• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

Why did discmania discontinue the MD1? The sg MD1 is my all time favorite mid; a bit overstable but so workable for so many lines.

That sucks! sg line feels and throws awesome! It must have not been working for their other discs... or was just too similar to s

turso said:
The SG is a lot better than S. S can be super sensitive to OAT and slightly off releases.

The S released cleanly is slightly more HSS and a fair bit more LSS enough so that the role might change a little. S MD1 is not a point and shoot laser tunnel disc like the SG MD1. I vastly prefer the SG over the other MD1s but it is also the most Buzz like of the MD1s which means that are normally available (the way jubuttib describes the gummy flat C MD 1 sounds it is even more so) which means that the hard plastic thinner Axes and breaking in an Obex or in calm conditions Ibex (less HSS) compete too. Grip tackiness wise only the FLX Buzz competes because x link is slicker even after removing the lube and softs are weird in that they are not tacky but at least they are unusable for power throwers :) Meaning the SG is a pretty damn special disc. Pair that to a new FLX Buzz and you cover a lot of different lines in all conditions. Of course monster headwinds need beefier mids or powered down drivers so the slicker Gator or the well gripping FLX Drone help there.

Anyone know why they discontinued the SG line? Was it a supplier issue?

Slightly off topic, I purchased a C-Line PD from Marshall Street and I ended up with a plus rim. Does the plus rim affect flight or is it more of a grip issue?

The S-Line PD that I lost seemed like it had a totally different rim. It had shorter depth and was slightly more narrow. I am beginning to think it was a CD with the wrong stamp.

Stringbean said:
Anyone know why they discontinued the SG line? Was it a supplier issue? I never thought there was that much of a difference between SG and S.

Slightly off topic, I purchased a C-Line PD from Marshall Street and I ended up with a plus rim. Does the plus rim affect flight or is it more of a grip issue?Grip issue. Or you could also say it is more of a psychological issue.

The S-Line PD that I lost seemed like it had a totally different rim. It had shorter depth and was slightly more narrow. I am beginning to think it was a CD with the wrong stamp.
Could have been been old config

So, finally got a PP2, and I really want to like it, but it's a little on the hard side for my liking.

Is there such thing as a softer PP2? Or am I really gonna just have to bts out of it?

Hoey said:
So, finally got a PP2, and I really want to like it, but it's a little on the hard side for my liking.

Is there such thing as a softer PP2? Or am I really gonna just have to bts out of it?

I haven't thrown any pro ones, but I have seen some d P2s that are pretty darn soft and grippy.

warobert said:
Hoey said:

I haven't thrown any pro ones, but I have seen some d P2s that are pretty darn soft and grippy.

thanks for you reply, and thank you JR as well...

DP2s are my joint. I have a whole mess of them.
Have a couple 1st run DP2 that are so buttery I could grease a pan with them.
I was hoping the P-Line version would be a little softer, so I could stop throwing the D's off the Tee, but these are a little to firm/slick for my taste so far.
I guess what I really want are some JK P2s...
Make it happen Discmania.

Just asked DiscMania on FB about the chance of a stable/understable mid like the fuse and this is what i got as a response

" There will be some new stuff happening in our midrange line up, but we'll inform more about it later ;)"

dishwasher - cough cough

Hoey said:

Booter said:
looky looky
http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/d-line-p3-pre-release-prototype.html

god I hate being unemployed and broke, I'd be all over this.

who's getting one and writing the review?