• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

To me they feel actually less beefy thanks to the slant making the fingers slide off early in the throw. The feel during the throw is what counts. And being able to hold on to the disc.

I got a new DD2 Frenzy P Line with high hopes but am still trying to get used to it I guess. I think I need more practice with it but so far it just does not seem to glide as well as other discs and is not as comfortable in my hand. I throw right about 400' with my other drivers. I talked with a much better player than me and he sort of had the same results so far. It seems to fade early??? Maybe it just needs more power than I supply? Maybe it needs more breaking in? Just wanted to see if any others can weigh in on this as I see it in local stores now so I am betting more people are at least trying it. I am not ready to give up on it yet but so far, my high hopes have not been met. Maybe my hopes were too high? I tend to blame user error first so I am going to keep practicing with it to see if I just need to get used to the feel and the release.

ljerome said:
I got a new DD2 Frenzy P Line with high hopes but am still trying to get used to it I guess. I think I need more practice with it but so far it just does not seem to glide as well as other discs and is not as comfortable in my hand. I throw right about 400' with my other drivers. I talked with a much better player than me and he sort of had the same results so far. It seems to fade early??? Maybe it just needs more power than I supply? Maybe it needs more breaking in? Just wanted to see if any others can weigh in on this as I see it in local stores now so I am betting more people are at least trying it. I am not ready to give up on it yet but so far, my high hopes have not been met. Maybe my hopes were too high? I tend to blame user error first so I am going to keep practicing with it to see if I just need to get used to the feel and the release.

Have you ever thrown anything that fast before? I throw dd2s in both the s and p plastic and both are fast and glidey. They should be turning over a bit and coming back for you if you are throwing them flat, not fading too early. Fading too early leads me to believe it's just too fast of a disc for your power level.

MR. WICK said:
ljerome said:

Have you ever thrown anything that fast before? I throw dd2s in both the s and p plastic and both are fast and glidey. They should be turning over a bit and coming back for you if you are throwing them flat, not fading too early. Fading too early leads me to believe it's just too fast of a disc for your power level.

Thanks Wick for responding. I tend to agree with you that my power may not be enough but is the disc too fast or too stable for me? I throw Katana and Destroyer at that speed and of course the K turns more than the D. Sometimes the K turns too much for certain lines and distance so I hyzer flip it too. I was looking for something just a little more stable and someone recommended the DD2. I guess I was looking for comments likes yours because the other guy I know who has more power than me said he was getting a similar performance from the DD2 as I was.

I have roughly the same power as you do with occasionally a little more with a great shot. My P DD2 broke in quickly from not turning at all to much more easy distance disc with the turn delaying the fade a lot gaining significant distance. So i'd break in that disc first before trying out something else.

You need to throw it around a bit, after it loses a bit of its initial stability it'll be much easier to throw long.

So, I was at usdgc this week and I get this hot tip from ls discs that c-line fd is going stock production in november. I couldn't get a straight answer out of Jussi so I wanted to see what the scandinavian disc mafia had heard on the subject.

warobert said:
So, I was at usdgc this week and I get this hot tip from ls discs that c-line fd is going stock production in november. I couldn't get a straight answer out of Jussi so I wanted to see what the scandinavian disc mafia had heard on the subject.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152156277165541&set=a.313716010540.342457.313076980540&type=1&theater

Just ordered a 175 cfd from discgolfvalues. Will report back when I get a chance to throw it!

Got a 170 C-FD today. Looks and feels really nice, the PLH is identical with my 175 DGR S-FDs though.

Im really liking mine. I have a blue 170 and 2 hot pink 172 all with identical plh, theyre fuckin sick

The flat pearly C-FDs are really nice. Ive seen them in blue and green in the 170-172g and yellow 175g. Most of the other weights and colors are similar to the S-FD

The flat C-FD is more stable, similar to a QJLS. I like mine but its too much like a QJLS. I'll trade it for a C/S-PD2 if anyone wants mine

i agree. the flat blues are pretty hss when new. i threw mikes into some headwinds and shots id throw my qj on and its very similar to a new qj. i actually am almost jealous but i have to remember i have a shit load of ce qjls :)