• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

I got a feeling it is beyond discs. I do recall Jussi and Mark mentioning Discmania aimed to take a bigger look at the US in the future. This may be part of it.

Yeah I was going to write "besides expanding in the US" and I know they are also expanding the DiscGolfPark model in Germany etc. (although thats more Innova Europe business than Discmania, but Jussi is the connecting person).

Hard to imagine they would not relase any new models for 2014, though. Any thoughts on that, what are they missing in their lineup? Of course there can be only a certain amount of discs when you look at the different characteristics and combine them... no what am I saying look at Innova, nevermind

maskedavenger said:
Anyone care to speculate what are the new things for DM for 2014? Some hints here: https://twitter.com/JussiMeresmaa

I think they could use a really overstable midrange or fairway. Or continue with glidey discs like FD and TD2. "PD3", a 11-speed stable yet glidey disc could be nice.
They do need an overstable mid (MD3 ain't it, even though I hoped very hard), they also need FD2, a disc that flies like the 2nd run C-FD does, meaning a neutral to slightly overstable fairway driver. Stable glidey 11 speed kinda sounds like a domey DD to me if I'm honest. Very under appreciated disc that one.

I would like a less beefy PD2. Jussi mentioned he was going to fix the issue with the MD3.

I'm wondering that were do I need the great FD when I could have P-PD, S-PD and a C-PD covering all my driver needs. Or would they.

The FD fades less and needs less power so it is easier to get the distance when you are obstructed from taking steps and/or pulling the arm the whole way. Or rather some FDs fade less and especially some C FDs fade a lot. Each C FD at Frisbeepoint i have seen is the hard fading kind when they are C-Lines. Dunno how a less overstable C FD flies or looks like from personal experience or even watching others throw them for that matter. jubuttib got less overstable ones from Powergrip i assume. I have no idea about how they vary. Last year S FDs had stupid variations and way different flights between the ones i have seen. The straighter kind looks nothing like my flippy hard fading one except they are round and have wings and flight plates.

I had a 165g S-FD which I had used for the summer and after some beating (and improvement in technic) it became really flippy. Few weeks ago I lost it and traded for an another one. It's easy to hyzer-flip and I can be sure that if I release it flat and put some power it will head to the right.

2nd run C-FD.. that's like a different disc. I traded for a 168g one and as I don't have a big arm, I have no fear of turning it over when I throw it flat as hard as I can. It just wants to hold the line. Comparable to a Teebird in my opinion.

I would be excited to throw a normal (1st/3rd run?) C-FD to see how it would compare with the other two. I've heard and I can easily believe that it is between the S-FD and 2nd run C-FD. While the S-FD is flippy and the 2nd run C-FD is very much Teebird-like, a normal, full weight C-FD would do extremely well as an all-around fairway driver. Well, the S-FD already is a great all-arounder, but I think that a normal C-FD just would be easier to control due to the slighty higher stability.

I'm so excited to test out some D-MD2s, PDs and especially those popular flat top C-MD2s. But that's a different thing when I'm able to, maybe next summer..

mutteriwiritys said:
2nd run C-FD.. that's like a different disc. I traded for a 168g one and as I don't have a big arm, I have no fear of turning it over when I throw it flat as hard as I can. It just wants to hold the line. Comparable to a Teebird in my opinion.
Very much so. It took the Champ and Star TB's out of my bag.

C-FD like a Teebird, really? How can this be when it has a straight tapered "L" wing like the Leopard?

FDs change a lot. Mine is more like a Firebird light and way more HSS and LSS than any Teebird i have tried. I have not tried the more than normal overstable tournament player fundraiser Teebirds though.

maskedavenger said:
Anyone care to speculate what are the new things for DM for 2014? Some hints here: https://twitter.com/JussiMeresmaa

I think they could use a really overstable midrange or fairway. Or continue with glidey discs like FD and TD2. "PD3", a 11-speed stable yet glidey disc could be nice.

FD2

Thats what I thought. (Word is its going to be overstable.) Rim looks quite beefy to me, even at that width. Kind of like PD2 has a massively beefy rim while not being max wide (12, not 13 speed).

Nice, just when I thought I was done buying new discs.

http://instagram.com/p/k5dCFvtLW8/

"Testing upcoming Discmania FD2. 100 meter (328 feet) hole in one as a result. This disc will be slower / less glide than FD with more stable finish. Flight numbers: 7 | 4 | 0 | 2 ."

Also: pretty picture, I wants them: http://instagram.com/p/k5UH6FNLbN/

Out in March.

BentElbow11 said:
C-FD like a Teebird, really? How can this be when it has a straight tapered "L" wing like the Leopard?
Flipflat said:
C-FD is flatter, way more stable than the DGR S-FD I fell in love with. Faster Teebird.
Well only the 2nd run C-FD does that. The other C-FDs are more stable than S-Lines, but still turn noticeably. The 2nd run though really does fly like a slightly less glidey and perhaps a bit faster TB.

at some point did they change the bottom of the GM? I have a couple GM that have the big bead on the bottom like the gator. Trade for another and when it came it is marked on the bottom gm and is the size and has the same profile except that it has a micro bead instaed of the big bead. The new traded for disc is from a tourney in 2008 and is unthrown condition. I know that for a while they ran gators without a bead did they do the same with the gm?

money 21 said:
at some point did they change the bottom of the GM? I have a couple GM that have the big bead on the bottom like the gator. Trade for another and when it came it is marked on the bottom gm and is the size and has the same profile except that it has a micro bead instaed of the big bead. The new traded for disc is from a tourney in 2008 and is unthrown condition. I know that for a while they ran gators without a bead did they do the same with the gm?

Maybe its a actual gremlin by innova, and not the GM by Discmania? Just my thought.

The s-line GM i have has the big bead. Its not one of their popular molds, so i dont think they would have very many runs

All of my GMs have the HB (Huge Bead), I'd actually be interested in a small bead one if I ever saw such a thing. =/

I'm just curious. Has discmania ever made the Gremlin in a DX type plastic? The Plastic is the rubbery kind of DX plastic

I picked up(used bin) a unthrown what looks to be a big bead flat top Roc. On the bottom it has GR G.

I threw it a couple of times and it goes so straight that it overlaps with my Z Comet.Thought I had a flat top Roc,but maybe I'm wrong?

Yes, they have. Does yours have the artwork on it, or just the GM stamp? Either way, it should say D-Line or S-line somewhere on the top.