier this morning.

well if a S or P PD rates at 0, 4 but the C PD rates at +.5, 4
is it too much to hope that a C Craze would be 0, 2???
mmm, 9, 5, 0, 2 that would be $$$$
ok so maybe 9, 5, -.5, 2.25 would be more like it but still that would be pretty nice

buuuut CFR only I'm sure

ManU said:
well if a S or P PD rates at 0, 4 but the C PD rates at +.5, 4
is it too much to hope that a C Craze would be 0, 2???
mmm, 9, 5, 0, 2 that would be $$$$
ok so maybe 9, 5, -.5, 2.25 would be more like it but still that would be pretty nice

buuuut CFR only I'm sure

I just took a peek at Innova's website to compare those PD numbers with other discs. The PD does not have a LSS of 4 except for the CFR Champs. The S or P-PD should have a LSS of 3. The Champ PD DOES NOT by any means have a +1 stability. That is garbage. Anyway, if you want HSS 0 and LSS 2 all you need is a P-PD that is slightly seasoned. The CD/Craze is always going to have a slight understability at high speeds.

The CD/Craze is always going to have a slight understability at high speeds.
... with the first runs being more HSS than current runs.

Could someone who can post on the PDGA forums ask Dave where the hell does he get those P-Line P2s? I've yet to find them anywhere, and he keeps going on about how great they are. If they do in fact feel like stiffer JK material, then I'm sold. D turns in to mush instantly and S is hard to grip in anything but the perfect conditions.

Leopard said:
huh?

He's probably referring to the "official US release" that has resulted in most retailers getting Discmania stuff now. CDGS doesn't have any P-line stuff yet and I just looked at GGGT's website and they don't either.

JimW said:
Leopard said:
huh?

He's probably referring to the "official US release" that has resulted in most retailers getting Discmania stuff now. CDGS doesn't have any P-line stuff yet and I just looked at GGGT's website and they don't either.

Exactly. I meant available to retailers to order from Innova @ wholesale rather than buying from DGV. When I checked last week on the online order form from Innova all of the P-lines were blacked out as unavailable.

DGW has both S and P line, but I think Rick requested them specifically. He got them wholesale from Innova.

Timko said:
DGW has both S and P line, but I think Rick requested them specifically. He got them wholesale from Innova.

Yeah...I think when Joe @ CDGS ordered he just told them to send some of everything and they didn't send any P. When I was disappointed and told him the Ps had the widest appeal of all the PDs, he went online to try and order them. That's when we saw them all blacked out. I think there were limited quantities and hopefully the situation is remedied soon.

jubuttib said:
Wonder where he got the P-Line P2, to my knowledge the P2 has never been made in P. Probably just hogging them for himself. Boo.

I've held one and it's fairly stiff and not that tacky. On the upcoming Tali Open 2009 DVD I think you can see Toni Asikainen (Helsinki rep for Discmania at the time) drive far with one in a tunnel. Think one FH approach too. It wasn't in production then and I haven't heard of it now either.

JR said:
I've held one and it's fairly stiff and not that tacky. On the upcoming Tali Open 2009 DVD I think you can see Toni Asikainen (Helsinki rep for Discmania at the time) drive far with one in a tunnel. Think one FH approach too.
Grippier and not as stiff as an S-Line one I hope?
It wasn't in production then and I haven't heard of it now either.
Pretty much what I thought. I hope it makes its way into production, sounds like it'd be just what I'm looking for.

My S-Line is not stiff. IMO the flight plate gives too much for my liking for driving. IIRC the P line was stiffer and about as non tacky as an S-Line.

I asked about the P2, the upcoming C-Line and their progress with the understable drivers on Facebook, and here's the reply:

C-Line Pd and MD2 (the new Coyote-like midrange I guess) are coming to Finland and Europe at the end of April, only available as a fundraiser at first.

P2 in P-Line will be available as a normal run product, no time-line though.

The new understable driver will be available in April in S-Line.

Here's the kicker: The understable driver is going to be named (I do hope they change this, it'd be funny but not a wise move) Turning Driver. I'm looking forward to getting an S-TD from Discmania!