• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

Are you saying the PD doesn't penetrate as well into a headwind, or flips more than a Chicken/Pred into a headwind?

The PD penetrates a headwind just fine but it will flip more than a Pred/FB.

I have thrown the PD in 20+ mph winds and with the right amount of hyzer and form, the PD did a fine job but will flip more than the Pred/FB if not thrown just right, which makes it less consitent into the headwind in my opinion.

However when your in the 5-15 mph range throw the PD with confidence

I've got a 1st Run S-Line CD but havent had a chance to throw it. Looks like a Star FL.

disc junkie said:
I think the only thing the PD cant do as well as those three discs is fight a headwind as good as a FB but other than that the PD is those three discs wrapped into one.

How about thumbers and tommies?

Jerrod said:
disc junkie said:
I think the only thing the PD cant do as well as those three discs is fight a headwind as good as a FB but other than that the PD is those three discs wrapped into one.

How about thumbers and tommies?

cant answer that one, I do not throw thumbers or tommies

disc junkie said:

I have thrown the PD in 20+ mph winds and with the right amount of hyzer and form, the PD did a fine job but will flip more than the Pred/FB if not thrown just right, which makes it less consitent into the headwind in my opinion.

Sounds a lot like my 1.2 SOLF compared to my Pred.

RS39 said:
disc junkie said:

Sounds a lot like my 1.2 SOLF compared to my Pred.

it very similar...personally I think between the PD and the SOLF/Starfire/Avenger its all just personal preferance because they are all very similar

so what the hell is the deal here.....is this innova's attempt at slimming down like Millennium did after they started?.....aren't these guys Innova Europe?......which is better Discmania or Millennium?.....let the blood bath begin.....muahahahahah

actually what i would really like to know is what are the actual frankendisc combinations used to make both the Millennium and Discmania discs?

Discmania is a finnish disc company, Innova does mold their discs. Dave D designs them with Discmania CEO Jussi Meresmaa.

AFAIK Innova Europe never happened and the closest thing to that is to see Discmania as a related separate company from Innova like Millennium but what do I know? Not an insider.

Ive been looking for a disc close to a wraith with a little more stablilty, kinda like a longer teebird. I was gonna use a star teerex but they are having issues with stablity so im thinking about the DD.

Are they straight with a little fade for a 450 throw? like a champ teebird for a 375-400 throw? i want the S-Line right it is the star type correct?

PRES 10 said:
Ive been looking for a disc close to a wraith with a little more stablilty, kinda like a longer teebird. I was gonna use a star teerex but they are having issues with stablity so im thinking about the DD.

Are they straight with a little fade for a 450 throw? like a champ teebird for a 375-400 throw? i want the S-Line right it is the star type correct?

S is one of the 50 plastic blends that go by the name of Star at Innova. Haven't thrown a DD. Except Quest Double D :-D

Ordered an S-line Control Driver and an D-line Control Driver from DiscGolfValues.com last week...instead, he sent me an S-line Control Driver and an S-line Power Driver. I had planned on eventually picking up a PD too, and got S-line plastic for the D-line price, so I can't complain :D

Haven't had a chance to throw them yet, but I'm hoping to get some field time in this weekend. The PD feels great in the hand...very similar to an Orc or Starfire. The CD looks almost too beefy to be a "controlled" driver with that giant, blunt Teerex nose. Anyone still throwing the CD? Any new feedback/reviews?

I throw the CD. Like I said before, TL flight path with potential Valk distance. Handles variable speeds very well. I use it more like a hybrid club in ball golf.

i got a new PD in the mail today, plastic is way sweet, the perfect champ/star mix.
the wing is definitely the same old OLF/FX wing as far as i can see, the top however is a strange one, without one here to compare id say its a beast top. feels great in the hand and i cant wait to toss it, i think this one has some real promise though

Jesse B 707 said:
i got a new PD in the mail today, plastic is way sweet, the perfect champ/star mix.
the wing is definitely the same old OLF/FX wing as far as i can see, the top however is a strange one, without one here to compare id say its a beast top. feels great in the hand and i cant wait to toss it, i think this one has some real promise though

you're gonna likey....ask further...as you already know I dig these bad boys.

I give it three weeks in your bag though....about as long as the avenger, orc, etc... right? :wink:

Dude all Discmania S Plastic for Drivers is absolute ( . )( . )

I was able to go out the past 2 days and throw my new CD and PD for about 45min before the sun went down. For reference, they're both S-line plastic @ 172g, and I shaved the flashing off of both before ever throwing them. The PD feels like straight Star plastic, while the CD feels more like the Champ/Star blend...very slick and shiny!

The PD seems to fly just like a more overstable Star Starfire...I'm looking forward to seeing how it flies after a few months use. I could see using a set of these in differnt plastics, weights, and stages of wear to cover all long distance drives (except maybe big turnovers / hyzer-flips...would have to throw a really beat one to find out). I'm looking forward to getting one in D-line plastic to see how it beats in.

I was really skeptical about the CD when I first got it...it just looks too beefy to be a "control" driver, but after throwing it a bit I can see that I was mistaken; it'll hold a straight line pretty well. I'd be willing to bet that a slightly used D-line CD would be dead-straight all the way to the ground. I bought this with the intention of using it as a fairway driver, but I think it's too fast for that.

When brand new, these 2 (PD and CD) seem to compliment each other pretty well. I'm going to stick both in the bag for a while, alongside my normal distance driver set-up, for some more testing in real game situations.

disc junkie said:
Jesse B 707 said:

you're gonna likey....ask further...as you already know I dig these bad boys.

I give it three weeks in your bag though....about as long as the avenger, orc, etc... right? :wink:

Dude all Discmania S Plastic for Drivers is absolute ( . )( . )
I had avengers in there for at least 3 months, OLFs for around 6. :p
it will come down to a battle between this and the OLF im sure

RustyP said:
I was really skeptical about the CD when I first got it...it just looks too beefy to be a "control" driver, but after throwing it a bit I can see that I was mistaken; it'll hold a straight line pretty well. I'd be willing to bet that a slightly used D-line CD would be dead-straight all the way to the ground. I bought this with the intention of using it as a fairway driver, but I think it's too fast for that.

I use my CD for a lot of controlled distance lines. Blake once referenced the Valkyrie as the 3-Wood of disc golf, and I feel the CD could also be considered in that category. I can throw it with 3/4 power on a pretty straight line for such a big rim, which is one of my favorite qualities about it. I still haven't gotten the hang of throwing it at full power though. It seems I have good days and bad days throwing this disc, and I think I need to put less hyzer on it than I think I should.

As far as the D line, I picked up a few from DGW when I picked up my Power Drivers. Not only am I hoping that it breaks into a straight flyer, but a really beat up would make an excellent roller with such a wide rim.

Furthur said:
RustyP said:

I use my CD for a lot of controlled distance lines. Blake once referenced the Valkyrie as the 3-Wood of disc golf, and I feel the CD could also be considered in that category. I can throw it with 3/4 power on a pretty straight line for such a big rim, which is one of my favorite qualities about it. I still haven't gotten the hang of throwing it at full power though. It seems I have good days and bad days throwing this disc, and I think I need to put less hyzer on it than I think I should.

As far as the D line, I picked up a few from DGW when I picked up my Power Drivers. Not only am I hoping that it breaks into a straight flyer, but a really beat up would make an excellent roller with such a wide rim.

Have you thrown any PDs in the D-line plastic? If so, how do they compare to the S plastic?