• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

The S FD i donated was like a flippier version of the flippy QJLS that i disliked too so maybe even the C FD in flat most overstable version might not be a great match for me especially when the Volt is around. Getting a C FD is not high on my list of purchase priorities so i'll probably wait if i can loan one and see how it works for me.

Whats the difference between S and SG line? I picked up a FR SG MD1 and it feels just like my regular S lines.

BLURR said:
The sg line is a softer version of the s-line. I think the md1 is the only mold ever ran in it.

I read its supposed to be softer, but they feel exactly the same to me.

Well for the most part the SG is a softer flexy star. The S-line Md1 is usually very stiff and slicker

I have a white FR SG-MD1. It's totally gummy, somewhere in the ballpark of XG Rocs or the softest R-pro there is. But the surface has that S-line shine and grip.

It's surprisingly stable, and I have no use for it now, but maybe later if my current R-pro MD2 gets lost or something. It might beat into something interesting.

Picked up a cd for shiggles and to me it flies pretty similar to a p pd. I like the soft p pds better than the stiffies, and I'm thinking the cd will stay in its sweet spot a lot longer and is a lot easier to replace. Any thoughts?

I really liked the CD for a while, but as my P-PD's got worn, there was no need for the CD.

I would really like to try a C-CD, if they ever come out.

BLURR said:
I really liked the CD for a while, but as my P-PD's got worn, there was no need for the CD.

If a c-cd ever came out, i could probably drop my PD. I love my FR CDs. They are straight with a touch of hyzer, or hold a nice anny line. Almost like a beat teebird. I used to throw my beat S PDs on most holes, but now i reach for my CDs and get a similar line/distance and without beating in a PD

I posted a question on their facebook page...and here is the answer. Our prayers have been answered....at least in regard to the PD.

Discmania: The newest run of C-PD has a regular rim. It's not quite as beefy as the 1st Run, but has a tremendous forward-pushing glide. C-CD is not currently in the plans, sorry.

linkinparkervii said:
BLURR said:

If a c-cd ever came out, i could probably drop my PD. I love my FR CDs. They are straight with a touch of hyzer, or hold a nice anny line. Almost like a beat teebird. I used to throw my beat S PDs on most holes, but now i reach for my CDs and get a similar line/distance and without beating in a PD

You do know that current CDs are nothing like FR CDs, right?

turso said:
linkinparkervii said:
BLURR said:

You do know that current CDs are nothing like FR CDs, right?

I do. I only throw the FR for that reason. Never thrown a production run CD. Would probably be a good understable compliment to the FR

I've been tossing a production run s cd a little here and there and like it so far. I like it because it the fade isn't as pronounced as with a pd, but I don't have a seasoned pd in the bag right now....all of mine are pretty fresh still. If I really get on the cd it'll turn a bit but still come back. The flashing is still pretty sharp, we'll see how much more turn develops once it wears in.

From Discgolfsweden

Discmania have developed MD2 together with Innova and Dave Dunipace. Produced by Innova. Abbreviation under the disc is S-MD1. MD2 is a less stable version of the MD1, it is between a Innova Shark and Coyote according to the Dave Dunipace at Innova.

I thought the MD1 was the understable/stable compliment to the MD2 not the other way around...

heres the md1

Discmanias first mold, a midrange released on the 1th of december 2006. Discmania have developed MD1 together with Innova and Dave Dunipace. Produced by Innova. Predictable overstable midrange according to the manufacturer. Abbreviation under the disc is S-MD1.

What are your guys thoughts on discmanias p line discs? I know it's supposed to be the pro line like innova but is seems more durable to me and I like the feelin of it better.

So what are all your thoughts on it?