• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

IDK but the C FD starts out very overstable so if it did break in it would probably take several years. Unless you give it a crash course :-D

JR said:
IDK but the C FD starts out very overstable so if it did break in it would probably take several years. Unless you give it a crash course :-D
"Can start out very overstable" is more like it. Mine is clearly more HSS and LSS than my S-FD, but it ain't overstable by any means.

Mine is big time overstable at least as much as a regular 175 C PD probably a little more than that actually at 167 and each of the ones at Frisbeepoint looked the same shape wise.

EO stamped C PD2 172 is somewhat blizzard inside the wing in a thin layer and a very overstable disc. Fairly similar to Z Forces and the best long headwind OS driver that Innova makes. Short though because it is so OS much more so than my P PD2.

Bah a head to head test with that C PD2 and my Z Force showed that the initial estimate was somewhat off. That C PD2 is much more LSS and earlier fading so about 15' shorter on average after skips. Since discs don't always skip the Force is much longer when the ground prevents skipping. The PD2 ended up about as much left because it tilts so heavily that it drops early despite skipping a fair deal. The power requirement of the C PD2 is even higher than that of the Force and mine tilted at 200' with flat release at full power dropping down at about 230-240' skipping to at best 300' but with controlled power less than that. Maybe 280' best. That is one meat hook of a disc. With my horrible powered FH annies were possible and the disc got decent distance but way less than my D2 because the PD2 is so much slower. D difference BH between the D2 and the PD2 is huge on average close to 65'. FH less because i can mask my crappy powered form with the PD2 on an anny line. With flat FHs there is more difference but not like with my BH perhaps 50'ish on average.

I have a 2013 "Jolly Launcher" C-PD2 that is overstable to all hell. Threw a short hole aiming for a forehand s-shot, let it go way too steep, it was almost vertical, good thing I chose this disc, as it fought out of that roller angle and faded in for a putt.

If the Stilletto is more overstable I cannot imagine what that will do. EO stamped one I got is nowhere near that stability. It is very stable (I would say a sliver less than the FR C-PD2s that came out in 2011), but nowhere near the microbubbly rimmed 2013 one I got. The Jolly Launcher one has a huge pop top dome too, I wonder if that has to do with it.

Just got some 2nd run C-FDs, based on their description they seem to be Jolly Launcher plastic (quite stiff) with a bit of bubble action going on in the rim. They feel good, but I have to say I was really surprised by the PLH difference when compared to my 1st run C-FD. That one is clearly more stable than my S-Lines, it does have some turn but not a whole lot. But it pales in comparison:

9515969909_a322ec7124_c.jpg

The one on the left is the 2nd Run. Don't know what to expect from these, haven't thrown them yet, but they're likely going to be quite stable/overstable. If the fade isn't too harsh I might be able to replace the TeeBirds I've been lugging around with these...

The 2nd runs fly amazing. I have been stocking up on them for months now. Right now, I carry a first run c-line (Russian CFR), 2nd Run c-line, and s-line, all max weight. They complement each other very well. My 2nd run started out nearly Banshee stable; I'd say between a Banshee and an old CAL 11x TB. At first it wouldn't flinch in a 10mph headwind out to 400'. Now I get a nice predictable turn, but still a reliable finish to the left.

To let you know, there is already a third run. Jussi has mentioned the 3rd runs supposedly rate in between the 1st and 2nd runs in terms of stability. While I have several 3rd runs, and their parting lines are certainly in between the 1st and 2nd runs, I have yet to throw them to confirm.

My eo c pd2 is super beefy and short because of the early harsh fade. More hss and lss and shorter than z force.

maskedavenger said:
I have a 2013 "Jolly Launcher" C-PD2 that is overstable to all hell. Threw a short hole aiming for a forehand s-shot, let it go way too steep, it was almost vertical, good thing I chose this disc, as it fought out of that roller angle and faded in for a putt.

If the Stilletto is more overstable I cannot imagine what that will do. EO stamped one I got is nowhere near that stability. It is very stable (I would say a sliver less than the FR C-PD2s that came out in 2011), but nowhere near the microbubbly rimmed 2013 one I got. The Jolly Launcher one has a huge pop top dome too, I wonder if that has to do with it.

As is mine (the super beefy part, EO C-PD2), but I'm getting the distinct impression it's short because it just doesn't have any glide. My Stilettos are easily as or more overstable, but they go a lot farther because they have plenty of glide.

I saw jori hätinen throw piippos stiletto and there was good glide but he has a lot of oomph. The c fd is not glideless as long as it goes fast but it will slow down fairly soon and start the fade and drop earlier than any kind of s fd. So it depends on who is throwing.

Tried my friends blizzard line DD2, flipped over like crazy, felt much like blizzard destroyer. Thinking about moving to heavier discs...

Blizzards vary a lot in some molds. Dd2 is flippy my early destro is more overstable than normal max weights at 134! Quasars vary from less flippy but still flippy to great distance hyzer flipper so a high plh one might work for you. Longevity could be a problem because the stability changes a lot with minor plh differences and tuning is touchy.

Yeah, it's not the weight itself that causes the flippyness, it's the fact they tend to mold up with a different shape. If you can find a high PLH blizzard disc there's no reason why it can't be overstable.

I throw two Discmania discs, both I've picked up in the last year. I rarely replace any discs in my bag unless they get to beat in & I add a new one (I like to cycle). I like to spend a lot of time doing field work with discs when I get them. I compare them to the current discs I carry for that slot in my bag to see how the new disc compares to what I'm currently using. I got a C PD & I only had to throw it a few times & it was clear to me that it was a better disc than my Champ Orc. I mostly threw my Orc for sidearm shots & occasional backhand shots that needed to fly farther than my Teebirds but shorter than my Destroyers. I could tell the PD had more glide & it just felt better in my hand than the Orc. This is the first time in a a few years since a new disc I was trting kicked another mold out of my bag so quickly. I also have a C PD2 which I really enjoy throwing also, it replaced my Champ XCal. I'm very glad I started trying Discmaina molds that I ever tried before. In the past I've used a S CD which was okay but it couldn't compete with my other discs, I don't think the PD or PD2 is coming out of my bag for a long time (if ever) & I'd highly recommend people try them. I've heard a lot of good things about the P2 & I'm looking for a new stable driving putter so I'm gonna pick one up & see how it flies.

The disc is incredibly similar to the MD2 anyway, so it's a slight +mold like all MD2s are.

Anyone care to speculate what are the new things for DM for 2014? Some hints here: https://twitter.com/JussiMeresmaa

I think they could use a really overstable midrange or fairway. Or continue with glidey discs like FD and TD2. "PD3", a 11-speed stable yet glidey disc could be nice.